Flock
What the heck is a Boffon???
I'm trying to 100% the game and have charmed all the creatures, but in the achievements list is says "identify and 'catch' all [insert adorable creature name here] to become a boffon master" please help me ;--;
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Reese 19 Jul @ 12:46pm 
it is a creature family type, on the bottom right of the creature guide.
Originally posted by Reese:
it is a creature family type, on the bottom right of the creature guide.
Not a baffin, i've already charmed all of the creatures. In the achievements list it says ____Boffin for every family type, i'm asking what to do.
Last edited by Wingedmink; 19 Jul @ 3:58pm
Bastion 19 Jul @ 5:26pm 
It's for maxing out the familiarity meter for each creature family. Go to your creature guide, that meter above each family, it increases every time you tame a creature from that family. Max it out, you get an achievement, max it out for every family, you get another achievement.
Originally posted by Bastion:
It's for maxing out the familiarity meter for each creature family. Go to your creature guide, that meter above each family, it increases every time you tame a creature from that family. Max it out, you get an achievement, max it out for every family, you get another achievement.
Thank you!
Expanding on the achievement title itself, “boffin” is a word that people outside of the UK may not be familiar with.

From Wikipedia:
The term ‘boffin’ has become widely used in the UK popular media to refer to any scientist or scientific expert, especially those engaged in research. The Institute of Physics is running a campaign to limit this usage, due to the negative image.
I used to hear it used at school, usually as an insult against anyone that was smart.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50