BONELAB

BONELAB

View Stats:
Developers are ruining their games with excessive updates
Hey, have you noticed how messy the new updates for the games in 2024 are? Patch 4 has been especially problem for me, I keep getting stuck on the initial loading screen. Apparently they added the Mixed Reality OpenXR feature, but to be honest, it feels pretty useless. All it does is synchronize your head movements with your body which doesn't seem necessary, especially when we already have full trackers for VR

These updates break the most beloved mods. Both Fallout 4 and Bonelab have experienced this unfortunate problem
Last edited by Reveloper; 10 Jun @ 4:49am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
After 2 years, ya finally getting wot they promised, an still u complain.. AY carumba.

Jus so ya know, apart from Bsoft's own CC stuff, an SLZ's own MODS, game publishers, really dont have to worry about breaking MODS... So they dont.
Last edited by worm_master; 10 Jun @ 9:36am
Reveloper 10 Jun @ 12:52pm 
Originally posted by worm_master:
After 2 years, ya finally getting wot they promised, an still u complain.. AY carumba.

Jus so ya know, apart from Bsoft's own CC stuff, an SLZ's own MODS, game publishers, really dont have to worry about breaking MODS... So they dont.

If you notice, they are doing it wrong, they should care about mods, without mods the game is not fun.

And I think the game developers can do it without changing the code in the update for mods to work. They just need to push themselves
Why would they care about something, that didn't make them money? As far as the games owners are concerned, those mods are unauthorised, an thus unimportant.

In reality, since some mods actively alter "copy righted" etc code, the modders, are the ones in the wrong.

It's not impossible, that the game company's could sue those modders, but they don't, coz they know, as u said, mods are what makes the game, in return, they don't care, if said unauthorised mod gets destroyed.
2B 11 Jun @ 1:26am 
I dont think thats right about mods being unauthorized or bannable, they advertised creating mods, they genuinely wanted a community of modders. They wanted the game to be like gmod, and I would wager without mods this game doesn't have much, and this was intentional by developers to rely on modders adding content.
Wernt talking about games like Bonelab. Still, unless these MODS came direct from SLZ they are by definition 3rd party,
Originally posted by Reveloper:

If you notice, they are doing it wrong, they should care about mods, without mods the game is not fun.

And I think the game developers can do it without changing the code in the update for mods to work. They just need to push themselves

they dont have to care abt the mods its up too the mod creators to not be lazy and update there mods. stop complaining man.
Originally posted by Cheeto....:
Originally posted by Reveloper:

they dont have to care abt the mods its up too the mod creators to not be lazy and update there mods. stop complaining man.
I mean, yeah, that would apply in games like Half-Life 2 that game itself is perfectly fine,
but in Bonelab's case, the game is insubstantial without the mods.

because the main game, campaign, minigames, sandboxs are stitched together from assets from boneworks with bare minimum amount of insulting low-effort to make it function
Nanaki 13 Jun @ 7:33am 
Originally posted by WitheredVirusN100:
Originally posted by Cheeto....:

I mean, yeah, that would apply in games like Half-Life 2 that game itself is perfectly fine,
but in Bonelab's case, the game is insubstantial without the mods.

because the main game, campaign, minigames, sandboxs are stitched together from assets from boneworks with bare minimum amount of insulting low-effort to make it function
The devs can only update the game, there is ♥♥♥♥ all they can do about the mods, it's not that they don't care, it's just they didn't make the things, it is always up to the mod creator to update them.

when the whole purpose of your game is to be moddable, yeah you kinda have to care about breaking mods dude. their whole excuse for the lack of content was "its up to you guys to make it". did you not pay attention to the dialogue of the game?
Yet another, read properly will you? why do i even bother, writing stuff, when people cant understand what I wrote...
Do you understand these words appearing before you? or is this another wasted post?
Last edited by worm_master; 14 Jun @ 10:30pm
turfish 15 Jun @ 7:04am 
Im sorry right, this was an ENGINE LEVEL UPDATE, there is literally NO chance you would've been able to keep your mods from Patch 3 working in this Patch, whilst not alot changed on the surface, wayy too much changed underneath for mods to work without issues.

Yes, the game is made to have mods, but literally every other game that has mods in it has this issue, the only ones that dont are games that are feature complete and the only updates they do are bug fixes.

Look, you can think the devs can do it as much as you want, but that's the great thing about it, I could think about having millions of dollars, but that doesn't mean I get it!
Last edited by turfish; 15 Jun @ 7:06am
You can still play patch 3 while waiting for the mods to update; it's still available in the betas.
This will allow you to continue to play with your favorite mods.
Last edited by CosmicCrafter707; 11 Jul @ 3:30pm
Don't you think a code could update the codes within a mod with new ones? This is actually possible, and this way, the mods in Patch 3 would work.
What I'm saying they don't care about mods because they do everything for money. At the same time, they make things difficult for the modders. Some of them don't even update their mods to Patch 4.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
Per page: 1530 50