Flock
Rare spawns bugged?
I'm trying to get the last few rare birds. Looked up a guide. It says that the forest gleeb can be found at a specific feeder in the mossy forest... I've been spamming every single feeder in the mossy forest for over an hour and haven't seen it at all.

Yellowlegs I encountered once and now it seems to be completely gone.

Is there something wrong with these ultra giga extreme super rare spawns?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
yokkigr 17 Jul @ 6:19am 
same for baritone burbot, sunset sprug and yellowlegs
'Araturo 17 Jul @ 6:34am 
Originally posted by yokkigr:

Baritone Burbot and Sunset Sprug are just very well camouflaged. Yellowlegs is indeed an odd one. I found it, but it took me over 2 hours... I'm dead certain it just physicly did not exist for that 2 hours untill I found it.

Now all I need is the Forest Gleeb, but I cant spawn it with feeders and I dont think it exists anywhere else...
yokkigr 17 Jul @ 8:06am 
Originally posted by 'Araturo:
Originally posted by yokkigr:

Baritone Burbot and Sunset Sprug are just very well camouflaged. Yellowlegs is indeed an odd one. I found it, but it took me over 2 hours... I'm dead certain it just physicly did not exist for that 2 hours untill I found it.

Now all I need is the Forest Gleeb, but I cant spawn it with feeders and I dont think it exists anywhere else...
for forest gleeb spam the feeders in moss forest. i got many there.
yellowlegs i have zero idea which feeder should spawn it.
baritone spawned 1 after sooooo many hours. i knew where to look wetlands (where the water lakes with the 3 circles are, it looks like a rock on the floor (kinda heart shaped one. different colour than the normal rocks .
sunset i got lucky and spawned it with one of the feeders up north.
ofmana  [developer] 17 Jul @ 8:48am 
Hi there,

As far as we are aware none of these creatures are bugged in terms of their spawns, they are just amongst the rarest creatures in the game so only spawn in one or two locations and sometimes only once a day cycle so can be hard to find.

No creatures require the feeders to be found, the feeders are there to help you find some of the rarer creatures in the game once you've completed it.

We will keep an eye out for any more reports of these creatures not spawning and investigate if it looks like their spawns are bugged in some way.

Hope you are able to complete your creature guide soon!

Thanks!
Last edited by ofmana; 17 Jul @ 8:49am
Bastion 17 Jul @ 6:25pm 
Originally posted by ofmana:
Hi there,

As far as we are aware none of these creatures are bugged in terms of their spawns, they are just amongst the rarest creatures in the game so only spawn in one or two locations and sometimes only once a day cycle so can be hard to find.

No creatures require the feeders to be found, the feeders are there to help you find some of the rarer creatures in the game once you've completed it.

We will keep an eye out for any more reports of these creatures not spawning and investigate if it looks like their spawns are bugged in some way.

Thanks!

Hey Dev, I've been flying around the mossy forest spamming the feeders for about an hour now, no forest gleeb. Pretty much the only thing left to catch. I see some people say they've found "a bunch" of them from any feeder in the forest, which sounds ridiculous to me.

If you say this thing can be found without using feeders, can you shed some light on the design of your spawning system? It looks like it follows "trends", similar to how cars spawn in GTA. You can scour the entire map for a specific thing, and it literally won't exist until that "trend" clicks on from the games RNG, and then you'll see dozens of them all over. Does this game utilize a similar system? I noticed for some of the rarer creatures, like the gormless sky fish, I'll go from not seeing any to seeing 2-3 all spawned at once. And if those are spawned, I won't see another rare creature in the wetlands. So basically, if one rare is out, the others aren't possible to spawn yet. Is any of that accurate?

Given all of that, can you reveal more specifics on the forest gleeb? Is it in a SPECIFIC spot in the mossy forest? Only a certain time of day? Will having a certain creature in your flock prevent it from spawning? Does it require a specific creature to be in your flock to spawn? The in-game description gives you nothing basically, and after an hour flying all over that forest, I'm becoming skeptical that this thing isn't bugged. And if you confirm that it really isn't bugged...why is it THIS rare to spawn, given that everything else in the game is more or less common enough to find within 10 minutes of continuous searching.

Appreciate any info you can give. This game is neat, but this last creature (along with filling the familiarity bars) is beginning to sour the experience a bit.
Last edited by Bastion; 17 Jul @ 6:27pm
'Araturo 17 Jul @ 9:14pm 
Hi there,

Thanks!

If it's not bugged it is unreasonably rare. I've spent over 3 hours looking for the forest gleeb... the gamplay loop is not fun enough for that kind of grind.
Reese 17 Jul @ 9:59pm 
The feeder u want is the south western most feeder in mossy forest. In the yellow tree area, it is above a pond and next to a wind tunnel orb. I just did it recently and found my first forest gleeb there, i did it again back to back and found two more. Usually feeders spawn 3 creatures but this one specifically spawns a 4th and for me its always been the forest gleeb. So make sure you wait and not rush away after seeing 3
Last edited by Reese; 17 Jul @ 10:07pm
ofmana  [developer] 18 Jul @ 5:14am 
Hi there,

Here's some more info about where the Forest Gleeb spawns, I'm going to put this behind spoiler text in case people don't want to see it.

The Forest Gleeb spawns in the southern end of the Moss Forest where there are more normal trees than big mushrooms, near the cave where the Encrusted Skyfish chase ends. There are no preconditions to it's spawning based on beasts you have in your flock.

