Derelicts

Derelicts

Money_Badger 30 Jan, 2023 @ 12:20pm
Release date?
just stumbled across this game looks hella fun. any ideas of a rough release date.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 119 comments
Hoodie 31 Jan, 2023 @ 1:11am 
Its like a "The day before" thing
zEn 31 Jan, 2023 @ 4:38am 
Originally posted by Hoodie:

except Derelicts is developed by one person vs a team for the Day Before, not to mention no actual precise release date has been officially and surely set in stone for Derelicts so nothing comparable ...
Recon 31 Jan, 2023 @ 7:17am 

Stop messing with indie developers..... You guys have no idea what your talking about...

Steam needs to deal with you people trolling indie developers....

Day before got delayed, which happens..... go make a game and then come back and talk to developers and anyone who has.... before making silly comments...

Last edited by Recon; 31 Jan, 2023 @ 7:18am
Recon 31 Jan, 2023 @ 7:19am 
Originally posted by zEn:

except Derelicts is developed by one person vs a team for the Day Before, not to mention no actual precise release date has been officially and surely set in stone for Derelicts so nothing comparable ...

They are trolling all indie developers... Hopefully Steam deals with them.. its getting annoying.. I wouldn't even give them the time of day..
Last edited by Recon; 31 Jan, 2023 @ 7:19am
Hoodie 2 Feb, 2023 @ 2:21am 
I not trolling bud ... I see this game now nearly one year on steam. Thats just a joke.
Winter Wombat 2 Feb, 2023 @ 1:44pm 
Any game being developed by just one dude is in an inherently precarious position. Even if we assume that this person is 100% trustworthy and 100% committed to the project, they're still susceptible to all manner of potential personal, medical, or economical issues. There's no way to predict a lot of these problems, and no backup to pick up the slack if that one person can't work on the game for a length of time.

This game may take years more to produce. It may never come out. That's the downside to getting invested in a project of this scale from an independent solo developer. It's nothing worth getting bitter over.
DrEvilHomer 3 Feb, 2023 @ 8:15pm 
I not trolling bud ... I see this game now nearly one year on steam. Thats just a joke.

Not trolling... continues to troll.
Recon 3 Feb, 2023 @ 8:17pm 
Originally posted by Winter Wombat:
Any game being developed by just one dude is in an inherently precarious position. Even if we assume that this person is 100% trustworthy and 100% committed to the project, they're still susceptible to all manner of potential personal, medical, or economical issues. There's no way to predict a lot of these problems, and no backup to pick up the slack if that one person can't work on the game for a length of time.

This game may take years more to produce. It may never come out. That's the downside to getting invested in a project of this scale from an independent solo developer. It's nothing worth getting bitter over.

Your 100% correct and fair, but to many people attack indie devs for not making posts every day or making videos every day, so they need to chill out, to many are saying this game is a scam or that.. Which is not the case, when they have not made a dime, and things do happen even for larger companies... I can't count how many games I been apart of, where the game was never finished, due to many reasons or AAA game may get canceled this is the nature of the industry...

So what you said was fair and respectful, but there is alot of trolls and people being unfair and not reasonable to indie devs. Sadly now a days and its got worse . So I try and support them, when I can, as I understand how it is. Gamers have not spent a dime, so alot of them are not being reasonable.

Asking questions is fine and reasonable, but we see alot of people assuming , trolling or just being ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ all together, its just not cool.. When developers bust there ass and many times for little pay ....

Anyways be well, I look forward to seeing what else the developer makes. :)
Last edited by Recon; 3 Feb, 2023 @ 8:19pm
Jeanie Bee 5 Feb, 2023 @ 12:43am 
Originally posted by Recon:
Originally posted by Winter Wombat:

Your 100% correct and fair, but to many people attack indie devs for not making posts every day or making videos every day, so they need to chill out, to many are saying this game is a scam or that.. Which is not the case, when they have not made a dime, and things do happen even for larger companies... I can't count how many games I been apart of, where the game was never finished, due to many reasons or AAA game may get canceled this is the nature of the industry...

