Thymesia

Thymesia

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
G_Medlin  [developer] 16 Feb, 2022 @ 7:42am
Welcome to Thymesia!
Hey everyone and welcome to the Thymesia Steam forum!

This is your place to discuss all things Thymesia, talk lore and combat, ask the Dev Team and other community members questions, and everything in-between!

It's great to have you here, and we look forward to chatting with you.

Community updates and news!

We’ll be posting regular community updates over in the News section, as well as stickied posts here on the forum to keep all who stand against the plague and its monstrosities well-informed.

Join the wider Thymesia community

Thymesia Twitter
Thymesia Facebook[www.facebook.com]
Team17 Discord[discord.gg]

The time has come to step out from the darkness...
Last edited by G_Medlin; 16 Feb, 2022 @ 7:43am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 30 comments
Daigoji Gai 2 May, 2022 @ 9:54am 
My body is ready! LET'S GOOOOO!
I will define my own truth!
Einar 3 May, 2022 @ 8:47am 
This game make me nice feels than elden ring with the first boss.. Thx for this <3
Wall Crawler 3 May, 2022 @ 12:18pm 
I waited a long time for this game, and now I look forward to it too

Small review from me, if of course the opinion of an ordinary player is important to you :)

Locations - They are empty, you just run through the small intestine and almost nowhere to unfold from the way to see something interesting, and you just go to finally run into someone or something. Yes, the setting is about gloomy times, but everything is shrouded in fog and nothing to see, and not particularly interesting, because everything is in the same color, there is no variety, and some movement in the atmosphere of the game, of course I understand that here we have a post-apocalypse in essence, but this does not justify all this

Fight Corvus - The character is clumsy, after one turn just freezes for a few milliseconds and during the battle you need to quickly get away from attacks that are very fast, but no, the enemy starts an attack, you make a turn and before the character finishes animation to make another turn, the enemy just manages to demolish half of the health. Corvus's hitbox is very incomprehensible. Either enemy put it from a very long distance, then he don't get it. I do not know the game is provided in the future to develop this or not, but Corvus has only 3 attacks, which is somewhat unpleasant, because the battle of the game is dynamic, and you only have 3 impact animations. I think we need more attacks and more dynamics. Parrying does not give any advantage against the enemy.
Almost no action can be interrupted during the battle to dodge enemy attacks.

Battle of Enemies - Enemies are just walking and dangerous stones. You cannot interrupt their attacks in any way, only a special attack can sometimes interrupt some actions. The use of enemy weapons on him is a little meaningless, because it does not give you anything, it does not interrupt the strong attacks of the enemy and does not remove a large amount of health from the enemy. But of course I understand that this is the beginning of the game and in the future it can be improved.
Can you add parry animation for the enemy? you attack the enemy and suddenly, sparks fly, the enemy steps away and hits you with all the force, and you do not understand what happened here. And it turns out that your attack was countered by the enemy, so all this happened

Technical problems - the endurance scale did not work, or did not work correctly

And now about my emotions - Corvus is absolutely magnificent. He is mysterious and a little scary. Rather like a villain.I think if he was in another game, then they definitely made him the main boss of the game.I like his mask and long nose.If in the future it will be possible to change his clothes a little, then this will generally be a plus for the game.The mechanics of the battle and the fact that you can use the enemy's weapons look very fresh and it will be interesting to experiment with different enemies.The fight is very dynamic - the combination of punches, quick fences and turnovers is cool
Just like I said, you need more animation and variety in this regard

Thank you for reading, I wish you good luck to your project, I am very interested in the world of the game and the story that you prepared for the world :)
ToxicEVO 7 May, 2022 @ 10:15am 
my experience with the game
downloaded the game...I got folded and got my ass beat hard, I died to the spear guy alone 20+ times lol.
I still think the game mechanics and combat are fun, even though it's kinda janky.
the claw special where you steal an enemy's weapon and conjure it and feather reversal thing are neat, I think they add a nice layer to the combat
the aesthetics and theme of the game are cool, although the area/environment feels empty (kinda expected since it's just a demo).
the game still needs some heavy tuning of course but it's still promising and I'm excited to play it when it fully releases.:steamthumbsup:
also, Varg is loud as hell he needs his own volume slider.
Eliezer 15 Jun, 2022 @ 9:43am 
full controller support SIGN ME IN
some alternate skins would be nice
Prashanth 18 Aug, 2022 @ 9:49am 
Fix regional pricing.
Hallo 18 Aug, 2022 @ 9:59am 
Hi. Any info for "Fatal Error" fix?
borokoshow 18 Aug, 2022 @ 10:15am 
Guys please add brazillian portuguese subtitles
dentorium 18 Aug, 2022 @ 10:21am 
Price too much in Turkey. Please fix regional pricing.
Sundowning. 18 Aug, 2022 @ 11:22am 
Originally posted by Prashanth:
Fix regional pricing.
Emre 18 Aug, 2022 @ 12:10pm 
Price is too much for 7-9 hours length game in Turkey, please fix regional pricing, game is great itself but price is not...
Sorkin 18 Aug, 2022 @ 11:51pm 
Fix regional pricing.

Steam Discussions is a nightmare because of entitled people like you.
Raxyz 19 Aug, 2022 @ 6:38am 
Where can I submit a bug report? The Swith Plague Weapon binding doesn't work on keyboard controls.
Dekardi 19 Aug, 2022 @ 7:32am 
Fix regional pricing.

Originally posted by dentorium:
or wait for a sale instead of complaining if you cant afford it?

also there is nothing to fix about it it already is regionaly priced
Last edited by Dekardi; 19 Aug, 2022 @ 7:46am
Emre 19 Aug, 2022 @ 7:49am 
Originally posted by Dekardi:
Fix regional pricing.

Originally posted by dentorium:
or wait for a sale instead of complaining if you cant afford it?

also not a good idea to do regional pricing since people abuse it in multiple ways
I can afford it, and already bought, (it's pretty good so far) but my problem is, it's just 7 hours to beat and 180 TL is just to much for it (in our currency and I know this is not the developers fault, but it's neither our). And i know there is a lots of people who abusing regional prices (that's why Dead Cells updated it's price for Turkey and Argentina) but is it our fault? I'm not blaming devs, they are not responsible for this too, but because of the peoples who abuses prices, we pay games for more than it should be. But also i can't blame devs for this price, since our currency sucks, and since they make games for money, they're not doing anything wrong these prices are not their fault... They already do %55 discount for us but, still expensive af. It's almost impossible to buy AAA games in Turkey nowadays. Anyways I hope you understand me sir/ma'am. Have a wonderful day!
Last edited by Emre; 19 Aug, 2022 @ 7:52am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 30 comments
Per page: 1530 50