F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch

F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch

View Stats:
is there a block or parry?
I've been playing for a bit now and cant believe there is no block or parry system that isnt tied to an item you have to activate? I keep thinking surely im just missing something here ?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
CeeRiL 4 Oct, 2021 @ 7:50pm 
Originally posted by larrylooseman:
I've been playing for a bit now and cant believe there is no block or parry system that isnt tied to an item you have to activate? I keep thinking surely im just missing something here ?

There are, one is an item & other is an ability, just keep playing.
MimicMachine 5 Oct, 2021 @ 1:14pm 
The ability is possible to miss though as it isn't actually need to win.
The_Late_Shift 6 Oct, 2021 @ 4:15pm 
Omni Dash+ negates the use of like half the stuff you get for defense. You get a ton of I-frames and can pass through objects, keep playing your so overpowered 3rd way through game.
MimicMachine 6 Oct, 2021 @ 8:21pm 
Originally posted by Low Gun:
Omni Dash+ negates the use of like half the stuff you get for defense. You get a ton of I-frames and can pass through objects, keep playing your so overpowered 3rd way through game.
last 4th of the game, at least I considered that ability as endgame.
Sirus_Kishire 6 Oct, 2021 @ 10:39pm 
I encountered a parry item on the right stick menu along with the heal item, found it while looking for the drill in the power station. Uses orange bar and gains blue on successful parry and you can hold the button down till you get hit by something.
there is Parry in the last capsule in the game. you have to find it
The parry system (not the tonfas but the real one) is probably the worst mechanic I ever seen.
<:) 7 Oct, 2021 @ 7:33pm 
Originally posted by Toothbrush Cheapwood:
The parry system (not the tonfas but the real one) is probably the worst mechanic I ever seen.
You're insane. It's so easy to do and lets you chain attack so easily.
Originally posted by <:):
I would be very glad you explain to me. A video would be a must actualy... but I 'll take simple text.
From what I understand I have to go toward the attack with the direction just before to be hit. I tried with all weapons and there's no difference. 90% of the time it won't work. I'm trying on a simple dog, close to him so he kick me. A simple attack. I just don't get it. I the first time I see such a decision in a game wich is more risky than anything.

Please explain :/
<:) 8 Oct, 2021 @ 7:32am 
I would be very glad you explain to me. A video would be a must actualy... but I 'll take simple text.
From what I understand I have to go toward the attack with the direction just before to be hit. I tried with all weapons and there's no difference. 90% of the time it won't work. I'm trying on a simple dog, close to him so he kick me. A simple attack. I just don't get it. I the first time I see such a decision in a game wich is more risky than anything.

Like you said, you just wait till their attack is about to hit you, maybe 10-30 frames before or something (just estimating) then press your movement key/stick towards them. It feels very intuitive to me.

Like you said, you just wait till their attack is about to hit you, maybe 10-30 frames before or something (just estimating) then press your movement key/stick towards them. It feels very intuitive to me.
♥♥♥♥ man ! Glad you re enjoying that.

It's a real nightmare to me and counter intuitive. There are so many useless buttons in the game that I don't understand why it's not on a left trigger or left button for exemple. LB LT and the directionnal pad share the same action wich is dumb in my opinion. This is the first time I see a game with such a design. It's much more safe to simply dodge imo. But it also feels boring at some point.

Right, my opinion is unchanged about it. But now I know I'm not doing it wrong. Just failling it.
lowkey 9 Oct, 2021 @ 2:23am 

It's basically the same as Sekiro, just with a different button. No complaints here, feels good to use but of course you have to know the enemy's move sets to use it effectively, just like in Sekiro. It's also the same as a certain fighting game which shall not be named.
Last edited by lowkey; 9 Oct, 2021 @ 2:24am
Garrett 11 Oct, 2021 @ 1:46am 

I agree.
I don't like the parry design either. You have to press the left analog stick while tilting it towards the enemy and it's extremely inconvenient.

In most game the analog stick buttons usually use to open a radial menu or some other less commonly used actions.

Don't know how it's the "same as Sekiro" as mentioned above. In Sekiro you just have to press LB to parry. No analog stick wobbly pressing...
roddy 18 Dec, 2021 @ 9:16pm 
Originally posted by Garrett:

I agree.
I don't like the parry design either. You have to press the left analog stick while tilting it towards the enemy and it's extremely inconvenient.

In most game the analog stick buttons usually use to open a radial menu or some other less commonly used actions.

Don't know how it's the "same as Sekiro" as mentioned above. In Sekiro you just have to press LB to parry. No analog stick wobbly pressing...

I've discovered the problem. I tried to change control to directional buttons on controller and parry became a hella lot easier. On stick it is a nightmare. This means there's a problem with the sensitivity mechanism of the stick in terms of registering as parry (meaning you cannot parry while in the "walk" animation). After half an hour of using stick vs the mini boss right after the room where you get the parry skill (NOT the R2 item), I got the "toe-to-toe" achievement first try after shifting to directional button... this needs to be fixed as I do not prefer to play with directional button.
Last edited by roddy; 18 Dec, 2021 @ 9:23pm
roddy 18 Dec, 2021 @ 9:31pm 
Originally posted by roddy:
Originally posted by Garrett:

I agree.

I've discovered the problem. I tried to change control to directional buttons on controller and parry became a hella lot easier. On stick it is a nightmare. This means there's a problem with the sensitivity mechanism of the stick in terms of registering as parry (meaning you cannot parry while in the "walk" animation). After half an hour of using stick vs the mini boss right after the room where you get the parry skill (NOT the R2 item), I got the "toe-to-toe" achievement first try after shifting to directional button... this needs to be fixed as I do not prefer to play with directional button.

Quick fixes to this obviously unintended mechanic is to get rid of the "walk" animation (run all the time), to allow for "parry" to trigger in walk or mid walk animation (timing I would imagine would be difficult to balance), or the best solution is to allow for a dedicated parry button.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
Per page: 1530 50