Forza Horizon 5

Forza Horizon 5

View Stats:
the.drewseph 13 Jul @ 11:01am
Electric Junk
It's bad enough that the world governments are trying to shove this electric car garbage down our throats in real life. Could you stop adding electric crap to the game? Real car people don't like them and don't want them. How about some more old muscle cars like the kind that are never featured in any games, like the Ford Torino or Maverick, Dodge Coronet, Panoz Esperante, More Saleens, Yenko cars, or more old JDM cars like Toyota Crown. Or even mini trucks like 90's Toyota, Nissan, Mazda, Ford Ranger, Chevy s10. Theres tons of cars out there still that enthusiasts would love to have added besides the electric bullcrap
< >
Showing 1-15 of 34 comments
TheHuskyGT 13 Jul @ 12:53pm 
I agree with you. Or at least let us do more with EV's, like I.C.E swap them. It's a game, after all.

The Dodge Coronet is in the game, by the way. The Ford Torino has been featured in other Forza games, so it shouldn't be hard to port it.
Kosmux 13 Jul @ 1:47pm 
Actually I enjoy the sound of it hitting 10k+ RPM without changing gears.
Originally posted by the.drewseph:
It's bad enough that the world governments are trying to shove this electric car garbage down our throats in real life. Could you stop adding electric crap to the game? Real car people don't like them and don't want them. How about some more old muscle cars like the kind that are never featured in any games, like the Ford Torino or Maverick, Dodge Coronet, Panoz Esperante, More Saleens, Yenko cars, or more old JDM cars like Toyota Crown. Or even mini trucks like 90's Toyota, Nissan, Mazda, Ford Ranger, Chevy s10. Theres tons of cars out there still that enthusiasts would love to have added besides the electric bullcrap
A worldwide conspiracy is afoot! "They" don't want you to know about it, but you will tell us.
Behind the scenes the leftist car cabal, firmly now in charge, are forcing automobile corporations to shove EVs down our throats and scrap gas-powered cars.

Oh, see the alarming elimination of gasoline-powered vehicles in showrooms worldwide!

And now to what Forza Horizon 5 game owners are suffering in our fantasy world too, as a community of pretend pro racecar drivers: this game is sometimes putting out electric cars as Seasonal Award cars for doing their prescribed grinding.

"Junk," like the EV Porsche currently up. :D

The game is a car collecting one on a massive scale. Probably a 1000 vehicles. They were putting all sorts of vehicles that were not racing cars out during the game's development (expansions in the works) and since the game was completed. Some that people didn't then and still now do not prefer. But there are several hundred cars total, so people were cool about it.

Some were panned because they aren't race cars. But a tenth of the entire inventory is already not race cars. They are plain and luxury, both, commuter cars! Notice that!?

To put 1000 cars into a game, some relative duds inevitably show up.

The game is completed; they are not all that concerned about putting out the gems you want. At one "update" car, every how many weeks apart (?), how and WHY do you, the.drewseph, think you will get such cars now-a-days?

They need 100-200 cars, held back for the next game. They aren't coming here. You think they are going to populate this completed game with such cars. ...Hey, check the car packs for some of your desired next game level cars. Do not rely on one car "updates" (Seasonal Award) for what you think is owed you for still owning the game!!

Haven't you got enough cars? If you haven't, get out there and work for them. Or pay $1 apiece (minimum of four at a time) for any car that's in the Autostore.
Last edited by the bat kite; 13 Jul @ 5:13pm
Visukinttu 14 Jul @ 11:38am 
Oh yes. The game has what, five electric cars? End of the world, clearly.

And yes, as we all know oil is an infinite resource. As much as you hate it one day there will be no oil. Then there are no gasoline powered cars, because gasoline is made from oil. Boy oh boy, I do wonder why the governments around the world are trying to figure out how to keep their citizen moving from point A to point B after oil runs out. Come on, now.
kireta 14 Jul @ 9:34pm 
Originally posted by Visukinttu:

And yes, as we all know oil is an infinite resource. As much as you hate it one day there will be no oil. Then there are no gasoline powered cars, because gasoline is made from oil. Boy oh boy, I do wonder why the governments around the world are trying to figure out how to keep their citizen moving from point A to point B after oil runs out. Come on, now.
Not sure if bait...

