Dread Delusion

Dread Delusion

View Stats:
This topic has been locked
Akulakhan 21 Jun @ 9:18am
LGBTQ+ Tag
Hi, this game is missing the LGBTQ+ tag on it's store page even though the game has many LGBTQ characters and themes in it and I was wondering if the developer could add that manually to the game page or does the community have to add it?
I'm asking because it's missing the tag so the game isn't getting picked up by my blacklist filter and blocked so i can still see the game on steams store page.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 196 comments
.vad//hakara 21 Jun @ 4:13pm 
A game just happening to include characters who happen to be LGBTQ+ doesn't mean the game has to have that tag, because the game isn't ABOUT being gay or trans. You may notice that the game also doesn't include any tags about mushrooms, castles, swords, airships, or goblins, even though I'm sure that people exist who irrationally fear some of those things as well.
waow.
imagine have a "blacklist filter" Lmao
Akulakhan 21 Jun @ 7:19pm 
Originally posted by .vad//hakara:
A game just happening to include characters who happen to be LGBTQ+ doesn't mean the game has to have that tag, because the game isn't ABOUT being gay or trans. You may notice that the game also doesn't include any tags about mushrooms, castles, swords, airships, or goblins, even though I'm sure that people exist who irrationally fear some of those things as well.
There aren't tags for mushrooms or castles so they can't but there is one for LGBTQ+ which the game should have even if it's just part of the side quests but considering the story of the main quest and it's communist themes the politics tag would also make sense.
Bugscuttle 23 Jun @ 3:42pm 
Watch out gamers, Grandpa Patrol is here!
"They's turnin' the dang frogs gayyyyy"
V.V. 24 Jun @ 5:08am 
Do you even own the game?
V.V. 24 Jun @ 6:56am 
Originally posted by Velvet_Thorns:

Due to the fact there is no indication they own it on steam currently, I would bet not.

There is a small mouse icon by their username which would note if they own the game or not.
Yeah, that's why I'm confused, they seem to suggest they have played the game (idk if they have or not), but don't appear to own it. And if they played it one some other site and don't want to see it on Steam, they can just block it themselves.

It's such a pointless request that I wouldn't even waste energy on. Some folks have way too much time on their hands.
Last edited by V.V.; 24 Jun @ 7:02am
Originally posted by V.V.:
Originally posted by Velvet_Thorns:

Due to the fact there is no indication they own it on steam currently, I would bet not.

There is a small mouse icon by their username which would note if they own the game or not.
Yeah, that's why I'm confused, they seem to suggest they have played the game (idk if they have or not), but don't appear to own it. And if they played it one some other site and don't want to see it on Steam, they can just block it themselves.

It's such a pointless request that I wouldn't even waste energy on. Some folks have way too much time on their hands.
Why would i be talking about having a game not getting picked up and blocked my filter if i owned it and played it? Your question doesn't make any sense and ignores everything i already said. The problem is that the game is missing tags on it's store page which it should have so it isn't being properly labeled and blocked by the steam store's filter.
V.V. 24 Jun @ 9:57am 
Originally posted by Akulakhan:
The post and discussion has nothing to do with playing the game it's about the game being improperly labeled on it's page and it's already been repeatedly stated that the game has LGBTQ+ characters and themes so the tag does fit the game and should be there and i'm already making use of the store's blacklisting feature and i shouldn't have to manually ignore each game just because someone forgot to correctly label their product.
Please take time to actually read other user's posts in the discussion before you quote people and add to the conversation.

I've personally never ran into any LGBTQ+ themes, but you seem adamant (despite never having played the game personally) it has them, SO, why don't you direct me to where exactly they are so I can understand why YOU think this game needs an LGBTQ+ tag.

You're too lazy to ignore something, so you take the time and effort to go into the community tab and discussion to write a post about how there needs to be a tag added so that your blacklist automatically blocks the game you don't want to see, even though you could have easily ignored it and moved on...

