Warhammer 40,000: Darktide

Warhammer 40,000: Darktide

View Stats:
Beatlejooce 14 Jul @ 12:55pm
Playerbase ruins this game more than Fatshark
Damnation is basically a crapshoot in both regular and auric because its infested with subpar shooter bros who dont learn the basic mechanics to avoid damage or even use critical thinking skills

I am so tired of teams getting downed at the first encounter because they get overwhelmed by gunners or any ranged for that mattter. Not a single one uses their brain to make it easier by utilizing LOS and other tactics you would have learned playing MMOs like wow.

Here is the scenario that I run into almost every single game:

Team sprints to first encounter which is uUsally a pack of shooters or gunners in a hallway and keep trying to swim upstream bullets while getting downed and taking tons of damage not once using cover while reloading or LOS to MAKE THE SHOOTERS COME TO YOU BECAUSE THEY CANT ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ SEE YOU AROUND A CORNER.

If you look at their toughness and health you can see how much damage they are taking and not avoiding any while I am full on both because the game warns you every shot with an audio cue giving you time to dodge and the same goes for melee

9/10 players will just spam light melee and eat hits because they didnt stop spamming to hold block when they get hit by horde and def will not push the horde to stagger giving an opportunity to followup and cleave

Nobody shoots or melee while dodging at the same time or dodging backwards to create distance when a crusher is winding up its just straight tunnel vision every game on the highest difficulty and I dont understand why its fun for them to keep getting downed you should be able to kite easily if you are playing damnation and not be taking hits from poxwalkers while they are in front of you and dont even get me started on tagging and zealot knife rushers

As soon as I open the social menu or inspect weapons in the lobby and see them either being below 30 , a console player or with under 350 base weapons I know its going to be a waste of time because even max level players with meta weapons cant handle higher difficulties

THE PROBLEM IS NOBODY PRACTICED BLOCKING, DODGING, PUSHING OR SLIDING in malice or heresy and they easily clear runs because those difficulties are a joke so they jump straight into damnation thinking they are hot ♥♥♥♥

I am going to start posting gameplay clips to show just how easy it is to survive and thrive on the highest difficulty UTILIZING THE MELEE SYSTEM
< >
Showing 1-15 of 35 comments
Hans 14 Jul @ 1:06pm 
Yeah sure and in my lobbies everything is fine and 9/10 auric missions are successful. You are the problem. And most likely gun psyker so its great when gun psykers suffer.
Starker 14 Jul @ 1:10pm 
Dear god, man... You are screaming into the void. These players you are referring to will never change and will never read this.

Play another game for a while to cool down, then return to Darktide with a fresh perspective. That perspective should be: "I have zero control over my teammates. All I can do is ping and hope they get it. If not, we lose, too bad, move on."

I am not dismissing your observation. I've seen this too. I would say about 30% of players at Malice and below have ZERO situational awareness, not some, ZERO. They will tunnel vision on a small group of Pox Walkers while the rest of the team is running to the objective or kiting a Chaos Spawn to an open area. I have seen it all. I have 2 choices in such scenarios:

Scream and curse the ♥♥♥♥♥♥, stress myself out, and lose...

...or...

...ignore the monkey on my team and do my best to contribute and lose.

Which choice is better for my health?

I admire your effort to try to educate these ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, but I would not even bother. The game is not that hard. These ♥♥♥♥-ups will never watch your videos because they don't care. They are incapable of critiquing their own performance and will always blame others.
box 14 Jul @ 4:13pm 
The Emperor helps those who help themselves.

In any event you should be dodging sideways against a Crusher, because it might be closer than you think.
My biggest frustration is knife wielders who run around the levels so fast they dont have much to worry about, then wonder why their team is dying when they are basically 3 manning the mission.
Slymoon 14 Jul @ 5:35pm 
Originally posted by Weaponmaster 55:
My biggest frustration is knife wielders who run around the levels so fast they dont have much to worry about, then wonder why their team is dying when they are basically 3 manning the mission.

Unfort. alot of that out there. There are a few really really good knifes out there that orbit close taking care of the stragglers.
Vikings 14 Jul @ 5:45pm 
Originally posted by Beatlejooce:
Damnation is basically a crapshoot in both regular and auric because its infested with subpar shooter bros who dont learn the basic mechanics to avoid damage or even use critical thinking skills

I am so tired of teams getting downed at the first encounter because they get overwhelmed by gunners or any ranged for that mattter. Not a single one uses their brain to make it easier by utilizing LOS and other tactics you would have learned playing MMOs like wow.

