Billie Bust Up

Billie Bust Up

Not worth the investment
Hello, I am TheClassicalMusketeer! A gamer and a former lover of Billie Bust Up. I have come to give knowledge to those looking into this game and whether the price justifies the game play or whether this is worth investment. I am here to tell you it is not and here is why: Katie the marketing manager of Billie Bust up, A family woman and a lover of art is a great person. she and her team have put a lot of effort into this game and I wanted to invest! I put 100$ dollars into this game and I was excited for the outcome or so I thought. Listen, this woman has a great dream but is failing to show me that my money is being used for the game! despite having investment, she still is asking for investment beyond what is ordinary to the point she is asking for 8,000$ from people if they want just one customized NPC for them in the game. She has been asking for a lot of support, too much so that I think she is not using this money for the game. WHERE IS MY MONEY KATIE! WHY HAVE YOU BEEN ASKING THIS OF US WHEN YOU HAVE NOT EVEN COMPLETED THE GAME! WHY DO THEY HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL DEVELOPMENT IS DONE FOR AN NPC THAT COSTS 8,000 DOLLARS!!! listen, I have played tested her game and it is not worth it! it is buggy and not complete and she asking too much for something that a team of teens with novice game making experience could have made in under a year and a half. She is not interacting with her discord in revolutionary ways...it is distant and frankly celebrity esk! I do not feel a connection with her in any way except as a developer asking me for money which I need for food and housing!!! If she changes her ways I will continue to support but for now DON'T DO IT!! PLEASE!! I SEE HER EFFORTS BUT HER ACTIONS ARE SHOWING ME OTHERWISE!! So that is why I think it is not worth investment. I think she lacks the empathy for the poor, she does not show me the care I want and is asking me and others too much for so little.:steamsad:
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
1. They've made it clear these builds are buggy. Do you know how game dev works? They are pre-alphas for a REASON. 2. There are many behind the scenes and updates, posted pretty often (especially on the patreon supporter channels). Want news? Join their discord server, it's free. 3. Rigging, modeling and finding a voice for an npc is extremely pricey. PLUS it's just a bonus for people who want to be EXTRA exclusive. No one is forcing you to pledge that much. 4. You don't know what their Publisher is letting them share. Don't blame devs. 5. At one point, it was said in an interview the game had to be REWORKED due to its new scope. I am NOT trying to change your opinion. However, there a lot of factors contributing to the state of the game. (and trust me, work is being done!) Just my two scents as someone who loved the pre-alpha, idk
ibigfire 10 Jul @ 8:38am 
You expecting to be buddies and friends and making connections with people just trying to make a fun game for folks to enjoy is super weird and unhealthy. This whole post reads a bit like someone that doesn't understand how these things are supposed to work and ends up with parasocial outlooks towards creators.

Please check yourself, cuz' you might be on a path to wreck yourself. For your own sake as well as for the sake of those you interact with/towards.
Splat ♥ 27 Jul @ 10:11am 
$100 is nothing in gamedev congrats you bought lunch for 3 programmers
Glue 28 Jul @ 3:04am 
This whole post is just delusional. I really hope this is bait, because if not, OP definitely has some sort of mental health stuff to figure out.
Maybe spend $100 on a therapist, rather than on donations you proceed to mad about.
Leon96 26 Aug @ 12:44pm 
Originally posted by TheClassicalMusketeer:
Hello, I am TheClassicalMusketeer! A gamer and a former lover of Billie Bust Up. I have come to give knowledge to those looking into this game and whether the price justifies the game play or whether this is worth investment. I am here to tell you it is not and here is why: Katie the marketing manager of Billie Bust up, A family woman and a lover of art is a great person. she and her team have put a lot of effort into this game and I wanted to invest! I put 100$ dollars into this game and I was excited for the outcome or so I thought. Listen, this woman has a great dream but is failing to show me that my money is being used for the game! despite having investment, she still is asking for investment beyond what is ordinary to the point she is asking for 8,000$ from people if they want just one customized NPC for them in the game. She has been asking for a lot of support, too much so that I think she is not using this money for the game. WHERE IS MY MONEY KATIE! WHY HAVE YOU BEEN ASKING THIS OF US WHEN YOU HAVE NOT EVEN COMPLETED THE GAME! WHY DO THEY HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL DEVELOPMENT IS DONE FOR AN NPC THAT COSTS 8,000 DOLLARS!!! listen, I have played tested her game and it is not worth it! it is buggy and not complete and she asking too much for something that a team of teens with novice game making experience could have made in under a year and a half. She is not interacting with her discord in revolutionary ways...it is distant and frankly celebrity esk! I do not feel a connection with her in any way except as a developer asking me for money which I need for food and housing!!! If she changes her ways I will continue to support but for now DON'T DO IT!! PLEASE!! I SEE HER EFFORTS BUT HER ACTIONS ARE SHOWING ME OTHERWISE!! So that is why I think it is not worth investment. I think she lacks the empathy for the poor, she does not show me the care I want and is asking me and others too much for so little.:steamsad:
one thing is true: calling a thousand dollar pledge an "investment" is a dumb move.
everyone that knows business 101 is aware that is not worth to "invest" money into something you'll not get part of it back. of course is not worth to pay so much for a simple game with some songs
i feel like when you paid 100 dollars for it, you now understand why investors in triple A games try to rush these projects... they want their money back.
if you invested into a company that is "pro - people" and "anti crunch" you'll likely have to wait 3x more.
Last edited by Leon96; 26 Aug @ 12:46pm
Leon96 26 Aug @ 12:47pm 
Originally posted by Leon96:
Originally posted by TheClassicalMusketeer:
one thing is true: calling a thousand dollar pledge an "investment" is a dumb move.
everyone that knows business 101 is aware that is not worth to "invest" money into something you'll not get part of it back. of course is not worth to pay so much for a simple game with some songs
i feel like when you paid 100 dollars for it, you now understand why investors in triple A games try to rush these projects... they want their money back.
if you invested into a company that is "pro - people" and "anti crunch" you'll likely have to wait 3x more.
having that said; my tip is: please, never waste money on a pre-alpha or even beta / early access game coming from indie developers.
these are 70% likely to leave you hanging.
go for the triple A.
Leon96 26 Aug @ 12:53pm 
is billie bust up worth more than 25 dollars?
of course not.
there's a song differential and whatever but they gotta understand their limits and shrink their game to at least put some basic stuff on the market. the game looks fun but its more like a guitar hero with 12 songs that you'll replay over and over because it got some platforming.

