F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch

F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch

View Stats:
Is the full release better optimised than the demo was?
As title. The demo stutters when moving through the world at very short intervals. Gets annoying.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 34 comments
Werde 4 Oct, 2021 @ 4:55pm 
It ran fine for me,all graphic options maximized, vsync on and fps lock at 60, stable 60 fps no drops or stuttering. (i5 8600, 16gb ram, 1070ti, game/demo installed on hdd @ 7200rpm).
Stix Zidinia 4 Oct, 2021 @ 5:20pm 
I'm sporting an old 1070 and 3700X, it's running fine for me at 1440p DX12 and maxed settings. maybe you have something else running that is causing your issue?
PRETTYBOYSWAG 4 Oct, 2021 @ 5:26pm 
all maxed 144 fps throughout no drops, might be your system.
Fracture94 4 Oct, 2021 @ 5:46pm 
Stutters happened to me also in the first level the first time i launched the game. After that, is smooth as silk.
Eternal Cowboy 4 Oct, 2021 @ 7:48pm 
Some of you need to learn how to be PC gamers.....l
Older system
i75775C 32G DDR3 RTX2080 Gigabyte z97 Gaming Black edition

Runs smooth.... Game maxed RTX Features on....

Many programs conflict.... so turn off what you do not need. Then optimize your system/settings update drivers etc...I have not had any major issues or even minor ones in years. If you want Mail your game rigs to me via UPS/Fed Ex/USPS and for a fee I will set them up for you. I accept Bitcoin... lol ;-) J/K

Seriously though it aint hard.... I truly have had no issues in years by following the above advice. Good luck gents...
HeyApple 4 Oct, 2021 @ 9:10pm 
The game does stutter everytime you load a new area it's unplayable.
<:) 4 Oct, 2021 @ 11:24pm 
Originally posted by Mayhem Maverick:
Some of you need to learn how to be PC gamers.....l
Older system
i75775C 32G DDR3 RTX2080 Gigabyte z97 Gaming Black edition

Runs smooth.... Game maxed RTX Features on....

Many programs conflict.... so turn off what you do not need. Then optimize your system/settings update drivers etc...I have not had any major issues or even minor ones in years. If you want Mail your game rigs to me via UPS/Fed Ex/USPS and for a fee I will set them up for you. I accept Bitcoin... lol ;-) J/K

Seriously though it aint hard.... I truly have had no issues in years by following the above advice. Good luck gents...
Step 1 of your guide to 'being a pc gaymer': Own an RTX gpu.
Werde 5 Oct, 2021 @ 2:44am 
Originally posted by HeyApple:
The game does stutter everytime you load a new area it's unplayable.
Game of demo?
Vayne 5 Oct, 2021 @ 5:47am 
It stutters as much as Kena. The latter was reported to be stuttery because of the game. This seems to behave similarly. Note that I have no latency issues on my PC. I tried with and without OC and still stutters (GPU and CPU). It is a streaming related stutter only it seems, again, similar to Kena. Both running Unreal engine. Devs can fix this if they look into it with more effort. Hope it gets fixed soon, as it is the only thing bothering me right now.
Vayne 5 Oct, 2021 @ 5:49am 
It is worth noting that I am running with DX12, Ray Tracing, DLSS. On a 3090 and 5900x.
quixoticaxis 5 Oct, 2021 @ 6:23am 
Can anyone keep stable 60 or more fps in 4k, all maxed out, RTX on, DLSS off? What driver version do you use?
It seems that in larger scenes it goes into 45–55fps for me.
And yeah, game slows when caching some new resources, but the issue mostly goes away if you play more than an hour.
Last edited by quixoticaxis; 5 Oct, 2021 @ 6:26am
Rupfy 5 Oct, 2021 @ 11:23am 
does this game have dx11? if yes try dxvk async. don't forget to create dxvk.conf file with dxvk.enableAsync = true in it. this is helping me in most unreal engine related games with shader cache stuttering. dxvk itself will have little stuttering at first. but should be less than under dx11.
MimicMachine 5 Oct, 2021 @ 1:22pm 
Originally posted by .:
I have no issues with any games outside of Unreal Engine games, a good deal of which have this same exact stuttering issue.
I usually don't have that issue on unreal engine games even with much older computer systems (like a cheap 10 year old gaming laptop).
Doesn't mean it is your fault though, if anything it seems like unreal doesn't like something you have and I lack. Would be nice if a fix was found.

As for this game it runs well but I usually don't have a lot of other programs open.
Though it does seem to have weird graphic effects and a little bit of stutter when I play for long periods... At least they go away quickly and don't come back for some time.
Last edited by MimicMachine; 5 Oct, 2021 @ 1:23pm
SenMithrarin85 5 Oct, 2021 @ 1:55pm 
Originally posted by .:
Originally posted by Vayne:
It stutters as much as Kena. The latter was reported to be stuttery because of the game. This seems to behave similarly. Note that I have no latency issues on my PC. I tried with and without OC and still stutters (GPU and CPU). It is a streaming related stutter only it seems, again, similar to Kena. Both running Unreal engine. Devs can fix this if they look into it with more effort. Hope it gets fixed soon, as it is the only thing bothering me right now.
Yep, Kena has the same stuttering issue for me as well. People always aim for "it's your fault", but it's not. I have no issues with any games outside of Unreal Engine games, a good deal of which have this same exact stuttering issue.

UE engine and Unity both require high levels of optimisation when it comes to streaming assets. If you know what you are doing, the issue can be almost completely negated. We have games like gears 5 after all. If you don't know what you're doing, you'll end up with complete stutter fests like Jedi Fallen Order...
EsQueue 6 Oct, 2021 @ 2:58am 
i7-8770k O.C'd to 4.9Ghz, 32GB or 3200Mhz ram, 3080 ti and game installed on an NMVe SSD. I game at 4k 60hz. With DLSS on (only one option in this game) and RT set to high, the game stutters exactly as the op explains. It plays buttery smooth otherwise but I have pretty decent hardware. Everything max.

If anyone plays with the above settings and it doesn't stutter, they are blind or lying. I'm not sure if the issue is UE4, DX or the game but there is absolutely an issue.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 34 comments
Per page: 1530 50