Thymesia

Thymesia

View Stats:
Skill issue?
Odur is a ♥♥♥♥ boss fight. The 3 and 5 combo of your left click don't connect properly so he can start his kicks while you are stuck in a combo because one of your attacks didn't connect. Same with the 3 attack of claw, they will stagger him but then don't all connect because it knocks him back a ♥♥♥♥ ton but doesn't move you forward enough.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Also the dumb attack that you can't parry or doge. If you are in a combo, which you literally can't stop. You ARE gonna get hit by it. Makes you want to just parry every attack. Get 1 hit in, repeat. Just a ♥♥♥♥ design
Im super late you probably beat him already! But personally I take advantage of the second long dodge from the skill tree. I dodge twice left and then backwards. There’s also the quick recover skill which is useful whenever you get caught up in his combos.

Also, whenever you’re having trouble partying or dodging his attacks… use the Miasma he gives you when you reave his weapon! The window of time it gives for you to punish him and then dash away quickly is so precious!
Anvenjade 19 May @ 12:31am 
I enjoyed fighting Odur, smelly name aside. It's fun just dancing between parries and punishes. I did change up a few talents to fit the fight more. The short range claw didn't do it, so the long range dash claw came back and did the job.
Skill issue just got the game today and hes not that hard. Parrying just makes him die faster. Just learn the timing and stop whining. He killed me about 20 times too. Just practice the boss fight. It's a boss. Who cares if you die. Just practice until you understand it. Leave your souls on the ground and figure him out.
Ah i see Odur is still giving newbs a hard time.

Back when the game released there were quite a few people getting filtered by him.
He is the only boss that i can clearly remember from this game.

Originally i beat him in 50-60 tries (because i'm stubborn and i was tired AF), this time around i beat him in 10-20 tries.

Use the fast dodge skill to evade the three hit combo which hard staggers you on the first and third hit (first is i believe a stab, then slash and then kick), otherwise your health get's annihilated.

Originally posted by BuffaloBroGames:
If you are in a combo, which you literally can't stop. You ARE gonna get hit by it. Makes you want to just parry every attack. Get 1 hit in, repeat. Just a ♥♥♥♥ design
And Souls gameplay 101 is: Never attack an enemy that is idle, especially not when the obvious red flash occurs. When this happens drop everything and run away, it only has so much range.
It's the utmost important thing to attack only into recovering enemies, NEVER attack idle ones, especially bosses.
If you attack even into recovering enemies, plan according to your attack pattern, plan to make less attacks so you got more time repositioning yourself.
That's any souls-like easy mode: Learning attack patterns and not getting greedy with your attacks.
Pulowski 15 Jun @ 7:41am 
Originally posted by The Undead Watcher:
Ah i see Odur is still giving newbs a hard time.

Back when the game released there were quite a few people getting filtered by him.
He is the only boss that i can clearly remember from this game.

Originally i beat him in 50-60 tries (because i'm stubborn and i was tired AF), this time around i beat him in 10-20 tries.

Use the fast dodge skill to evade the three hit combo which hard staggers you on the first and third hit (first is i believe a stab, then slash and then kick), otherwise your health get's annihilated.

If you are in a combo, which you literally can't stop. You ARE gonna get hit by it. Makes you want to just parry every attack. Get 1 hit in, repeat. Just a ♥♥♥♥ design
And Souls gameplay 101 is: Never attack an enemy that is idle, especially not when the obvious red flash occurs. When this happens drop everything and run away, it only has so much range.
It's the utmost important thing to attack only into recovering enemies, NEVER attack idle ones, especially bosses.
If you attack even into recovering enemies, plan according to your attack pattern, plan to make less attacks so you got more time repositioning yourself.
That's any souls-like easy mode: Learning attack patterns and not getting greedy with your attacks.
CHUH! low damage non-tank take! i go for the kill all the time, worth the punishment :steambored:
Engels78 23 Jun @ 11:52am 
I used this upgraded Reckless Deflect Lvl 2 and Claws, as someone mentioned in YT guides, and I've beaten this Boss 3rd try. And just stayed very close!
Odur is a ♥♥♥♥ boss fight. The 3 and 5 combo of your left click don't connect properly so he can start his kicks while you are stuck in a combo because one of your attacks didn't connect. Same with the 3 attack of claw, they will stagger him but then don't all connect because it knocks him back a ♥♥♥♥ ton but doesn't move you forward enough.
if odur is the first boss right? he is nothing compaired to the 2nd boss. also just perry his attacks i think all attacks can be parried even the range. now the 2nd boss is a different beast not counting he can heal whenever and that makes it so much harder
Engels78 26 Jul @ 6:23am 
Originally posted by get in my belly:
if odur is the first boss right? he is nothing compaired to the 2nd boss. also just perry his attacks i think all attacks can be parried even the range. now the 2nd boss is a different beast not counting he can heal whenever and that makes it so much harder
Yeah, it took me longer time and more tries to kill this Bat! But after first kill, when I got this Boss weapon, second kill I made like 4th try, and then third kill, as I wanted to max upgrade this Blood (healing weapon/skill!), I made first try, and 4th the same and If I remember well, I made 5th kill too, also first try!

The hardest however was Infected Odour, despite only one health bar! But! After first kill, same situation as with Bat Boss, next kill like 3rd try, and next just first attempts!
Last edited by Engels78; 26 Jul @ 6:24am
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50