There are other ways. Bio-fuels, for example. But the oil companies wouldn't want that to happen, because money.
ph!l 15 Jul @ 12:47am 

Not sure how abundant you believe lithium to be.
Originally posted by TheHuskyGT:
There are other ways. Bio-fuels, for example. But the oil companies wouldn't want that to happen, because money.
To be honest I'm not an huge electric car fan as it's very expensive and not very cost-effective around here. I'm not against bio-fuel either. Or gasoline cars. Anybody end up sounding like an fossil stuck in the past trying to fight windmills when whining about electric cars. It's the future, like it or not.
Originally posted by ph!l:
Lithium isn't the one and only option for storing energy so imo your comment doesn't make much sense.
Lithium-ion batteries aren't the best anyway, because if it malfunctions it doesn't matter is it on your car or on your pocket, you'll have only a few seconds to get away from it. I've worked on an recycling center taking apart phones, tablets and laptops, and I will never take granted the stability of lithium-ion batteries ever again.
I want to longboard the roads , highways of Mexico, when is the oil running out so your EV cars won't even charge? [unless you got them diesel and solar panels in your boot - Like ELON WOULD :XP]
Lithium isn't the one and only option for storing energy so imo your comment doesn't make much sense.
Lithium-ion batteries aren't the best anyway, because if it malfunctions it doesn't matter is it on your car or on your pocket, you'll have only a few seconds to get away from it. I've worked on an recycling center taking apart phones, tablets and laptops, and I will never take granted the stability of lithium-ion batteries ever again.
What... You didn't like the power of the sun exploding for 3 minutes in your hands for no reason other than it had a microcrack that you bumped when you touched it? Totally sounds like a fun job man!
Seriously, they're mostly in the game because the manufacturers will have mandated it in the deal to allow their other cars. Ford DGAF if you can or can't drive a '69 Mustang in this game but they sure as hell want you to buy whatever their electric truck is. It's just economics.
It's also economics to hold back on a future 100+ brand new conventional race cars to come for the next game. This completed game still needs a steady supply of Seasonal Reward vehicles to "update" it. P.G./Turn 10 isn't going to be giving us their best off of the FH6 drawing board from this point forward as Seasonal Award vehicles. They will bust out some next level "game 6" type cars for the car packs.

Forza Horizon 6 will have a ton of cars that are just modern high-tech cars, cool enough to some, but basically your full spectrum of luxury commuters plus the slowly increasing number, now-a-days, of performance electric vehicles to fill-out the mandatory 1,000+ vehicle inventory. That works, because a massive car collection is half of what this soon to be 3 game franchise will be 'about' [and] a unique contribution that many people really like. No other company does it - at least not yet. Given the choice, Ubisoft didn't go anywhere near there with The Crew: Motorfest.
Last edited by the bat kite; 16 Jul @ 2:49am
SoanoS 16 Jul @ 7:04am 
It is kinda amusing to watch people QQ about electric vehicles in a video game. If they don't like them they do not have to use them. But EVs have come to stay and they are becoming better and better by the day as the tech improves.

Look up molten salt batteries. 4 times the capacity of lithium ion batteries by utilizing sea salt. A new, upcoming battery tech. Now, I wonder where can we could find all that salt...

Maybe Steam discussion groups? :)
ph!l 16 Jul @ 7:22am 
Originally posted by SoanoS:
It is kinda amusing to watch people QQ about electric vehicles in a video game. If they don't like them they do not have to use them. But EVs have come to stay and they are becoming better and better by the day as the tech improves.

Look up molten salt batteries. 4 times the capacity of lithium ion batteries by utilizing sea salt. A new, upcoming battery tech. Now, I wonder where can we could find all that salt...

Maybe Steam discussion groups? :)
Quote was about the finite source of oil vs current battery tech. Congrats on having salt batteries, the EV's in the game are all powered by Li.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 34 comments
Per page: 1530 50