BONELAB

BONELAB

View Stats:
Warentan 29 Apr, 2023 @ 8:56pm
To everyone mad about bonelab...
If you pay attention, you'll realize that Bonelab is NOT intended to be a full game, nor a sequel to Boneworks.

It's more like a public experiment for SLZ to mess around with physics (That's why it's an EXPERIMENTAL physics game.) so they can get a feel for what to add to other games and such. They just made it cooler by turning the entire thing into an ARG that implements every single aspect from game devs (id cards found around areas are real devs that worked on Bonelab) to the inner workings of the game ([RIG] diagram.).
Bonelab was never intended to be Boneworks 2. It was all just a test. The reason Bonelab hasn't had an update recently is probably because SLZ is either working on something else, planning a lot of experiments and taking extra time to make them, or just has everything figured out for now. (Also, seriously!? You're whining about not having an update in 5 months!? Lots of other games have larger dev teams and take longer than that for less content!)

Also, take a look at the name. Bone LAB. Laboratory. Experiments. Messing Around. Sandbox. Sandbox. Sandbox. Sandbox. If you look at the description, at the very end it says "No wrong answers." Bonelab is meant to be a SANDBOX game, not the whole storyline we got and honestly I don't think we deserved.

Also, you don't NEED mods to have fun. Make do with what you have, I promise you'll have fun. If you have a creativity deficiency, then this isn't the game for you. I cannot stress this enough, it is a SANDBOX game. You need to be creative to have fun. Experiment. For example, I found out that you can use the Nimbus gun as a weapon by ramming into people! That was creative, and fun to use! And I didn't even need a single mod! If you can follow Jimmy's instructions and stop playing the game it's normally played, then you can make something great and have fun the way you're supposed to.

Also if you're mad about the price then look at it this way; Garry's mod costs 9.99 but TF2 is free and they both run on the same engine and Garry's mod has a 10/10 rating... It'd be more logical to get mad at them for their price, instead if you hate this price so much ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Also here's an example for you $10 people: boneworks is a $30 theme park. You can pay $40 extra to get a backstage view of the themepark, which is bonelab. IMO it's not that much, especially considering that it's made by an indie studio comprised of ~25 employees that need to eat...

Also I'm not reading most comments since I know its just gonna be a bunch of salty people that buy battle-passes and can't comprehend something original

Edit: send me all your jesters because it invalidates my facts and definitely doesn't give me steam points (4500 points racked up so far, and also ty to everyone sending genuine awards <3)
Last edited by Warentan; 21 May, 2023 @ 10:04am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 46 comments
Yutiradon 29 Apr, 2023 @ 10:06pm 
I'd give you the clown thingy but that gives you points, so thumbs down :steamthumbsdown:
Warentan 29 Apr, 2023 @ 11:35pm 
Originally posted by Yutiradon:
I'd give you the clown thingy but that gives you points, so thumbs down :steamthumbsdown:
L
TrafficCone 30 Apr, 2023 @ 10:35am 
Stage One: Denial
Rubber 30 Apr, 2023 @ 10:56am 
Originally posted by Yutiradon:

I gave you deep toughts for smart comment!

W
Warentan 30 Apr, 2023 @ 4:59pm 
Originally posted by TrafficCone:
Stage One: Denial
Stage Zero: Understanding :steamsalty:
skru™ 1 May, 2023 @ 8:57am 
Pleb alert!
Warentan 2 May, 2023 @ 12:20pm 
Originally posted by skru™:
Pleb alert!
ty for the 200 points :steammocking:
galunga 2 May, 2023 @ 10:38pm 
you've got a good point
Simply Clueless 3 May, 2023 @ 4:53am 
feels like bonelab should have come out before boneworks then doesn't if. If they're just doing tests they shouldn't have a great game already released for years...
IzzyFizzyDoo 3 May, 2023 @ 4:13pm 
dont listen to the haters OP, you are right. people gonna hate because they apparently hate this game so much but play it for longer than 2 hours and dont get their refund so they spam on reddit or steam how much they hate this game.
its decent and has many modding capabilities and possibilites.
ignore the angry mob.
LordReesesPieces 3 May, 2023 @ 4:48pm 
Its 40 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ dollars and it is "not intended to be a full game"???
LordReesesPieces 3 May, 2023 @ 4:49pm 
It doesn't matter what the games intentions were, they clearly had a miscommunication about how short the game was, and what extra content there would be after finishing the game, then they decided to say NOTHING after launch. They have committed 2 years of development to the game, we are 8 months in, and we have gotten 2 and a half patches.
Then why does it cost so much. If it's an exeperiment it should cost less than the full game
ImNotFine 6 May, 2023 @ 8:03pm 
Originally posted by Stog:
If you pay attention, you'll realize that Bonelab is NOT intended to be a full game, nor a sequel to Boneworks.

It's more like a public experiment for SLZ to mess around with physics (That's why it's an EXPERIMENTAL physics game.) so they can get a feel for what to add to other games and such. They just made it cooler by turning the entire thing into an ARG that implements every single aspect from game devs (id cards found around areas are real devs that worked on Bonelab) to the inner workings of the game ([RIG] diagram.).
Bonelab was never intended to be Boneworks 2. It was all just a test. The reason Bonelab hasn't had an update recently is probably because SLZ is either working on something else, planning a lot of experiments and taking extra time to make them, or just has everything figured out for now. (Also, seriously!? You're whining about not having an update in 5 months!? Lots of other games have larger dev teams and take longer than that for less content!)

Also, take a look at the name. Bone LAB. Laboratory. Experiments. Messing Around. Sandbox. Sandbox. Sandbox. Sandbox. If you look at the description, at the very end it says "No wrong answers." Bonelab is meant to be a SANDBOX game, not the whole storyline we got and honestly I don't think we deserved.

Also, you don't NEED mods to have fun. Make do with what you have, I promise you'll have fun. If you have a creativity deficiency, then this isn't the game for you. I cannot stress this enough, it is a SANDBOX game. You need to be creative to have fun. Experiment. For example, I found out that you can use the Nimbus gun as a weapon by ramming into people! That was creative, and fun to use! And I didn't even need a single mod! If you can follow Jimmy's instructions and stop playing the game it's normally played, then you can make something great and have fun the way you're supposed to.

Also if you're mad about the price then look at it this way; Garry's mod costs 9.99 but TF2 is free and they both run on the same engine and Garry's mod has a 10/10 rating... It'd be more logical to get mad at them for their price, instead if you hate this price so much ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also I'm not reading comments since I know its just gonna be a bunch of salty soyboys that buy battle-passes and can't comprehend something original :steamsalty::steamsalty::steamsalty:

Edit: send me all your jesters because it invalidates my facts and definitely doesn't give me steam points
the problem with that is that they are charging more than boneworks for what is essentially less than a third of the content in that game and they advertised it like it was going to be a sequel to boneworks. its hard not to blame them when they are to blame. if they advertised the game properly thing would've gone smoother
Boomen 11 May, 2023 @ 11:53pm 
i agree, could be a lil cheaper but i like it, its fun:spider_love:
< >
Showing 1-15 of 46 comments
Per page: 1530 50