Assassin's Creed

Assassin's Creed

Deadasfboi 19 Jun, 2022 @ 2:26am
I think I found another fix for AC1 Crashing/Freezing
Here's what I did.

In the Directory folder where you downloaded the game, go into the DirectX folder and click on DirectX Setup file. This fixed my freezing, and crashing.

Also in the same Directory where the game is installed, I sometimes click on testapp icon to startup the game, and I never have any crashing ever again also.

:Teuton:Blocking the files from internet didn't worked for me.

My specs: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6core+12threads
NVIDIA GTX 1050 ti 4Gb Vram (Desktop's version not that intergrated laptop one)
16Gb ram G.SKILL
Generic computer accessories Mouse/Keyboard Etc.
Monitor: Gigabyte curved 1920x1080 165Hertz

Keep this thread alive so other's can see, and ask. Thank you for your time. :Teuton:
< >
Showing 1-15 of 33 comments
JAE94 19 Jun, 2022 @ 11:43am 
Thank yoouuuu! Idk what was up with my game, usually it runs just fine but today it wouldn't stop freezing, I did the DirectX Setup and it fixed the issue.
I'm actually playing on an old Lenovo G580 Laptop i3 processor and intel HD Graphics lmao
Deadasfboi 19 Jun, 2022 @ 1:05pm 
Originally posted by JAE94:
Thank yoouuuu! Idk what was up with my game, usually it runs just fine but today it wouldn't stop freezing, I did the DirectX Setup and it fixed the issue.
I'm actually playing on an old Lenovo G580 Laptop i3 processor and intel HD Graphics lmao
I'm glad it helps! Oh yeah your laptop should run it. Game is decade old lol
Ubi-Orion  [developer] 20 Jun, 2022 @ 8:59am 
Hey there.

Thanks for sharing that with us. Hopefully this will assist others running the game on newer systems/OS.

Cheers!

- Ubisoft Support
Deadasfboi 22 Jun, 2022 @ 5:41am 
Originally posted by Ubi-Orion:
Hey there.

Thanks for sharing that with us. Hopefully this will assist others running the game on newer systems/OS.

Cheers!

- Ubisoft Support
Wow thank you so much for responding to this thread! Never had a developer respond to one of my threads before! Cheers to a great game!
Ubi-Thrupney  [developer] 25 Jun, 2022 @ 4:44am 
Heya Zem,

We're always glad to see players helping others to get our older games running, so the least we can do is post to show our appreciation :steamhappy: Glad to hear you've had a good time with Assassin's Creed!

- Ubisoft Support
Last edited by Ubi-Thrupney; 25 Jun, 2022 @ 4:44am
B-O-N 15 Jul, 2022 @ 10:01am 
Starting via testapp.exe in folder Assassins Creed worked for me, thx!
le.tigidou 29 Sep, 2023 @ 12:32am 
Unfortunately both these fixes don't work for me. I've been playing the game for 16 hours and everything was fine then all of a sudden today it's not playable. It frrezes for about 3 or 4 seconds every 30 to 60 seconds, Tried to verify integrity of game files, tried uninstalling and reinstalling and tried both fixes in this thread. Nothing,

The game start animation also skips like an old record. Tried other games they're all fine.

This is completely broken and if it cannot be fixed will never be able to finish the game and consequently the entire Assassin's creed franchise as I'm starting with the first game. Talk about throwing away 375 dollars...
Last edited by le.tigidou; 29 Sep, 2023 @ 12:33am
Spider 29 Sep, 2023 @ 1:22am 
it didnt work for me:(
Livinginfictions 29 Sep, 2023 @ 4:25am 
Originally posted by le.tigidou:
Unfortunately both these fixes don't work for me. I've been playing the game for 16 hours and everything was fine then all of a sudden today it's not playable. It frrezes for about 3 or 4 seconds every 30 to 60 seconds, Tried to verify integrity of game files, tried uninstalling and reinstalling and tried both fixes in this thread. Nothing,

The game start animation also skips like an old record. Tried other games they're all fine.

This is completely broken and if it cannot be fixed will never be able to finish the game and consequently the entire Assassin's creed franchise as I'm starting with the first game. Talk about throwing away 375 dollars...

Hey friend, not sure if you've seen the other posts about htis in the dicussion board. As of right now there's a known issue with freezing because of ubisoft updating servers. I've no idea how this supposedly works on the inside, but apparently AC1 is trying to connect to servers that don't exist. Eventually it's supposed to fix itself, but in the meantime, you should be able to play without this particular issue if you're willing to turn off the internet on your computer entirely. Unfortunately using offline mode or trying to use your firewall to block just this application from accessing the internet won't work. it has to be Completely off.
Livinginfictions 29 Sep, 2023 @ 4:25am 
Originally posted by Spider:
Hey I'mma point you to my above comment in case you haven't seen the other posts!
Spider 29 Sep, 2023 @ 5:47am 
Originally posted by Livinginfictions:
Hey I'mma point you to my above comment in case you haven't seen the other posts!
thank you so much that worked i hope the issue gets resolved soon tho
NCain 29 Sep, 2023 @ 5:53am 
thank you so much that worked i hope the issue gets resolved soon tho

It better. It's still a pay for product and they sell it at $20. They're just lucky that it's old, otherwise it would be refund city.
Lordgeorge16 29 Sep, 2023 @ 9:40pm 
Tried both fixes, no luck. It has to do with Ubisoft's dusty-ass servers being down and this game (which is a singleplayer game, mind you) is continuously trying to ping said servers for whatever unfathomable reason they need to ping them for. When said ping fails, your game freezes for a solid 5-10 seconds because that's just what they programmed it to do.

The devs keep saying "oh just turn off your wifi and you can play the game just fine :D" but that doesn't solve the core issue. What if I happen to be in a voice call and I want to play while I chat with my friends? What if I wanted to stream gameplay on YouTube or Twitch? Forcing always-online gameplay on an old singleplayer game is unprofessional and unacceptable. If you're reading this, you should be mad about it. You should tell the devs they need to fix this or patch out the always-online requirement. If we sit here and act like this is okay, then they assume we don't need anything to change.
Last edited by Lordgeorge16; 29 Sep, 2023 @ 9:44pm
Aprilcot 30 Sep, 2023 @ 6:51pm 
Originally posted by le.tigidou:

Hey friend, not sure if you've seen the other posts about htis in the dicussion board. As of right now there's a known issue with freezing because of ubisoft updating servers. I've no idea how this supposedly works on the inside, but apparently AC1 is trying to connect to servers that don't exist. Eventually it's supposed to fix itself, but in the meantime, you should be able to play without this particular issue if you're willing to turn off the internet on your computer entirely. Unfortunately using offline mode or trying to use your firewall to block just this application from accessing the internet won't work. it has to be Completely off.
This is the one that worked for me, much appreciated.
Peck1234 8 Oct, 2023 @ 11:35pm 
For me disabling my network adapter fixed the freezing issue. Very weird.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 33 comments
Per page: 1530 50