Warhammer 40,000: Darktide

Warhammer 40,000: Darktide

View Stats:
Public opinion question
I wish I had some way to put in a poll, but a simple question and discussion will suffice. So envision this scenario; Team is fighting in a difficult mission and things have gone pear shaped. Two or three of the team have gone down, those left alive are being swamped. They could pull this out of defeat, but it's unlikely. One of the downed/dead team members then leaves the game and is replaced by a bot.

Do you think the person who left had the mindset of "Well this is a lost cause, I'm out" or "If I tag-team the bot in, maybe this can turn around."?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
Vandal Savant 13 Jul @ 12:53pm 
The former, every time. Loss rewards are so negligible that it doesn't factor. Chad servitors saving the day is a happy accident of that.

I don't hold it against them. They obviously just want to get back to playing the game quicker.
EJR 13 Jul @ 1:55pm 
I was actually told that leaving to get a bot in is a tactical decision in some cases as they usually don't have any debuffs, HP loss, or anything that the player had prior to leaving
If the player reconnects it's the latter (or a connectivity issue), if not, the former.
Originally posted by EJR:
I was actually told that leaving to get a bot in is a tactical decision in some cases as they usually don't have any debuffs, HP loss, or anything that the player had prior to leaving
This is true. However a reconnecting player keeps their health I think, and looses whatever supplies they were carrying.
I already left a mission on edge to a lose and funny thing when i chose the map again i got back to the mission (btw i hate that) and the bot did his duty. But it did not have a happy ending because i needed a rescue and the 3 players did not came to me and then they got overrun...
Grub 13 Jul @ 4:41pm 
They leave because they've already written off the match and it's on to the next one.
Slymoon 13 Jul @ 5:10pm 
people doing that have saved a mission. no doubt.

but I really dislike it. Take your a$$ whoopin and take the death and let the survivors attempt a recover. It can be done. I have rarely done it. and I have had others pull the magic out the dark hole and bring us back. Much more fun imo.
Last edited by Slymoon; 13 Jul @ 5:11pm
box 13 Jul @ 5:52pm 
Originally posted by Deaddropping:
I wish I had some way to put in a poll, but a simple question and discussion will suffice. So envision this scenario; Team is fighting in a difficult mission and things have gone pear shaped. Two or three of the team have gone down, those left alive are being swamped. They could pull this out of defeat, but it's unlikely. One of the downed/dead team members then leaves the game and is replaced by a bot.

Do you think the person who left had the mindset of "Well this is a lost cause, I'm out" or "If I tag-team the bot in, maybe this can turn around."?

Leaving spawns a bot (or at least thats my understanding of it) which means you can give the team a last chance by leaving.
Searu 13 Jul @ 6:06pm 
If the team is getting swarmed and is in clear need of a helping hand (one being downed while the other is trying to clutch it) then leave and let a bot help out and chances are a new full health teammate will replace the bot.
Originally posted by box:
Originally posted by Deaddropping:

Leaving spawns a bot (or at least thats my understanding of it) which means you can give the team a last chance by leaving.

Box is correct, even if you are dead when you leave the bot is up and active. I have also had one game where it glitched out because of when i joined. The whole team was dead, I was placed at the very start of the map, and had to take an entire horde and half health boss by myself. I won that fight, got to the team, and we continued on but we failed later.
auric only and I leave way before then

First time the team tries to push forward without proper clearing of where they're at I'm out or thinks that title farming is the lifeblood of gameplay, I'm out.

Not wasting my time.
Both. They leave because it may be over not to mention it could help them survive/I died first so I should go. It could be anything.
It ain`t over till it`s over.
Anything else is a loser mindset.
I never though what they were thinking, but that one bot saved game many times.
Hans 14 Jul @ 12:03am 
9/10 times its "Well this is a lost cause, I'm out"
< >
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 13 Jul @ 12:40pm