:MindBlank:

Unless this game is specifically about LGBTQ+, no tag is needed for it.
I think you're exactly the sort of person who could use some exposure to LGBT+ things. This is good for you.
This is either to farm Jesters. Or someone got triggered and buttblasted that they saw lgbt person in a game? People are so sensitive nowadays that you need a content block as a grown adult.

I really hope this is just trolling for jesters awards. That is somehow less pathetic. :steambored:
Last edited by Veep[Goblin]; 24 Jun @ 12:03pm
Bugscuttle 24 Jun @ 2:04pm 
Are there no moderators on Steam? I feel like trolls can run their political garbage all over these forums.
We get it. You're afraid of people who are different from you. Just try to cope and move on. If you don't like a TV show, don't watch it. If you find a book offensive, don't read it.
Just take your whinging elsewhere!
The post and discussion has nothing to do with playing the game it's about the game being improperly labeled on it's page and it's already been repeatedly stated that the game has LGBTQ+ characters and themes so the tag does fit the game and should be there and i'm already making use of the store's blacklisting feature and i shouldn't have to manually ignore each game just because someone forgot to correctly label their product.
Please take time to actually read other user's posts in the discussion before you quote people and add to the conversation.

I've personally never ran into any LGBTQ+ themes, but you seem adamant (despite never having played the game personally) it has them, SO, why don't you direct me to where exactly they are so I can understand why YOU think this game needs an LGBTQ+ tag.

You're too lazy to ignore something, so you take the time and effort to go into the community tab and discussion to write a post about how there needs to be a tag added so that your blacklist automatically blocks the game you don't want to see, even though you could have easily ignored it and moved on...

Game has a side quest involving a transgender character and a side quest involving a gay man with dialogue discussing their homosexuality and transgenderism so yes there is LGBTQ+ themes in game no matter how much you want to deny them and the game should be labeled properly and i should not have to go through extra effort just because it was incorrectly labeled. I'm not sure if they are just side quest characters or part of the main story but either way the game should have the LGBTQ+ tag added because of the content.
Originally posted by Bugscuttle:
Are there no moderators on Steam? I feel like trolls can run their political garbage all over these forums.
We get it. You're afraid of people who are different from you. Just try to cope and move on. If you don't like a TV show, don't watch it. If you find a book offensive, don't read it.
Just take your whinging elsewhere!
Never said i was afraid of anything and there's nothing political about it because it's entirely about a game tag on the steam store page and your attempting to twist it into something else and your solution to the problem of ignoring stuff doesn't work that's my entire point is that they are evading my black list filter on the steam store by incorrectly labeling products.
V.V. 24 Jun @ 5:19pm 
Game has a side quest involving a transgender character and a side quest involving a gay man with dialogue discussing their homosexuality and transgenderism so yes there is LGBTQ+ themes in game no matter how much you want to deny them and the game should be labeled properly and i should not have to go through extra effort just because it was incorrectly labeled. I'm not sure if they are just side quest characters or part of the main story but either way the game should have the LGBTQ+ tag added because of the content.

... A side quest? So basically something you can miss or you don't even have to go through with, is your shining example of LGBTQ+ representation? Thats it? Apparently this character is incredibly forgettable because I can't find any information about them, and I probably missed them somewhere. And since you don't even know if they are gay or trans, then I guess asking you for more information is basically just going to lead me to nowhere.

Being gay isn't even an LGBTQ+ thing anymore. Theres two communities now, and it's all because the new LGBTQ+ are redefining what gay even is (aswell as other controversial topics that conflict with oldschool LGB), and pushing out the OG's for not going with it. The old gay community want nothing to do with the new LGBTQ+.

You're the one putting in extra effort to post and reply here, when all you could have done was click the ignore button on the store page.

Okay so i double checked and the game has 2 homosexual npcs which are involved in the main quest and have a heavy influence on the story they are called Caxton Frost and Sammel and the transgender npc is called aphra and is only in a side quest.

So as it turns out everything you said was actually a lie and i somehow know more about the game then you do without actually owning it and never having played it.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 196 comments
Per page: 1530 50