Gecata by Movavi 6 – Streaming and Game Recording Software

Gecata by Movavi 6 – Streaming and Game Recording Software

yeon 19 Aug, 2021 @ 6:37am
screenshot black screen
I'm playing a game in Steam, where I screenshot the game and the results show only a black screen. How do solve this problem?.....
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
76561198822185611  [developer] 20 Aug, 2021 @ 12:52am 
Originally posted by Kanta / 달🌙:
I'm playing a game in Steam, where I screenshot the game and the results show only a black screen. How do solve this problem?.....

Hello!

We apologize for any inconvenience. Please contact our support team (Open Movavi official website, click on "Support Center" and then "Submit a request") and describe your problem in detail. We will help you resolve this issue.

Best regards,
Movavi team.
Annihilator 3 Jan, 2023 @ 5:20am 
I have black screen on game outside of steam like rainbowsix extraction on video. I can listen the sound but is all black.

I have tested another game and work well. Maybe depend on game?

Now not have a time for go support but i want ask if can depend on certain games.

Edit: I have tested in other games but freeze the video after few seconds but the sound works.
Last edited by Annihilator; 3 Jan, 2023 @ 5:50am
76561198822185611  [developer] 4 Jan, 2023 @ 8:57am 
Originally posted by Annihilator:
I have black screen on game outside of steam like rainbowsix extraction on video. I can listen the sound but is all black.

Now not have a time for go support but i want ask if can depend on certain games.

Edit: I have tested in other games but freeze the video after few seconds but the sound works.

Hello!

Yes, indeed, this problem may depend on the specific game. You can see the list of all supported games at the link below:
Supported Games[www.gecata.com]

You can also try the following solution which might help you:

- Launch the Gecata program
- Press the cogwheel button (Settings) and select the option Video, enable the Alternative Capture mode.
- Try to capture the game again.
Annihilator 5 Jan, 2023 @ 6:03am 
Originally posted by Movavi:

Hello!

Yes, indeed, this problem may depend on the specific game. You can see the list of all supported games at the link below:
Supported Games[www.gecata.com]

You can also try the following solution which might help you:

- Launch the Gecata program
- Press the cogwheel button (Settings) and select the option Video, enable the Alternative Capture mode.
- Try to capture the game again.

Hi thx for reply :) about the supported games hoping for more in future.

But the video, with this option, after few seconds freeze too. And listen only the sound.
76561198822185611  [developer] 5 Jan, 2023 @ 7:36am 

Hi thx for reply :) about the supported games hoping for more in future.

But the video, with this option, after few seconds freeze too. And listen only the sound.

Hello! This problem can also occur due to a malfunction of the video card driver. Please try updating your video card drivers by following the instructions:

How do I update my graphic card drivers?[movavi.freshdesk.com]
Annihilator 5 Jan, 2023 @ 9:52am 
Is already updated one month ago. I can test in other computer maybe because not have driver issue in the games.

About freeze i mean only on recording not crash the game.

Edit: I have tested with another computer and have same issue.
Last edited by Annihilator; 5 Jan, 2023 @ 10:31am
76561198822185611  [developer] 9 Jan, 2023 @ 1:49am 
Is already updated one month ago. I can test in other computer maybe because not have driver issue in the games.

Hello! Please specify if the games with which the problem occurs are in the list of supported games or not?
Annihilator 10 Jan, 2023 @ 7:54am 

Hello! Please specify if the games with which the problem occurs are in the list of supported games or not?

Hello sorry for the delay. I check this area every time i log in.

In any cases i tested bannerlord and rainbowsix siege, not only extraction because in that game have black screen, but i have freeze on the video. I not mean computer but only on recording.

I tested in other computer and have similar thing.
76561198822185611  [developer] 11 Jan, 2023 @ 3:23am 

In any cases i tested bannerlord and rainbowsix siege, not only extraction because in that game have black screen, but i have freeze on the video. I not mean computer but only on recording.

Thank you for your answer. Please also try the following solutions:

- If you are using other game capture programs, please turn them off while using Gecata.
- Open the Gecata program settings, click on the "Other" tab and uncheck the "Use graphics card memory to speed up performance" checkbox. Try to capture the game again.
Annihilator 11 Jan, 2023 @ 12:53pm 

Thank you for your answer. Please also try the following solutions:

- If you are using other game capture programs, please turn them off while using Gecata.
- Open the Gecata program settings, click on the "Other" tab and uncheck the "Use graphics card memory to speed up performance" checkbox. Try to capture the game again.

Not change nothing still freeze after 1-2 seconds. I have only antivirus in background and driver for nvidia. Nothing else.
76561198822185611  [developer] 12 Jan, 2023 @ 4:06am 
Not change nothing still freeze after 1-2 seconds. I have only antivirus in background and driver for nvidia. Nothing else.

Hello! Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, we have nothing more to offer to solve your issue. However, we will forward the information to our development department and a fix for this issue may be released in the future. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused by our product.
Annihilator 12 Jan, 2023 @ 4:39am 

Hello! Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, we have nothing more to offer to solve your issue. However, we will forward the information to our development department and a fix for this issue may be released in the future. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused by our product.

No problem. If you want more info im here :)
Annihilator 16 Jan, 2023 @ 2:10pm 
During wait i use windows 10 and 4090 rtx with 12900ks. The 2nd one the 3080 rtx and 10900x with same os.
Annihilator 16 Jan, 2023 @ 10:13pm 
I have tested more. With alternate recording in desktop mode working. But with game mode not anymore. Or if i disable alternate one on desktop too.
Last edited by Annihilator; 16 Jan, 2023 @ 10:14pm
76561198822185611  [developer] 17 Jan, 2023 @ 12:43am 
I have tested more. With alternate recording in desktop mode working. But with game mode not anymore. Or if i disable alternate one on desktop too.

Hi! Thank you for taking your time to leave your feedback. We will pass your feedback to our Development team for future improvements!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 1530 50