Operation Tango

Operation Tango

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Clever Plays Studio  [developer] 1 Jun, 2021 @ 11:41am
WORKAROUND: Connecting with Players in China From Outside China - 解决中国内外IP互联的方法
In compliance with Chinese laws and regulations, players in Mainland China cannot connect to players on other regional servers.
We had to implement this in our server structure.
However, if you are in China and would like to play with someone who is not, or vice versa, Steam offers an easy trick to get around this.

In your Steam library, right-click on the game (either Operation: Tango, or Operation: Tango - demo)
This will open a pop-up menu
Click PROPERTIES
In the GENERAL tab, find LAUNCH OPTIONS
Input either one of these commands:
-forceChinaMode
or
-forceInternationalMode
The hyphen (-) is part of the command, it has to be typed in

The first command forces your game to behave as if it was in China. It will therefore connect to the Chinese servers so that you can play with a friend in China.
The second command does the opposite so that you can play with your friend outside of China.

Of course, the idea is that both players are considered in China, or both considered outside of China.

根据当地法律法规,中国大陆IP无法与其他地区玩家联网游玩。但是通过STEAM平台,我们可以通过如下方法解决联机问题:
-在steam库中右键点击《代号:探戈(Operation:Tango)》或好友通行证版本
-选择属性(PROPERTIES)—— 通用(GENERAL)——启动选项(LAUNCH OPTIONS)
-如果你的朋友是中国IP,你是海外IP,你可以在启动选项中输入 -forceChinaMode
如果你的朋友是海外IP,你是中国IP,你可以在启动选项中输入 -forceInternationalMode
(“-”符号必须输入,不可省略)

如有其它问题,欢迎给我们留言。
Last edited by Clever Plays Studio; 1 Jun, 2021 @ 8:24pm
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Chloe 9 Jun, 2021 @ 8:07am 
how do I connect PS5 version with steam?
Clever Plays  [developer] 11 Jun, 2021 @ 8:19am 
Hi kangchloe8
Playing a game across platforms works the same way as playing a game on the same platform. One player creates a game, and the other player joins it using the 7-digit code.

If the two players are not in the same region, the Steam player should apply one of the two instructions shown in this post so that both players are considered in China, or both considered outside of China.

For example, if the PS5 player is in China and the Steam player is outside of China, the Steam player can enter -forceChinaMode in Steam so that both can access the China servers to play together
Milky Pineapple 11 Jun, 2021 @ 11:55pm 
i tried this, it works at first but my friend who is using -forceChinaMode got kicked after 5 mins, error shows as due to china mainland law, cannot connect to other regional IP. could you pls fix it, all my friends are outside mainland China, without this function working , ill not be able to play this game.
CatOnFace 31 Dec, 2021 @ 6:48am 
Yaah, this does not work.
You can see each other, and you can enter the codes, and the codes are good.
Meaning that the outside-of-china code is the correct code for outside of china, or the opposite where the inside-of-china code is good,..... but....
China is in China, and the Server is not.
So if both player's machines believe they are in or out of china, the server is still OUTside of china, and one of them or both of them need to cross that line.
My PS4 is Canada bought, and so it connects to the US store, and is region coded to Region 1 (Americas).
My Computer and Steam account is in China (where I live).
So Computer and PS4 are both in china, but PS4 believes it is in the west.
Changing my Steam account to international, means both machines are going outside of china to connect to a server outside of china, and that means crossing the Internet DMZ.
We tried roughly 9 times.
We got as far as selecting our characters and half the opening movie, before getting kicked.
That was the furthest we got.
Most times we got as far as selecting characters, and then kicked.
This REALLY REALLY need local Co-op.
People can play battleship style where they are facing each other.
朦胧 7 Apr, 2023 @ 9:04pm 
我和我朋友都是中国大陆IP,为啥不能一起玩
𓅃 スノ 𓅃 10 Apr, 2023 @ 8:34am 
Chinese player cannot play with others world country ?
VPN is bannable offence for vavle
Last edited by 𓅃 スノ 𓅃; 10 Apr, 2023 @ 8:35am
fatal error communication with steam failed
songjiah 11 Jun @ 8:28am 
Originally posted by 朦胧:
我和我朋友都是中国大陆IP,为啥不能一起玩
解决了吗
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50