Warhammer 40,000: Darktide

Warhammer 40,000: Darktide

View Stats:
Audio Issues
Anyone else experiencing issues with the sound when playing psyker? Recently when I play psyker the game audio completely cuts out and the game lags to high hell. I've not had this happen before and it does not happen on any other class than psyker for me.

If anyone has the same issue or got any suggestion on how to fix this, please share your thoughts.
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Not played psyker recently, but definitely getting some bad audio on my Ogryn over the last few days.
Audio either not playing, or very choppy/ distorted... very weird. I know some audio (radio stuff mostly) has some "interference" as part of it, but I'm getting a similar but much worse type of static on some audio that isn't supposed to have it. Inter-character voice lines have been noticeably affected, and even some of the in-game sound cues.

It's new and intermittent, but a lot more common than not recently.
Just ran into this issue myself on my Psyker which i rarely play.

Audio randomly cut out for a few seconds. Happened a couple of times on the Hourglass mission.

I have never run into this issue before.

The sound was just fine outside the game.
Last edited by Pekmez Pita; 11 Jun @ 10:30pm
i'm also having this issue, maybe it's related to a windows update ?
Auzi 14 Jul @ 11:10pm 
This is a known issue and it's been happening for months now. Fatshark doesn't seem to have a solution yet, last I checked the theory had something to do with how the GPU communicates with your storage (ssd) and RAM, more common on windows 11 due to direct storage implementation apparently. This could very well be a Microsoft issue.
Others have mentioned it happens on win10 too, but every time I ask they are unable to provide me with enough information to even bother figuring out a solution.

if you have a moment, upload your DxDiag.exe report. Specifically your full PC hardware specifications and parts (manufacturer too), as well as your OS, sound card, bios version. Also include how you are listening to the game, (which port are your headphones plugged into, is it BT or wired, are u using a DAC, and what is your audio sampling rate)

probably wont help at all but who knows, maybe ill find something that would help.
Last edited by Auzi; 14 Jul @ 11:11pm
BÆRD 15 Jul @ 2:15am 
Try lowering the peril audio in the options? What sound card do you have?
PilzEtosis 15 Jul @ 11:08am 
I've started having this issue just recently - not on any specific class but tends to happen during my first match since booting the game up. On one occasion once the sound cut, the game CTD entirely.

I'm wondering if it's a compiling issue. I don't think I've ever had it on a match that wasn't my first.
I also encountered this problem when playing as a psyker, I found the problem was that for some reason the game client stopped switching audio devices normally. Therefore, the solution was this: you go into the game, in the settings you indicate the sound playback device on which you will play, you restart the game, after that the sound did not disappear. If you just launch it, sometimes the audio settings are reset, the game client rebuilds them, but after that during missions the sound may suddenly disappear, then appear, then disappear again...
JayJay72 18 Jul @ 7:55pm 
I had a lot of intermittent audio problems when I first started playing Darktide I. I discovered that one of the primary triggers seemed to be when I had switched my computer's default audio output after the game had launched. For example, I would sometimes start the game with sound going to my speakers (by way of my DisplayPort monitor). Then if I switched the default sound output to my headphones, this seemed to lead to intermittent audio cutouts.
Hope that helps.
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 4 Jun @ 12:59pm