Warhammer 40,000: Darktide

Warhammer 40,000: Darktide

View Stats:
Solo With Bots When?
In a post from November 2022 Fat Shark said:

We’ve been working on an option to play exclusively in Solo Mode, where you will be hosting locally your own instance with bots. Because you will be hosting the AI and other game systems locally, this will increase performance cost. However, we continue to monitor and improve the performance where we can. Solo play is in its final stages of testing as we fix the last issues that remain. We aim to release this at Launch. If not, a patch shortly after that in December.

It's now the end of july in 2024, I'm typically a solo player and enjoyed the loop in Vermintide 2 with bots. Anyone know what the deal is? Main reason I bought the game
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
Agree 100% add this ASAP please.
They lied ehm i mean shifted their priorities. I bought this game as well, though not only because of the promised solo mode, but in the good belief according to this post, that they'll add it. In another post they stated that it is no longer a main priority so we can only wait and see.
Starker 25 Jul @ 8:13pm 
This can already happen if matchmaking conditions are poor. Select Quickmatch, then yank your Ethernet while queuing. I have no idea if it will work.
Last edited by Starker; 25 Jul @ 8:13pm
9Days 25 Jul @ 8:22pm 
Originally posted by Tori-Jima:
They lied ehm i mean shifted their priorities. I bought this game as well, though not only because of the promised solo mode, but in the good belief according to this post, that they'll add it. In another post they stated that it is no longer a main priority so we can only wait and see.

I wonder what the current priority is at the moment, the changes since launch have been great for the most part but this seems like an obvious addition and easy win
9Days 25 Jul @ 8:23pm 
Originally posted by Starker:
This can already happen if matchmaking conditions are poor. Select Quickmatch, then yank your Ethernet while queuing. I have no idea if it will work.
Lol I'll give that a go
Auzi 25 Jul @ 8:27pm 
I mean I've been playing solo /w bots for like a year now. Sure it would be nice if it was officially supported but honestly now I don't really care.
If you use the "Many More Try" mod you can start games that have expired on the mission board (up to 24 hours after they expire) and still get resources with a very very low chance people will join. Especially on Auric/maelstrom. You just need the mission ID which you can get online/discord servers or favorite the mission in-game and wait for it to expire on the mission board.

The mod is also great for saving those fun maelstrom modifiers and inviting friends.
Last edited by Auzi; 25 Jul @ 8:32pm
They would need to implement an offline mode for solo but the concurrent player count is in such a dire situation that a solo mode at this point would only harm the game. Darktide just wasn't the success they thought it would be back in 2022, plans change and FS need to adapt top that.
Sea Base 26 Jul @ 2:43am 
Originally posted by Machine Spirit:
They would need to implement an offline mode for solo but the concurrent player count is in such a dire situation that a solo mode at this point would only harm the game. Darktide just wasn't the success they thought it would be back in 2022, plans change and FS need to adapt top that.
Whey would they need to implement an offline mode? There's no technical reasons for it.

If anything, it would likely help player numbers as it would bring players back.
Originally posted by Starker:
dont have to yank anything, game is kinda dead
Originally posted by Sea Base:
Originally posted by Machine Spirit:
Whey would they need to implement an offline mode? There's no technical reasons for it.

If anything, it would likely help player numbers as it would bring players back.

So solo players dont take up server space. It is a common thing with games that have dedicated servers, Back 4 Blood and WWZ for example, have offline modes for solo players.
Onky 26 Jul @ 5:48am 
just start a private match with bots whats the problem??
Auzi 26 Jul @ 5:53am 
Originally posted by Onky:
just start a private match with bots whats the problem??
You either need a friend to even start a private match or use the solo mod(s) but that removes all account progression. This is why the MMT mod is recommended.
Onky 26 Jul @ 5:59am 
ah, i didnt know you have to be in a party for that.
I think there is a secret trigger on Fatshark's forums that fires every time this feature is asked again. Only if this trigger is not triggered for 100 days in a row will Fatshark release an update for it. Certainly!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 25 Jul @ 2:26am