Fallen Hero: Retribution

Fallen Hero: Retribution

View Stats:
VAL 10 Feb, 2023 @ 12:05am
That Ending...
I did NOT expect that that ending. I have been playing the beta/alpha for several years now and holy hell this exceeded my expectations. How we feeling about those epilogues? I only played thru once so I don't know how different the endings are but I don't mind spoilers
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Sunricer 10 Feb, 2023 @ 9:03am 
I'm depressed after the book ended, knowing I'm halfway and have to wait years for the next one. It was that fun to read. I like the escalation of stakes and the setup for the next book with the body hopping incident and implications that you've lost control of one of the bodies.
Ultimate Sheep 10 Feb, 2023 @ 9:02pm 
Originally posted by Sunricer:
I'm depressed after the book ended, knowing I'm halfway and have to wait years for the next one. It was that fun to read. I like the escalation of stakes and the setup for the next book with the body hopping incident and implications that you've lost control of one of the bodies.

Ditto that. I kinda regret playing the game ngl. OH THE ANXIETY! LMAO
Also, dear author, if you are reading this, please, i beg of you, let me kill, or at least, get back at angie in the next book, her part in my last chapter made me so angry oml (but its still good) lol . Im not the bigger person LOL :lifehope:
VAL 11 Feb, 2023 @ 11:55am 

So I reloaded checkpoint 5 to go through as many endings as I could with my stats (there are so many Malin you absolute god) and ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. I just found an ending where if you reveal that you are puppetmaster to Ortega and somehow don't have her rescue you from the hospital, Dr Mortum saves you anyway. Now I played the route where I body hop right as the car crashes and use my puppet to convince Mortum to save my real body. But in the other route I still get saved by Dr Mortum because my puppet ran to them in a panic??? Whoever has control of the puppet is not special directive. I don't know if it's another telepath or the thing that sidestep brought back with them when special directive were opening the gates. The implications are implicating my thoughts are consumed :aknife: :aknife: :aknife:
VAL 11 Feb, 2023 @ 11:59am 
Originally posted by Sebastian my beloved:

Also, dear author, if you are reading this, please, i beg of you, let me kill, or at least, get back at angie in the next book, her part in my last chapter made me so angry oml (but its still good) lol . Im not the bigger person LOL :lifehope:

Oh I need to restart to get my stats in the right range for an argent ending I had minimal interaction from her what happened in yours?
Ultimate Sheep 11 Feb, 2023 @ 3:19pm 
Originally posted by VAL:

Oh I need to restart to get my stats in the right range for an argent ending I had minimal interaction from her what happened in yours?

she tortured me in the bed and left a scar on my face with her claws, i tried to keep my interactions with her minimal bc in my story i was kinda afraid of her damaging my armor, so the points of interaction i had with her that can explain this behavior is: entering her mind (that made her think im a cheater in the stats), making her fall into the river after entering her mind again lol, and closing the elevator on her face (bc i though she was gonna fight me bc of Herald if i let her in). I choose entering her mind as opposed to fighting her bc i though it was going to be the less damaging option, but i guess that made her real pissed :lifehope:
Sunricer 11 Feb, 2023 @ 9:03pm 
I don't know why, but out of the options I had for endings, the most satisfying one is to, as the puppet, threaten steel in the elevator to shoot myself with the gun if he doesn't back off and just listen to me rant about superheroes being puppets for the rich people in power and never really helping the civilians like me (oh the irony) , this does end in being imprisoned at the end but just for that rant and making Steel rethink his entire career, I am most likely gonna stick with that one for when book 3 is released.

Doing a "perfect run" comes after the entire series is over, I seemingly missed a lot of info about a lot of stuff, this game has way too much variation to keep track of.
Leafcathead™ 13 Feb, 2023 @ 2:12am 
After I finished my first run I picked the game apart and then redid it with a "perfect run." But even when I finished that it turns out I didn't see everything! The amount of content in this game is incredible and there's so many variables being tracked it's kind of insane.

I also haven't been so upset since finishing a game in a longtime. Waiting a few years for a video game is bad enough, but this is waiting for a novel! That normally takes longer :zagcry:

I subscribed to the Patreon. If my donation allows the game to release even just one week earlier then it will be money well spent.

I think the ending I will choose for book 3 is this:

Puppet goes to meet with Hollowed Ground and I wake up as the puppet and Mortum breaks him out. I don't tell Mortum to pick up Sidestep, and I also haven't told Mortum the secret yet. The Special Directive is still clueless to my existence, except that they know my villain is a telepath. There's a few other flags I made sure to trigger but I will keep those hidden because they're interesting to discover on your own.
Docangle 13 Feb, 2023 @ 9:38am 
Sadly COG is getting mad at author's who have closed alpha demo's on their Patreons so Malin can't do that anymore but they can still show non playable sneak peeks
Erzebet Bathory 18 Apr, 2023 @ 3:11pm 
Originally posted by VAL:

she tortured me in the bed and left a scar on my face with her claws, i tried to keep my interactions with her minimal bc in my story i was kinda afraid of her damaging my armor, so the points of interaction i had with her that can explain this behavior is: entering her mind (that made her think im a cheater in the stats), making her fall into the river after entering her mind again lol, and closing the elevator on her face (bc i though she was gonna fight me bc of Herald if i let her in). I choose entering her mind as opposed to fighting her bc i though it was going to be the less damaging option, but i guess that made her real pissed :lifehope:

Woah. Yeah, that would make her pissed. As for mine and the armor worry, we actually had some mutual "I'm not fully human" bonding while following the Argent romance route, which makes a lot about her make sense. She even broke me out of the hospital on her own. Argent has this really shocking sweet side that you don't get to see without that route, and having her backstory really helps get her.
Kalech 17 Feb @ 3:02am 
I know this question was asked literally a year ago but that was how long it took for me to recover from the ending I got
VAL 26 Feb @ 1:34pm 
Originally posted by Kalech:
I know this question was asked literally a year ago but that was how long it took for me to recover from the ending I got

That is so unbelievably real
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50