Team sprints to first encounter which is uUsally a pack of shooters or gunners in a hallway and keep trying to swim upstream bullets while getting downed and taking tons of damage not once using cover while reloading or LOS to MAKE THE SHOOTERS COME TO YOU BECAUSE THEY CANT ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ SEE YOU AROUND A CORNER.

If you look at their toughness and health you can see how much damage they are taking and not avoiding any while I am full on both because the game warns you every shot with an audio cue giving you time to dodge and the same goes for melee

9/10 players will just spam light melee and eat hits because they didnt stop spamming to hold block when they get hit by horde and def will not push the horde to stagger giving an opportunity to followup and cleave

Nobody shoots or melee while dodging at the same time or dodging backwards to create distance when a crusher is winding up its just straight tunnel vision every game on the highest difficulty and I dont understand why its fun for them to keep getting downed you should be able to kite easily if you are playing damnation and not be taking hits from poxwalkers while they are in front of you and dont even get me started on tagging and zealot knife rushers

As soon as I open the social menu or inspect weapons in the lobby and see them either being below 30 , a console player or with under 350 base weapons I know its going to be a waste of time because even max level players with meta weapons cant handle higher difficulties

THE PROBLEM IS NOBODY PRACTICED BLOCKING, DODGING, PUSHING OR SLIDING in malice or heresy and they easily clear runs because those difficulties are a joke so they jump straight into damnation thinking they are hot ♥♥♥♥

I am going to start posting gameplay clips to show just how easy it is to survive and thrive on the highest difficulty UTILIZING THE MELEE SYSTEM

Anyone who posts a diatribe like this obviously is terrible.
Derp 14 Jul @ 7:22pm 
Originally posted by Vikings:

Anyone who reduces a complex issue down to a single assumption is obviously not a deep thinker.
peremptor 14 Jul @ 9:08pm 
Originally posted by HurtsWNIP:

Anyone who reduces a complex issue down to a single assumption is obviously not a deep thinker.

In the 21st century in the Democracy of Man... there are only hasty generalizations.

Classic example of scoreboard.

Starts policing their team for not blocking enough or taking too much damage.

Most of it is made up because of the nature of assuming you know how to play their characters better than they do, whilst not looking at their screen, and playing your own chracter.

It's the tortured genius angle on the humblebrag - "Oh why doesn't every know how to perfectly block everything and take no damage? They keep letting me down!".

It's absurd. Performance varies with physical condition. Your players are probably not blocking because they are tired more than anything.

If you want to create a guide showing how great you are and how easy this is all is - especially outside the single loadout and single talentbuild that you use all the time - then go ahead and do that.

Berating people because they are new/new to a character and it affects your chances of winning is just classic sociopathy.
BigJ 14 Jul @ 10:35pm 
Barrel accident them, what are they gonna do, throw a tantrum?
Originally posted by BigJ:

Yes but according to your profile

HubbaGubba / Offline 31 Mar @ 5:20am 
big loser dies to unarmed midgets and cries about it in chat

Seems like you tk people for getting killed by unarmed midgets and then you cry about it in chat
BigJ 14 Jul @ 10:40pm 
Originally posted by Anaryl, Emperor of Sol. GEH:
Originally posted by BigJ:

Yes but according to your profile

HubbaGubba / Offline 31 Mar @ 5:20am 
big loser dies to unarmed midgets and cries about it in chat

Seems like you tk people for getting killed by unarmed midgets and then you cry about it in chat
So? Barrel accident the midgets too.
Auzi 14 Jul @ 10:58pm 
tl;dr
I've had more issues on heresy than damnation, and even less issues on auric+maelstrom.
You get more toxic players on maelstrom but at least they (more often than not, know how to play)
OP is the same guy who went out of their way to act like a complete ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ a week ago on someone's thread who just wanted friends to play with. so this thread checks out
Vikings 25 Jul @ 3:06pm 
Originally posted by Kamikaze:

Anyone who thinks a shooter game is worthy of deep thought is obviously very sad. :cozypoechris:
< >
Showing 1-15 of 35 comments
Per page: 1530 50