Big Ambitions

Big Ambitions

View Stats:
literally can no longer play
this game keeps bugging when i open it. the screen keeps glitching and. cannot press anything. Ive deleted and reinstalled the game twice. closed and reopened. shutdown my mac and reopned and im getting the same result
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
David Estes Creations  [developer] 15 Aug @ 2:12am 
Hello! For Mac users experiencing this, we have a workaround:

• Right-click on Big Ambitions in Steam and go to "Properties"
  • In the "General" tab, in the "Launch Options" section, type "-windowed"
  • Launch the game and it should launch in windowed mode, and not flicker!
Based on player reports, you should be able to resume fullscreen after launching!
Last edited by David Estes Creations; 15 Aug @ 2:14am
Mr. Tiikx 15 Aug @ 11:12am 
Bonjour, j'ai le meme problème, après avoir essayé votre solution le jeu démarre mais ne s'affiche plus. En enlevant le windowed des propriété de lancement ç'est toujours pareil, juste l'application qui se lance mais plus rien d'afficher ...
David Estes Creations  [developer] 15 Aug @ 12:55pm 
Originally posted by Mr. Tiikx:
Bonjour, j'ai le meme problème, après avoir essayé votre solution le jeu démarre mais ne s'affiche plus. En enlevant le windowed des propriété de lancement ç'est toujours pareil, juste l'application qui se lance mais plus rien d'afficher ...
Hmm. In that case, it sounds like your screen has minimized so small that you can't see it. Can you click on the game heading and force it to expand?
mmontes 17 Aug @ 5:09pm 
I do also have a black screen as soon as I try to create a new game.
David Estes Creations  [developer] 17 Aug @ 7:02pm 
Originally posted by mmontes:
I do also have a black screen as soon as I try to create a new game.
Have you tried using the launch options "-windowed" solution?
Last edited by David Estes Creations; 17 Aug @ 7:03pm
mmontes 17 Aug @ 8:37pm 
yes I also tried that. it does not help. as soon as i get to the character creation connection to my screen is somehow lost
David Estes Creations  [developer] 17 Aug @ 11:50pm 
yes I also tried that. it does not help. as soon as i get to the character creation connection to my screen is somehow lost
If that's the case, have you tried reducing your graphics down to the lowest settings? What are your computer specs? It sounds like your graphics card is struggling a bit, unfortunately.
mmontes 18 Aug @ 12:14am 
I played on high settings since release and it worked fine before 0.5.

12th Gen Intel i9-12900k 3.2GHz
32 GB RAM DDR5
TUF Gaming GeForce RTX3080Ti
Samsung SSD 980 Pro
Knottypine 18 Aug @ 11:43am 
I played on high settings since release and it worked fine before 0.5.

12th Gen Intel i9-12900k 3.2GHz
32 GB RAM DDR5
TUF Gaming GeForce RTX3080Ti
Samsung SSD 980 Pro
Those are literally my exact specs minus the Ti. I haven't had any issue with a black screen, just an FYI. I have only ever played on 0.5.
mmontes 23 Aug @ 3:15am 
I found a workaround for this:
Blackscreen only appears when creating a new character. If I set grafic settings to low and resolution to 1980x1020 Blackscreen does not happen anymore. After character creation (ingame) I can play with 4k resolution and maxed out grafic settings.
I encountered the same issue while playing on my Mac, where once I entered the game, the screen would flash briefly before turning black. I entered the string of text as stated in the announcement and started the game. The game interface was lost and I couldn't see it, but I could hear the sound of game music. Does the current version not support playing on MacBook?
David Estes Creations  [developer] 27 Aug @ 10:34pm 
Originally posted by TouBinnka:
I encountered the same issue while playing on my Mac, where once I entered the game, the screen would flash briefly before turning black. I entered the string of text as stated in the announcement and started the game. The game interface was lost and I couldn't see it, but I could hear the sound of game music. Does the current version not support playing on MacBook?
Hello! The game can run on MacBook, if the computer specs are high enough. But launching in fullscreen mode is a bit too much for some computers, so launching in windowed mode makes it easier for those computers to get past the initial launch.

If you can't see it at all, though, in windowed mode, it sounds like the screen minimized so small you can no longer see it. I'm not as familiar with mac, but if you're able to reset the windowed size of the screen, that should allow it to run!
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50