鬼谷八荒 Tale of Immortal

鬼谷八荒 Tale of Immortal

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Grandork 6 Sep, 2021 @ 9:53am
Finished the game on the hardest difficulty (Chaotic), some tips and tricks and AMA.
Just killed the hardest boss on Chaotic (15m HP, LOL) and, since I can't go to Reborn, I am officially done. So I will answer any question you guys might have. But here are some tips and tricks.

Becoming Rich

You need a lot of Spirit Stones if you want to do anything in this game, especially if you want to max out every skill in the game. The question is, what's the best way to become rich? The answer is Auction House and Stealing. First step is to get expensive books (ATK and DEF Mind Skills are the most expensive ones) and then sell them in the Auction House. Keep an eye on who buys the Book and then steal it back.

Maxing Relationship

The easiest way is to gift 2 Red ATK and DEF Mind Skills books, this will usually max them out, then you just steal it back. Make sure you are capable of beating them, because they WILL fight you if they find out you stole from them (based on Charisma). But even after everything, you will STILL be maxed out with them.

Best Skills

For Auto it's Blade, because it gives 7% Life Steal and the Critical Mind Manual for Blade has a chance to increase Life Steal.

For Special it's Earth, because it summons a Golem that tanks a lot of damage and trivializes a lot of fight.

For Motion it's Wind, because it makes you immune and allows you to keep attacking, it will also have one of the highest damage in the game with the correct trait.

Ultimate depends on what trait you have.

ATK Mind, keep an eye out for "Every X Martial Skill gives 1 ATK", this is by far the best and necessary for Chaotic.

DEF Mind, keep an eye out for "Every X Skill gives 1 DEF", this is by far the best and necessary for Chaotic.

Energy Mind, keep an eye out for "Regenerate Energy when bellow 20%" and "Spending Energy grants Shield", the reason is that you will always block a single hit, no matter how small the shield is. So if you take a 100000 damage hit and have 1 shield, you will take 0 damage.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 156 comments
Turbo32 6 Sep, 2021 @ 9:59am 
Question, which divine soul was the better one to take when reaching soul formation.

Also what about the extra destiny you get every breakthrough. Which one should we watch out for the most.
Grandork 6 Sep, 2021 @ 10:27am 
Originally posted by Turbo32:
Question, which divine soul was the better one to take when reaching soul formation.

Also what about the extra destiny you get every breakthrough. Which one should we watch out for the most.

I don't know, I took Attack Divine Soul (the Dragon) because I like damage. It increases my damage by up to 40% (absolutely massive for long fights) and does a LOT of damage every 3 Specials. Since I'm spamming Special for the golems, it adds up a lot. It also gives 180 ATK, which is nice.

You can't reload Destiny in Chaotic, as such, you just take what's given for you. Currently I have Heavenly Giant (it sucks, don't take it), Combat Expertise (Weapon), Vitality Seed III (+30% HP), War Drum (Deals around 1 special in damage every 10 seconds), Water Burst (Deals about twice as much damage as a special), Power of Blood II (14% Life Steal on Melee).
Turbo32 6 Sep, 2021 @ 10:30am 
Elder brother Grandork, you ARE good!
Grandork 6 Sep, 2021 @ 10:34am 

An interesting thing I found out is that if you reroll a lower trait, it will reroll all the higher ones too. I used to have Blood Claw 3, then I rerolled Blood Claw 1 (with the quest item) and it made me reroll Blood Claw 2 and 3.
Turbo32 6 Sep, 2021 @ 10:36am 
Originally posted by Grandork:

An interesting thing I found out is that if you reroll a lower trait, it will reroll all the higher ones too. I used to have Blood Claw 3, then I rerolled Blood Claw 1 (with the quest item) and it made me reroll Blood Claw 2 and 3.
Oh yeah I tired to reroll my lower level power of blood destiny and it rerolled everything. I was also hoping to cheese it, but I guess it was too obvious and was already patched by the devs.
ViiRey 6 Sep, 2021 @ 11:48am 
Originally posted by Grandork:

Exactly that's the problem. I though i want to reroll my Jo's sword I trait to another useful 1 but instead it reroll everything relate to Jo's sword I-III. That's a bit shame but i understand why it should reroll everything relate to.
Myth Alric 6 Sep, 2021 @ 7:02pm 
Just out of curiosity, how old is your character? I am mainly curious because I wonder how good that one destiny is where you get one defense per year.
Grandork 6 Sep, 2021 @ 8:12pm 
Originally posted by Myth Alric:
Just out of curiosity, how old is your character? I am mainly curious because I wonder how good that one destiny is where you get one defense per year.

A little over 200 years old. It's really OP at the start, but 200 points now is just mediocre at best. Although, I do have over 1000 in lifespan, so if I wanted to keep skipping months until I reach 1000, it would be pretty OP. But that would be a huge pain in the ass.
RigelCanta 6 Sep, 2021 @ 8:40pm 
What realm do you have to be at to complete the Giant chases the sun quest? I started it while i was grinding out stuff for ascension to soul formation and since you could complete the quests without fighting I didn't realize that I would only hit 1's on damage for the enemies to get the water/fruit to heal him. So he died D:, want to know how long to wait for next run.
Grandork 6 Sep, 2021 @ 9:40pm 
Originally posted by RigelCanta:
What realm do you have to be at to complete the Giant chases the sun quest? I started it while i was grinding out stuff for ascension to soul formation and since you could complete the quests without fighting I didn't realize that I would only hit 1's on damage for the enemies to get the water/fruit to heal him. So he died D:, want to know how long to wait for next run.

I did it at Stage VII. I just had to make sure to have the Tavern Buffs + Elixir Buff + Ultimate. My Ultimate was doing around 600 damage.

Also, there are a few skills that can inflict FIXED damage, so that would kill them too. There's an Artifact Spirit that does the same.
Ricochet 8 Sep, 2021 @ 9:47pm 
Are the two red atk/def regardless of realm (IE Foundation/qi condensation, etc)?
Gin 8 Sep, 2021 @ 10:17pm 
Grandork how do you choose Tao souls? I dont understand the wording at all =.="
Especially the "units units" mention in the descriptions.
I see you play as Blade Earth Wind skills
So you basically just choose Blade as Main then Secondary Earth Wind for Tao?
Last edited by Gin; 8 Sep, 2021 @ 10:40pm
Merciful 8 Sep, 2021 @ 10:25pm 
I should have picked Blade instead.. I started with palm only to realize palm skills kinda sucks but I am already at Origin Spirit. Joined a Sect with Fist and Palm so now I am working towards reallocating my points into fist instead. :steamsad:

I will start a blade character next time..
Last edited by Merciful; 8 Sep, 2021 @ 10:25pm
Gin 8 Sep, 2021 @ 10:26pm 
Originally posted by Merciful:
I should have picked Blade instead.. I started with palm only to realize palm skills kinda sucks but I am already at Origin Spirit. Joined a Sect with Fist and Palm so now I am working towards reallocating my points into fist instead. :steamsad:

Fist is tanker style :D
Merciful 9 Sep, 2021 @ 12:19am 
Originally posted by Gin:
Originally posted by Merciful:

Fist is tanker style :D

Does that mean fist is just as bad (no damage) as palm or can fist be good better than palm?
Last edited by Merciful; 9 Sep, 2021 @ 12:19am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 156 comments
Per page: 1530 50