Little Nightmares III

Little Nightmares III

FluxZ 22 Aug, 2023 @ 5:07pm
are any of the original devs working on this game?
are any of the original devs working on this game?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 36 comments
toughnails 22 Aug, 2023 @ 5:40pm 
This is a cashgrab, the original devs clearly stated that the story ended with LN2 and they had no more plans for future games. These new devs couldn't even get the aesthetic right, the trailer makes me think more of Borderlands than anything.
⚡Nash 22 Aug, 2023 @ 6:09pm 
Cash grab imo. Tarsier studios is not the developers.
Krahen 22 Aug, 2023 @ 6:18pm 
idk why people are calling this a cash grab. they obviously got at least some people from the previous games to help on this, and they specifically gave the game to bandai so they could make more. their story might've ended with 2, but they're telling new stories now, like an anthology. seems fine to me
FluxZ 22 Aug, 2023 @ 6:24pm 
Originally posted by Krahen:
idk why people are calling this a cash grab. they obviously got at least some people from the previous games to help on this, and they specifically gave the game to bandai so they could make more. their story might've ended with 2, but they're telling new stories now, like an anthology. seems fine to me
just because they are using assets doesnt mean its the same people. I loved the first game but found the second one to be quite overpriced tbh but i prepurchased it anyways as to support the devs. based on the last game, im expecting a $40 price for 6-8 hours for a standard non-100% playthrough and since its mostly likely not the original devs, at least for the most part, i may wait for a sale. I am hopeful but I am also skeptical. I feel like the sweet spot for both of the little nightmares games should be $20, but I doubt that this game would do that.
Last edited by FluxZ; 22 Aug, 2023 @ 6:25pm
Valicys 22 Aug, 2023 @ 9:56pm 
yall are calling it a cashgrab just cause new devs are making it, wild take not gonna lie, just judge it when it comes out damn
Last edited by Valicys; 22 Aug, 2023 @ 9:57pm
FluxZ 22 Aug, 2023 @ 10:29pm 
Originally posted by OMORI:
yall are calling it a cashgrab just cause new devs are making it, wild take not gonna lie, just judge it when it comes out damn
for me it just feels off to not be the original devs as I loved the original game so much.
newanjja 23 Aug, 2023 @ 12:19am 
Is there any chance that there will be six or mono??
GabeStellar 23 Aug, 2023 @ 6:25am 
lol toughnails said the trailer looks more like borderlands than anything. I want what you're smoking my guy cause that's some good dank
Valicys 23 Aug, 2023 @ 6:33am 
i get that and its sad but calling it a cashgrab? idk imo they got the looks and the atmosphere right from the trailer
urukhai 23 Aug, 2023 @ 8:58pm 
It seems fine to me but hopefully they don’t mess it up. I don’t necessarily think this is a cash grab, but maybe it is. We know very little of the full game.
SixAndMono13 24 Aug, 2023 @ 11:09am 
SOoOO Exited!!!:Janitor_Heart:
Jay 24 Aug, 2023 @ 2:30pm 
Originally posted by toughnails:
This is a cashgrab, the original devs clearly stated that the story ended with LN2 and they had no more plans for future games. These new devs couldn't even get the aesthetic right, the trailer makes me think more of Borderlands than anything.
What do you mean by "not getting the aesthetic right"?
We probably haven't watched the same trailer because they absolutely nailed it. If you're referring to the orange color palette, keep in mind that is only one of the areas in the game, and that previous games also had different tones in specific areas (like the kitchen, the forest, the Signal Tower... etc)

Plus keep in mind that the original producer of LN has returned to do the interview at Gamescom, so it's very likely that he is helping out with the game. (even Tobias, who did the original soundtrack is also returning)

I don't know why so many of you are acting so pessimistic when we've barely seen anything about the game. (and the few things we've seen are very promising)
FluxZ 24 Aug, 2023 @ 4:26pm 
Originally posted by Jay:
Originally posted by toughnails:
What do you mean by "not getting the aesthetic right"?
We probably haven't watched the same trailer because they absolutely nailed it. If you're referring to the orange color palette, keep in mind that is only one of the areas in the game, and that previous games also had different tones in specific areas (like the kitchen, the forest, the Signal Tower... etc)

Plus keep in mind that the original producer of LN has returned to do the interview at Gamescom, so it's very likely that he is helping out with the game. (even Tobias, who did the original soundtrack is also returning)

I don't know why so many of you are acting so pessimistic when we've barely seen anything about the game. (and the few things we've seen are very promising)
I am mostly worried of a $40-60 price tag in addition to the potential loss of the original charm that the first Little Nightmares game had.
Soapy_Bubble 24 Aug, 2023 @ 4:49pm 
Tarsier left the studio because they felt they'd made enough games. Thats why they transferred ownership of the IP over to Bandai because Bandai still wanted to make games. Supermassive has had experience with Little Nightmares before with Little Nightmares 2. Y'all just calling it a cash grab because Mono and Six aren't in it.
Soapy_Bubble 24 Aug, 2023 @ 4:50pm 
Originally posted by Soapy_Bubble:
Tarsier left the studio because they felt they'd made enough games. Thats why they transferred ownership of the IP over to Bandai because Bandai still wanted to make games. Supermassive has had experience with Little Nightmares before with Little Nightmares 2. Y'all just calling it a cash grab because Mono and Six aren't in it.
I'm also pretty sure that it is set in the future of the Little Nightmares series.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 36 comments
Per page: 1530 50