Age of Darkness: Final Stand

Age of Darkness: Final Stand

View Stats:
Kornbyrg 10 May, 2023 @ 5:49am
Add ukrainian localization
I love the world you're creating by picking mechanics from already established TaB that I liked. But at the moment there is a need to localize the game to reach a larger audience on release.
I'm not talking about full coverage, but at least ukrainian text and subtitles if possible.
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
BigBroSenya 10 May, 2023 @ 12:46pm 
It is absolutely pointless to add a separate localization for one country with a little-known language. The Russian language is enough, in which many from the CIS speak and understand.
Kornbyrg 10 May, 2023 @ 2:01pm 
Originally posted by Armies of Exigo:
It is absolutely pointless to add a separate localization for one country with a little-known language. The Russian language is enough, in which many from the CIS speak and understand.
I do not want to argue that the language of the neighboring country is enough. In general, I am in favor of having one language and fewer pointless disputes. I will only give a few arguments.
1. More does not mean better. This can be seen on the battlefield that is currently going on between countries. And in the game itself, where you don't need a lot of people for defense, 10 archers, a hero and smart defense planning are enough to defend against 5k+ monsters.
2. The Ukrainian language is as widespread as Polish, but the second language is present, which is already a plus. Today I looked at the number of comments under Darkest Dungeon 2, which was released yesterday, and it seems that the number of comments in Polish = Ukrainian = 25. The Ukrainian language, which was introduced in the release. This does not tell the number of games bought, but it can tell about the audience response. Currently, Ukraine is not in a very good situation, and the audience fights for Ukrainian in the games as well.
3. It follows from point 2 that Ukrainians now buy more games with the Ukrainian language. To support the developers of the same games. This can be observed in the discussions, with the exception of this game so far, as well as under the comments of already launched games, where people put 100+ likes under the comments "Add Ukrainian language".
This may not sound like a dire necessity, but it is a necessity, and it can turn out to be a big plus for the game. Look at Valve, where all games and the platform itself are available in all languages. Under each of their games there are 15k-31k+ comments in UKRAINIAN it's free to play but it's accessibility.
Samseng Yik 11 May, 2023 @ 1:02pm 
Heh..... The popular usual "my language justify better for business".
The developer will localize based on their business analysis/potential, not based on Your highly entitled opinion.
Deathbringer 14 May, 2023 @ 11:10pm 
American here, In few months every other country know Ukraine is going to become a part of Russia. With US going broke for sending 171 billion dollars to Ukraine. A lot of gaming companies aren't sure how any of this is going to go down. Is they're going to be a Ukraine language with Russia occupation. How would that work? So far it going to be a memory hole on how many companies had support for Ukraine and it going to be a Russia language base support. Honestly I would recommend learning english or sticking Russian language.

No offense from an American who wonder why is country gave 171 billions dollars to your country while where in the largest historical depression.
Grulemugg 15 May, 2023 @ 8:55am 
This is a russian disinformation campaign to make people dislike ukrainians by making them look spolied and entitled. It is in every game forum. Do not reply!
Chukki 15 May, 2023 @ 6:11pm 
All ukranians speak russian perfectly. I don't see why any game should be localized to target a small language group. Besides, it would about time to learn english and stop complaining.
Kornbyrg 16 May, 2023 @ 5:12am 
Originally posted by Chukki:
All ukranians speak russian perfectly. I don't see why any game should be localized to target a small language group. Besides, it would about time to learn english and stop complaining.
I can also say that after the war, everyone switched to Ukrainian, in fact, where there is no Ukrainian, English is used. But the question is different, I asked to include the Ukrainian language in the release. There is nothing special or unusual here for the translation of at least the menu and the interface, so that a note for Ukrainian unions appears in Steam that the game has a Ukrainian language. Thus, in steam, people who use search with the Ukrainian language will see this game and buy it.
Kyrylo 23 Jun, 2023 @ 7:51am 
Please, add a ukrainian language
Nodge 25 Jun, 2023 @ 9:03am 
Yeah. I am ukrainian and i know both russian and english. Don't see any point in making ukrainian loc
veracsthane 19 Jul, 2023 @ 11:15pm 
Originally posted by Grulemugg:
This is a russian disinformation campaign to make people dislike ukrainians by making them look spolied and entitled. It is in every game forum. Do not reply!
i would argue its a usa actvist thing but what ever.

russian or not the people who hate ukraine thanks to the war hate ukraine because of the people over here in the usa who like ukraine. if it is a russian op it failed. we dont like either mostly because we are tired of war and we know the people who like ukraine want us dying somewhere overseas agian for nothing.
Originally posted by Nodge:
Yeah. I am ukrainian and i know both russian and english. Don't see any point in making ukrainian loc
Oh, pro-russian mf is telling that Ukrainian localization is unneeded? How surprising.
Originally posted by Nodge:
Yeah its true, Ukrainians speak Russian even with each other, and will still play in Russian even if the game is translated
Originally posted by Kornbyrg:
I love the world you're creating by picking mechanics from already established TaB that I liked. But at the moment there is a need to localize the game to reach a larger audience on release.
I'm not talking about full coverage, but at least ukrainian text and subtitles if possible.
bro you need to go to the front and not play games
check post history lol ukraine pro beggers
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 1530 50