Thymesia

Thymesia

View Stats:
Feather Mechanic is Weird?
Is it just me or the feather mechanic is not working?
I throw the feather when the enemy turns green but it doesn't stop the attack? Am I missing something?
Originally posted by G_Medlin:
Originally posted by Weekend Warrior:
I throw the feather when the enemy turns green but it doesn't stop the attack? Am I missing something?
The greenlight is not an indicator to throw the feather; it's not a quick time event. It's a nudge to get out of the way. We wanted the player to determine for themselves when to use the feather.

We could have explained this more clearly
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
Zormau 7 May, 2022 @ 12:40pm 
You're probably too early. I've found that the attack must already be in the "release" phase rather than the windup to be feather-countered. Which I too found counterintuitive, but I guess it's one of the more acceptable learning curve issues I have with the game. The unforgiving dash and deflect timings (and the binary nature of the latter) are another story.
Last edited by Zormau; 7 May, 2022 @ 12:41pm
Riker 7 May, 2022 @ 2:06pm 
Its like the gun in Bloodborne. Its more of a parry than the deflect skill you get first, just limited
Miles Hikari 7 May, 2022 @ 8:59pm 
Nah it's not just you. I couldn't get it. I tried shooting as soon as I saw the green line, as the attack was happening etc. Just wasn't giving
Nikola987 8 May, 2022 @ 9:54am 
ffs this feather mechanic is really weird, enemy turn grean i fire moment he start attack nothing happend, he turn green i fire when he get ready to attack nothing happend.
Master 8 May, 2022 @ 11:47am 
Dont use the feather attack as soon as you see the green light. Time it such that when you use it, enemy weapon is about to land on you. My reaction time isnt fast, so i time it somewhere in the middle of enemy attack animation
OniGrin 8 May, 2022 @ 1:10pm 
A lot of the dodging and attack timing mechanics are real janky and inconsistent. Plus, you can be interrupted during your wind ups and knocked around while enemies, even ones with daggers, can just eat it and keep coming. Consistency is a must in a combat experience like this; that's why dark souls is so successful.
Thor 8 May, 2022 @ 6:17pm 
I found that the feather worked every time if I dashed backwards from him when he started glowing, then used it while he was mid-charge. The window is much longer/more clear than when you're right up in his face during it.
Last edited by Thor; 8 May, 2022 @ 6:17pm
Kaylexandria 8 May, 2022 @ 6:32pm 
Yeah I was struggling with this too and thought it was not working but: its a "parry" you have to "time it". The pop up that explains it should say "use it like a parry" to be more clear.
It's a parry mechanic for only the green attacks and should treat it as such so when green pops you wait for the guy to just about hit you and then toss. It's just a pistol from bloodborne with extra steps
The author of this thread has indicated that this post answers the original topic.
G_Medlin  [developer] 9 May, 2022 @ 1:04am 
The greenlight is not an indicator to throw the feather; it's not a quick time event. It's a nudge to get out of the way. We wanted the player to determine for themselves when to use the feather.

Weekend Warrior 15 May, 2022 @ 5:25am 
Originally posted by Greg_Team17:

Yeah, I think you could have explained this clearly, I thought the green light was the indicator.

So from what I gather from the thread the feather is supposed to be a timed, legit parry,

I think having a green light just confused me. If its a strict parry I think having no green indicator would actually be better.
Tim 18 Mar, 2023 @ 8:43pm 
How has this not been addressed yet? I'm here a year later and it still wasn't clear to me from the tutorial area. Not only that, the enemy very rarely uses the attack it's tutorializing. Ridiculous. I wanna get this mechanic down in isolation before moving on. You know, like a tutorial!
Last edited by Tim; 18 Mar, 2023 @ 8:43pm
ProximateTen 31 Mar, 2023 @ 2:05am 
Originally posted by Tim:
How has this not been addressed yet? I'm here a year later and it still wasn't clear to me from the tutorial area. Not only that, the enemy very rarely uses the attack it's tutorializing. Ridiculous. I wanna get this mechanic down in isolation before moving on. You know, like a tutorial!

I don't find using this mechanic hard, but the issue is the time the enemy is stunned for is way too short and they end up being too far away with no way for you to close the distance quickly.
Bankai9212 2 Apr, 2023 @ 5:24am 
Originally posted by ProximateTen:
Originally posted by Tim:

I don't find using this mechanic hard, but the issue is the time the enemy is stunned for is way too short and they end up being too far away with no way for you to close the distance quickly.
There is a skill for that, thing is feathers aren’t the only way to deal with those attacks.
SeeNoWeevil 5 Apr, 2023 @ 11:27am 
The key thing people are missing here is that the timing is different for each attack and you'll just need to experiment to get it right. It's very easy to do it too early.
Last edited by SeeNoWeevil; 5 Apr, 2023 @ 11:28am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
Per page: 1530 50