Warhammer 40,000: Darktide

Warhammer 40,000: Darktide

View Stats:
What happening with game?
What happened to the game? The last few days, endless crashes/crashes/bug reports, fps drops that never happened before. The developers messed up the game and it became impossible to play. I checked for viruses, added the game to the antivirus exclusion, cleaned the cache, checked the integrity, even downloaded the game again. Nothing helped.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
GUID: e53b4cea-bc26-469b-b19f-c243d34bbd15
Log File:
Info Type:
-----------------------------------------------

[Crash Link]:
crashify://e53b4cea-bc26-469b-b19f-c243d34bbd15
I was getting crashes all the time. The game would make a terrible buzzing noise and then my system would hard crash.

My CPU was overheating. I put a new cooler on it and verified the temps were stable. Not a single crash since the change.
Barrakuda 14 Jul @ 11:09am 
And again, and again, ♥♥♥♥
GUID: cfb0da47-b850-4187-b7a7-d94c90b265b1
Log File:
Info Type:

[Crash Link]:
crashify://cfb0da47-b850-4187-b7a7-d94c90b265b1
Barrakuda 14 Jul @ 11:09am 
Originally posted by MrButtermancer:
I was getting crashes all the time. The game would make a terrible buzzing noise and then my system would hard crash.

My CPU was overheating. I put a new cooler on it and verified the temps were stable. Not a single crash since the change.
Nope, with CPU all fine
h.paulsen 14 Jul @ 12:50pm 
You could try DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth in command prompt followed by sfc /scannow.

It did help to make my game more stable.
Auzi 14 Jul @ 1:22pm 
are you on 13th or 14th gen intel CPU?

Edit: I'm asking cuz I've had 0 issues with crashing since I changed some bios settings. These cpus are having tonns of issues right out of the box paired with motherboard manufacturers setting essentially "unlimited" power from factory.
I had to undervolt and disable some things (cant recall which right now but I can check if needed)

I'm on an MSI z790 edge wifi motherboard, it was defaulted to 4096 amps or something, and power limit was set at 512 watts iirc. I changed this to intels spec of 253 watts (turbo) and noticed massive improvements and only losing 1000 points in cinebench r23, basically unnoticeable. Paired with the undervolt, I gain an average of -10c in cooling, and crashing is a thing of the past. (for now)

The error I was getting is misleading "out of memory" or some ♥♥♥♥, sometimes it would just crash the entire PC. Turns out this is related to the CPU, not the GPU.

edit2: my cpu is a 13900kf
Last edited by Auzi; 14 Jul @ 10:56pm
Starker 14 Jul @ 1:32pm 
Originally posted by Barrakuda:
What happened to the game? The last few days, endless crashes/crashes/bug reports, fps drops that never happened before. The developers messed up the game and it became impossible to play. I checked for viruses, added the game to the antivirus exclusion, cleaned the cache, checked the integrity, even downloaded the game again. Nothing helped.

Report this through the official channels. Devs do not look here.
only soft crashes? maybe try rolling back your GPU drivers?
Padds 14 Jul @ 3:43pm 
the latest amd driver 24.6 is having issues for me ive lost some frames in a few games
Had to underclock my 13900kf

It's an issue with Oodle compression - turning down the clock speed and therms improves this condition a lot.

Fixing this with underclocking will garner stability improvements in all affected Unreal Games.

What antivirus are you using?Antivirus (excluding MS Defender) is total cancer. ♥♥♥♥ like Norton needs to be extermantused from your system. It will cause performance issues and all sorts of ♥♥♥♥.

Also turn off your mods.
BÆRD 15 Jul @ 2:19am 
Start with your own hardware, there was no patches recently. Verify your game files, check mods for updates. Check in case your GPU drivers updates is causing the issues (AMD users for sure).
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 14 Jul @ 7:50am