Galactic Glitch

Galactic Glitch

View Stats:
Gravity_Wolf 6 Nov, 2023 @ 3:38pm
Demo
I just played the Demo and found the game really fun. It reminds me of Cryptark, one of my favorite games, maybe just not as in-depth.

But what you have here is really fun. The shooting and throwing mechanic I think works really well. The dodge seems a little wonky to me. I found it hard to tell if I was dodging something or not...like if my timing was right.

Also I thought during the training it said to hold shift...I tried that and it didn't seem to do anything, so maybe I misunderstood. I would just keep hitting the Shift key to fire my special.

It's a fun game though. Good sounds and graphics. It's a buy from me when it's released.

:paperheart:Thanks!
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Max | Crunchy Leaf Games  [developer] 7 Nov, 2023 @ 8:47am 
Hey Gravity_Wolf,

Cool, thanks for the feedback and all the kind words.

Yeah, we're also not quite satisfied with the dodge visual and feedback yet, so we'll definitely improve that before release.

About holding Shift: That's strange, was the special not charged in the tutorial room for some reason?

In any case, thank again for your thoughts!
Gravity_Wolf 8 Nov, 2023 @ 8:23am 
So I played some more and beat the Demo (Maxed the Glitch/Beat the boss).

It's a really fun game. I really like the different weapon choices and different power-ups. Some playthroughs I have a shields or can throw larger boulders...fun mix.

I also like the variety of enemies and that they can damage each other or themselves with their own missile if you shoot it or get it to swing around on one of them, etc.

I've gotten more used to the dodging, but I still get hit by the circle wave blasts some enemies do. Even when I think my dodge should have dodged it. I think that's my only real annoyance. I'm not sure if it's just me with bad timing or if it's a graphical or hitbox thing with those bursts.

Again, I really enjoy what you've got here and look forward to playing the full game upon release! :poisonheart:
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 1530 50