its definitely mind breaking to fit it all in the song because the stage gotta move according to the music. so it takes a while to develop levels because its more of a trial and error till everything fits.

you paid 4x the real value of the game with the expectation of it to be out in the market. that's not investment. you'll not get a single cent back from that product.
that is just money waste according to business schools.
Mizore 5 Sep @ 8:06pm 
this poster seems to think that $8,000.00 is a lot of money to develop a game BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that pays for one persons salary for two months. this games been in development for 5 years xD big F. just remove the post and save yourself the emberassment oh i needed that laugh.... this game isnt shooting for triple A but it is also shooting for better than indie, with real orchestral music. each song costs about 8,000.00 British pounds to produce. and yes the music was developed in britan. oh god. this guy.:steamfacepalm:
Leon96 5 Sep @ 8:12pm 
Originally posted by Mizore:
this poster seems to think that $8,000.00 is a lot of money to develop a game BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that pays for one persons salary for two months. this games been in development for 5 years xD big F. just remove the post and save yourself the emberassment oh i needed that laugh.... this game isnt shooting for triple A but it is also shooting for better than indie, with real orchestral music. each song costs about 8,000.00 British pounds to produce. and yes the music was developed in britan. oh god. this guy.:steamfacepalm:
there's no way to simplify those things without real data. a slow development being funded by people is better than to deliver a finished product and move on.

there is no way to trace a definite budget for the game. 8000 monthly for this game surely aint't good. but if its 1 person or 2... it may be... if its a team? of course not.
depends on how they manage their own budget.
Leon96 5 Sep @ 8:13pm 
Originally posted by Mizore:
again, biggest problem is calling this whole thing an "investment." when investments earn you money back. this will not.
"buggy and not complete"

OH NOOOO! an incomplete build is... NOT COMPLETE?! OH GOD THE ABSOLUTE HORROR! i truly hope you recover from this tragedy :(
OchrisO 20 Sep @ 12:47pm 
My brother in Christ….you said you “invested” $100 in the game. That is only $30 than the cost if a modern game. That is not an investment and you here seeming like you want an HJ or something.
Last edited by OchrisO; 20 Sep @ 12:50pm
Wow, 100 dollar investment.. ooh lala, big spender. You do realize at the end of the day, 100 dollars doesnt go very far in game development, yes?

first off, however long it takes, these developers have bills to pay, licenses to acquire, assets to pay for, models, music, animation

I dont agree with a lot of the things they do and likely will not buy the game, but I wont let people bully developers for things they are not guilt of.
Mac 5 Oct @ 7:19am 
I don't want to be rude. But your post is delusional in so many points.
You should consider therapy.

There's visible emotional problems and expectations towards it and the need to be recognized and seen by the developers. And your "focus/target" on this "Katie" doesn't seem "normal".
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 1530 50