Hammerwatch II

Hammerwatch II

View Stats:
I loved Hammerwatch + HoH should I get this ?
i played thro those 2 with a friend and loved it
would we enjoy this just the same?
i heard a lto of negative things about how the coop isnt up to bar or whatever

any thoughts ?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
yeah you should give it a try. It's a lot closer to hw1, but it's a massive expansion to the world in a semi-open environment that allows you to quest at your own pace. There's a few distractions like the walls of gadir minigame or gambling in arena duels or just a random cave you walked by. It also has a far larger skill tree, tiered equipment generation and legendary unique equipment, crafting systems, and shops for all sorts of things. The bosses are pretty cool too and some might have missed the optional bosses in the campaign
Razzle 31 Jul @ 1:28am 
Originally posted by Muffinwatch:
yeah you should give it a try. It's a lot closer to hw1, but it's a massive expansion to the world in a semi-open environment that allows you to quest at your own pace. There's a few distractions like the walls of gadir minigame or gambling in arena duels or just a random cave you walked by. It also has a far larger skill tree, tiered equipment generation and legendary unique equipment, crafting systems, and shops for all sorts of things. The bosses are pretty cool too and some might have missed the optional bosses in the campaign
hows the coop ?
is it fully playable coop together and no issues?
I never had any issues even with someone across the globe with ~250ping although connectivity is reported to be spotty for some
Play the original.
Razzle 2 Aug @ 10:05am 
Originally posted by PorterWake:
Play the original.
done that bro xd
JpVicVega 3 Aug @ 5:57pm 
This is a good game, it should have been called Hammerwatch RPG and it's fun but if you want to just get in and go with friends Anniversary edition is a good option imo.
i've seen that people were having trouble with the co-op because of network issues, but i personally never ran into any. had a blast playing through it singleplayer and with a friend, i'd say it's definitely worth a shot!
though, you should probably know that this game is considerably slower paced than the other entries, i'm ok with it because i'm always looking for things to do, but depending on the type of gamer you are you might get bored if you go exploring every single cave
toasted 18 Aug @ 5:00pm 
Originally posted by Razzle:
i played thro those 2 with a friend and loved it
would we enjoy this just the same?
i heard a lto of negative things about how the coop isnt up to bar or whatever

any thoughts ?
absolutely not, keep the memory of the good games this one was just a cash grab
Originally posted by toasted:
It definitely wasn't a cash grab, and I don't think you truly understand what a cash grab is. They wanted to try something new, something they themselves WANTED to try not only as devs, but as gamers themselves. After heavily watching discord for months before and after the release of HW2, it's far from a cash grab. It seemed like more of a passion thing for them. Not everything is going to be well received from the masses. It's all opinions, and not everyone is going to agree with it. If I was working on a game, and people didn't like it, I personally wouldn't give a ♥♥♥♥. I'd want to make it for myself, not for other people. If other people happened to like that said game, then that's just a bonus.
Originally posted by toasted:

Not true.

This game has tons of passion coded in it and it shows. it is just not what you expected. It is not a roguelite like HoH, nor a roguelike as HW1: it is an old school RPG through and through, with the combat mechanics from the saga.

And it is awesome. Although sadly we probably will not see much DLC or support since it flopped due to a clunky release.
Niall 1 Sep @ 9:20am 
Yeah I'm still waiting for a Gauntlet clone that is better than the 1985 arcade original. This is not it.
thank god it's not. I would've gotten bored so fast if it was just a gauntlet clone.
PorterWake 28 Sep @ 3:04pm 
Do not buy this game. Look at the reviews.
Yes, the game is perfect, it is still true action-based in heart with the right amount of (light) and correct RPG elements (by correct I mean it would not be appropriate to drop dozens of items so that time would be wasted on typical ARPG item comparison and stats' endless scrutiny, as the game is an action game), it is much more mature than the original HW, which, let's be honest here after a while became an unbalanced dizzy snooze -speedy gonzales- spamfest.

If you take a look at the negative reviews they are about 3 things:
- multiplayer disconnects: I haven't tried MP yet because I very much enjoy SP so I can't comment on that (yet)
- it is not like HoH: .... :facepalm: :orly:
- you have to backtrack or the enemies are not many enough: there's minimal backtrack - you can dash to move quicker doh, and the game is a much better and balanced experience with reducing the (ridiculous in HW1) enemy count so that it is not the spamfest HW1 was. It has just the right amount of enemies to be a great adventure. And there are places where the enemies are so many you'd wish they were fewer by yourself.

Too bad we won't see any DLC because ppl are f* stupid and hateful towards one of the best and very talented indie studios out there that put enormous amount of love and detail in every game they make. You deserve to be robbed by $60 "AAA" games made by suits, whose purpose is to kill indie studios anyway.

P.S. personally, although I was a big fan of HoH (375h until 2020) I'm kinda tired of the concept, start "naked", die, repeat the same maps 'til you get stronger/pray your random item won't suck. I prefer the ARPG model of HW2 where you don't suffer from this repetition and you see your character evolve and improve in a steady pace.
Last edited by punchobastardo; 19 Oct @ 2:16pm
Shazbot! 19 Oct @ 4:54pm 
I didn't care for it at release. Judging from the official updates I don't think anything has improved in the core game. Maybe there's mods but why not just make the core game itself not suck.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 1530 50