So what you said was fair and respectful, but there is alot of trolls and people being unfair and not reasonable to indie devs. Sadly now a days and its got worse . So I try and support them, when I can, as I understand how it is. Gamers have not spent a dime, so alot of them are not being reasonable.

Asking questions is fine and reasonable, but we see alot of people assuming , trolling or just being ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ all together, its just not cool.. When developers bust there ass and many times for little pay ....

Anyways be well, I look forward to seeing what else the developer makes. :)

when is the last time the dev updated this thread? or any thread? i havent checked discord but not much from the dev there either? maybe he is gone, maybe covid got them who knows but nothing is happening and this game has been on my wishlist for 2 years
stargit 5 Feb, 2023 @ 1:23am 

They are trolling all indie developers... Hopefully Steam deals with them.. its getting annoying.. I wouldn't even give them the time of day..

It's the other way round.

This game was supposed to come out at the end of last year.
The same goes for the forest 2 and starfield and many more.

Do you see a pattern here.
zEn 12 Feb, 2023 @ 2:57am 
Originally posted by Jeanie B:

[...] i havent checked discord [...]

That's the point, Romain is still very active on Discord.

Originally posted by stargit:

You seem to either forget he is alone making the game, or maybe you has no clue on what's the amount of time/work needed to craft a game with such scale , even more solo. On discord we're having some news regularly (not everyday though).

I do prefer he spends his time working on the game instead of communicating. I admit communication is part of the process but please put yourself in his shoes 5 minutes and you'll see it's more easy to say is doing nothing than actually working on the game.

Also, there's plenty of games to be played before Derelicts comes out, so chill out, no need to troll / bash Romain for a lack of information (while there are some on Discord) .
I'm pretty confident he's doing his best to polish the game and I can assure he's wanting as much as you to release the game when he'll be satisfied with its content/mechanics/quality.

So yeah basically you'll have to wait for more news, they'll come sooner or later.
Last edited by zEn; 12 Feb, 2023 @ 9:34am
Romain  [developer] 13 Feb, 2023 @ 11:54am 
Don't worry guys, don't feed the trolls :).
stargit 17 Feb, 2023 @ 12:28am 
Originally posted by Jeanie B:

[...] i havent checked discord [...]

That's the point, Romain is still very active on Discord.

You seem to either forget he is alone making the game, or maybe you has no clue on what's the amount of time/work needed to craft a game with such scale , even more solo. On discord we're having some news regularly (not everyday though).

I do prefer he spends his time working on the game instead of communicating. I admit communication is part of the process but please put yourself in his shoes 5 minutes and you'll see it's more easy to say is doing nothing than actually working on the game.

Also, there's plenty of games to be played before Derelicts comes out, so chill out, no need to troll / bash Romain for a lack of information (while there are some on Discord) .
I'm pretty confident he's doing his best to polish the game and I can assure he's wanting as much as you to release the game when he'll be satisfied with its content/mechanics/quality.

So yeah basically you'll have to wait for more news, they'll come sooner or later.

Where was I lying? Please point it out.
I haven't bashed anyone. I have stated facts.
stargit 17 Feb, 2023 @ 12:30am 
Originally posted by Romain:

Sorry but you did post it was going to be out last year.
I did say to you that you came to early to steam(I was right)

Not a troll. Just pointing out facts.
Romain  [developer] 26 Feb, 2023 @ 10:38am 
Originally posted by Romain:

Sorry but you did post it was going to be out last year.
I did say to you that you came to early to steam(I was right)

Not a troll. Just pointing out facts.

It's never too early to be on Steam. It's just that you must be patient so the game comes in due time.
You have a whole world of other games to play in the meantime. There are trillion games out there.
It takes time to make a great game, especially when you're solo working on it.

Also, I'm giving updates about my progress literally every day on social networks and Discord. Feel free to visit the server if you want to keep an eye on what I'm working on and if that can reassure you about the game.
Last edited by Romain; 26 Feb, 2023 @ 10:41am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 119 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 30 Jan, 2023 @ 12:20pm