The Forest Gleeb will only spawn once a day around the middle of the day and is similar to the Frilled Baffin and Morning & Moon Gleebs in that it will flee from the player so it could be that sometimes it spawned but got spooked by you before you noticed it and ran off around the surrounding area.

If it despawns then the game won't spawn a new Forest Gleeb until the next day.

As some people have noted, it can also be spawned by using the feeders, specifically the feeder near that area of the map towards the edge of mushrooms. That feeder can spawn a Forest Gleeb.

We take on board the feedback that it is maybe too rare currently and will review it's spawn rate to see if there are any changes we want to make.
Last edited by ofmana; 18 Jul @ 5:15am
Tay 18 Jul @ 5:18am 
Originally posted by Reese:
The feeder u want is the south western most feeder in mossy forest. In the yellow tree area, it is above a pond and next to a wind tunnel orb. I just did it recently and found my first forest gleeb there, i did it again back to back and found two more. Usually feeders spawn 3 creatures but this one specifically spawns a 4th and for me its always been the forest gleeb. So make sure you wait and not rush away after seeing 3
From my experience it seems some spawns for the rarer types are based on what time it is and specific locations. I got the Forest Gleeb at the south west feeder as mentioned above, no luck with any other feeders. I got the Yellowlegs during sunset hours on the western side of the wetlands.

I have everything except the Coppery Bewl which I'm having difficulty locating since it doesn't make any noise and I'm not sure what type of mushroom/berry I'm suppose to locate based on the advice the npc gives me (or the creature guide hint saying look for berry trees, I have no visual on what is considered a berry in this game when its in a mushroom forest).

I feel like there should be some spawn increase if you've completed the main game and are tracking the last few rarer types. As many have voiced the time spent to find them starts to sour the gameplay. I love this game nonetheless but the grind at the end is getting a bit draining due to the not overly helpful advice in game.
Originally posted by Tay:
I have everything except the Coppery Bewl which I'm having difficulty locating since it doesn't make any noise and I'm not sure what type of mushroom/berry I'm suppose to locate based on the advice the npc gives me (or the creature guide hint saying look for berry trees, I have no visual on what is considered a berry in this game when its in a mushroom forest).
You want to look for the green plants growing out of the ground that are covered in round half green/half orange fruit. Scan these and you’ll eventually pick up a Coppery Bewl.
Brad 18 Jul @ 10:19am 
Hi there,

Here's some more info about where the Forest Gleeb spawns, I'm going to put this behind spoiler text in case people don't want to see it.

The Forest Gleeb spawns in the southern end of the Moss Forest where there are more normal trees than big mushrooms, near the cave where the Encrusted Skyfish chase ends. There are no preconditions to it's spawning based on beasts you have in your flock.

The Forest Gleeb will only spawn once a day around the middle of the day and is similar to the Frilled Baffin and Morning & Moon Gleebs in that it will flee from the player so it could be that sometimes it spawned but got spooked by you before you noticed it and ran off around the surrounding area.

As some people have noted, it can also be spawned by using the feeders, specifically the feeder near that area of the map towards the edge of mushrooms. That feeder can spawn a Forest Gleeb.

We take on board the feedback that it is maybe too rare currently and will review it's spawn rate to see if there are any changes we want to make.

PLEASE increase the spawn rate for the forest gleeb and some of the other rarer spawns. The game is so fun when you're flying all over the place and finding lots of new stuff, but the endgame devolves into flying in circles over the same few spots until you happen to get lucky. Also, if you're identifying the creature for the first time, sometimes it is able to fly away before the cutscenes even end, which is extremely frustrating. I loved the game but it really ends on a sour note due to these reasons.
Last edited by Brad; 18 Jul @ 10:35am
Bastion 18 Jul @ 10:52am 
Hi there,

Really appreciate the information! After making my post I saw that people clarified it's the southwestern feeder that spawns the gleeb (indeed at 100% rate) and that it's the 4th creature to arrive at the feeder. I was leaving after seeing the 3rd, which explains why I never saw it initially.

That being said, that corner of the forest is pretty "empty", which may be why most people are missing the forest gleeb without resorting to the feeder solution. The other side of the forest has the mushroom "caves", along with the mossy walkway going down the middle of the forest. That corner, where the forest gleeb spawns, is pretty barren and I would never have thought to spend a significant amount of time there otherwise.

If I could put forward a suggestion, perhaps add a few other spawn spots (but still keep each spawn location to once a day) around the forest in some higher trafficked areas. Maybe specifically put one at the 2 large pools at the end of the walkway, since that's sort of a natural spot to investigate being that it's fairly unique and "important" looking. Even if that's the only extra spawn you add, it would A) give players more of a reason to continue exploring the forest rather than camping one spot and B) allow a greater chance of a player organically finding the forest gleeb since there would be 2 (or more, depending on the amount of spawn locations) spawned in at the same time, whilst still remaining rare due to it being only once a day.
yokkigr 20 Jul @ 6:49am 
Hi there,

Thanks!
both feeders by the wetlands only spawn 1 creature x3 each so far for me.
i cannot find the one that looks like a Stone
the one that hides in Graffity
and the flat one that elegendly floats around in grassland. these are impossible to find and i deny their existance.
Yeah maybe you guys should join a public game or something. I’ve seen everything spawn easily. Baritone burgbot was the toughest tho
< >
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
Per page: 1530 50