Dread Delusion

Dread Delusion

View Stats:
Performance problem on linux
Still experiencing issues with sub-30fps drops when looking in certain directions even after performance patch. The issues didn't occur in EA. The game is frankly unplayable for me, even tho I have better than recommended system configuration.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
I've only been trying to play it on my Steam Deck since it officially came out. This recent patch has helped a bit ... I'm seeing now closer to 40 fps drops now, where before it was worse. But even in that starting area it's definitely not stable at even a locked 40, never mind what I was hoping for.

Bummer. But they are working on it. Is the PC version much smoother? This doesn't feel like a "get better specs" issue; it feels more like optimization. I'm envious of people with late game bugs, haha ... I just want to explore this world!
carni 22 Jun @ 6:50am 
Originally posted by Random Dent:
I've only been trying to play it on my Steam Deck since it officially came out. This recent patch has helped a bit ... I'm seeing now closer to 40 fps drops now, where before it was worse. But even in that starting area it's definitely not stable at even a locked 40, never mind what I was hoping for.

Bummer. But they are working on it. Is the PC version much smoother? This doesn't feel like a "get better specs" issue; it feels more like optimization. I'm envious of people with late game bugs, haha ... I just want to explore this world!
I'm running it on rx 6600 and I'm getting 25 fps in the starting zone in some directions.
Evilnapkin 22 Jun @ 11:18am 
On Deck, it will still say only using about 60% tops for CPU and GPU and drop below 60.
Ranch 30 Jun @ 2:14pm 
Im on the same boat. I made a new save and in the starting area i go from upper 30s to 144 in the span of seconds. Its insane that this issue didnt exist prior to 1.0.
Originally posted by Ranch:
Im on the same boat. I made a new save and in the starting area i go from upper 30s to 144 in the span of seconds. Its insane that this issue didnt exist prior to 1.0.

I've seen some quick dips but nothing else. And, to be fair, a lot has been added to the game in terms of visuals from what I can see. As long as the dev is resolved to fixing it, I wouldn't say it's a huge concern, though annoying nonetheless.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50