Billie Bust Up

Billie Bust Up

why it can't come to the switch?
ok so obviously i just see this game (not bad by the way) but i hear that this cannot come to the nintendo switch as mention by the devs and the question is why? will it cost alot of money or something?
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
bagbox 27 Dec, 2023 @ 3:41am 
it might come on switch, but mapping out all the controls takes forever so if it does come out on switch it will be a while after it comes out on steam
musicshootout198 27 Dec, 2023 @ 1:27pm 
Originally posted by bagbox:
it might come on switch, but mapping out all the controls takes forever so if it does come out on switch it will be a while after it comes out on steam

So it will come to switch just the mapping in the controller? If so that wouldn’t that bad right? And plus like I said I thought it would cost money to put it on game console like well the switch for example
It may be due to hardware. It can run Arkham Knight, but it hardly works. So it's possible, but framerate and quality would probably make this game look like its from 2008. Running on a PS2. (Maybe not that bad, but you know what I mean.)

I also saw the thumbnail for the new BBU song and, yea, in a way it looks better than COD so quality would not be good on Switch.
Originally posted by tumble924:
It may be due to hardware. It can run Arkham Knight, but it hardly works. So it's possible, but framerate and quality would probably make this game look like its from 2008. Running on a PS2. (Maybe not that bad, but you know what I mean.)

I also saw the thumbnail for the new BBU song and, yea, in a way it looks better than COD so quality would not be good on Switch.

i think i can understand that and i bet it's only gonna be on PC once it's ready and release yes? (least i can play this on steam deck if i have one)
I know this is a old post but the switch is very underpowered it can only run unreal games like fortnite at 30fps and it drops a lot I don't think this game will run well on the switch or might not even work on switch Im just gonna use my steam deck to play on the go lol
Originally posted by ChristianBloxYT:
I know this is a old post but the switch is very underpowered it can only run unreal games like fortnite at 30fps and it drops a lot I don't think this game will run well on the switch or might not even work on switch Im just gonna use my steam deck to play on the go lol

(wouldn't mind if this was an old post) hm fair point i mean it's shame that it might run bad on switch tho. but hey least we got steam deck like you said (although i don't have one)
i have a switch and i can say that games like BBU run perfectly for the most part
Originally posted by xX_MISSING_SWAGGER_Xx:
i have a switch and i can say that games like BBU run perfectly for the most part
wait what? was it on the switch already?
Johnnyb 20 Aug @ 11:28am 
Originally posted by musicshootout198:
ok so obviously i just see this game (not bad by the way) but i hear that this cannot come to the nintendo switch as mention by the devs and the question is why? will it cost alot of money or something?

It all comes down to optimization the devs need to make sure the game will run well on the hardware. Also mapping controls for a game isn't hard and doesn't take ages to do steam lets you do it for any game, even games that don't support controllers natively.

Furthermore, sometimes it can be hard for a studio to bring a game to other platforms and make sure the game runs smoothly from beginning to end especially when it involves indie studios since they usually have less money and resources to work with. The Switch can be a tough one these days since the hardware is very slow compared to other consoles. The hardware is based on mobile phone chips from 2013. I do hear the next Switch should be much faster so likely this game will launch with the Switch 2.

I personally have no idea if the devs plan to release this on other platforms or which ones for that matter, but I sure hope they do.
Ikagura 20 Aug @ 12:27pm 
Originally posted by Johnnyb:

It all comes down to optimization the devs need to make sure the game will run well on the hardware. Also mapping controls for a game isn't hard and doesn't take ages to do steam lets you do it for any game, even games that don't support controllers natively.

Furthermore, sometimes it can be hard for a studio to bring a game to other platforms and make sure the game runs smoothly from beginning to end especially when it involves indie studios since they usually have less money and resources to work with. The Switch can be a tough one these days since the hardware is very slow compared to other consoles. The hardware is based on mobile phone chips from 2013. I do hear the next Switch should be much faster so likely this game will launch with the Switch 2.

I personally have no idea if the devs plan to release this on other platforms or which ones for that matter, but I sure hope they do.
I don't think the Switch would struggle to run that kind of game.
Originally posted by Johnnyb:

okay that figures, if it not gonna go well on the (original) switch, then switch 2 it is then. also i think it's the best to wait and see if they decide about it.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50