Terra Nil

Terra Nil

View Stats:
[FNW] Alpinwolf 30 Mar, 2023 @ 4:31pm
[BUG] Report - Disappearing / Invisible Buildings on Resume
I was mid-map at home, exited the map & game gracefully, then resumed the same map/profile during lunch break at work. The existing Excavators and a couple wind turbines disappeared.

I could not interact with them, although mouse-hover would indicate what was there. The ground beneath was visible instead. When recycling later, those phantom buildings did not get picked up, but they also didn't count against the recycling percentage. But I was also unable to build over them or connect to the power from the windmills. Could not build another windmill in the area forbidden by the phantom one. I tried locally closing the game and reloading, and it remembered my session but the same buildings were still invisible & glitched.

I don't know how to repro, unfortunately. Didn't see any other reports quite like this. Anyone else? I'll add a screenshot later if I can, but I've already finished that session at this point.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
dcstewart 1 Apr, 2023 @ 2:20pm 
Same here. River Bottom map, difficulty set to Environmental Engineer. A wind turbine became invisible after an exit/resume. When placing a toxin scrubber the turbine footprint became visible and accepted the scrubber, but the power connection was made to the nearest visible turbine instead of the invisible one. After placing the scrubber, the turbine footprint also vanished. Got the "too close to existing" error when trying to build a new turbine on that spot.

The turbine may have had nothing connected to it when I exited the game; don't know if that might have caused the problem.
Forra 1 Apr, 2023 @ 5:09pm 
Also having this issue! Although so far for me it's just left a few nasty-looking empty 'Excavator' tiles that I can't do anything with.
TROPtastic 1 Apr, 2023 @ 11:44pm 
Also having this issue, with Excavators as well. It happened to me in the River Valley map as well as the Volcanic Glacier one, since those are the two so far that I've used Excavators on.
Here is an image[i.imgur.com] after I built one Excavator, exited to desktop, reloaded the game, and noticed the bug. Then there are these two images after I exited to the world map and reloaded, showing both Excavators gone but not forgotten: Image 2[i.imgur.com], Image 3[i.imgur.com].

Edit: As far as repro steps go:

Step 1: Launch a level that has the Excavator available (ex. River Valley)
Step 2: Build an excavator to make a path that has liquid flowing down its created channel, and let the build and liquid animation complete.
Step 3: Exit the game.
Step 4: Re-launch the game from Steam.
Step 5: Load the profile with the savegame.
Step 6: Click "Continue reclamation"
Step 7: Load into the level and observe that the Excavator model is missing, but its space is still occupied and shows its tooltip. Also observe that the ghost Excavator can't be recycled in Phase 3, but also doesn't need to be recycled to complete the level.
Last edited by TROPtastic; 2 Apr, 2023 @ 12:07am
hyphenza  [developer] 3 Apr, 2023 @ 4:58am 
Thanks for the feedback - I've forwarded your findings on to the team.
ash 28 Sep @ 6:51am 
Originally posted by hyphenza:

What are "the team" doing about this bug? It still exists 18 months later.
Steps to reproduce:

I place the 3x3 excavator on "the quarry" map about 4 times where it is essential to direct lava at the beginning of the game.
At a later point I build the research lab which allows building 2x1 excavators (I don't need to place any smaller excavators).
A bit later I then save exit the level and auto save runs and close the game.
At a later point I load the game again and am now presented with all 4 excavators invisible! I can hover the mouse over the wasteland 3x3 area and the tooltip "Excavator" is displayed. This pretty much ruins the entire level as instead of the beautiful pristine wilderness at the completion, I have ugly 3x3 wasteland areas ruining the map.
hyphenza  [developer] 30 Sep @ 1:25am 
Originally posted by ash:
Originally posted by hyphenza:

What are "the team" doing about this bug? It still exists 18 months later.
Steps to reproduce:

I place the 3x3 excavator on "the quarry" map about 4 times where it is essential to direct lava at the beginning of the game.
At a later point I build the research lab which allows building 2x1 excavators (I don't need to place any smaller excavators).
A bit later I then save exit the level and auto save runs and close the game.
At a later point I load the game again and am now presented with all 4 excavators invisible! I can hover the mouse over the wasteland 3x3 area and the tooltip "Excavator" is displayed. This pretty much ruins the entire level as instead of the beautiful pristine wilderness at the completion, I have ugly 3x3 wasteland areas ruining the map.
Hi Ash
We understand your frustrations and appreciate the feedback.
Unfortunately some bugs are tricker to repro and therefore fix.
Hopefully with all the info at hand (as per my message in the other thread) we'll be able to fix this moving forward.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50