Scarlet Hollow

Scarlet Hollow

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
blacktabbygames  [developer] 6 Jan, 2023 @ 10:34am
Solutions to Common Problems
Hey folks —

With the release of Episode 4, we've noticed some bug reports that had common fixes. Making this thread to keep track of what those fixes are.

Sometimes you're safe to click ignore when you get an error screen. Error screens for Scarlet Hollow usually appear when there's a misspelled variable, but they also look a lot more gamebreaking than they actually are. Please be sure to screenshot and report any errors like that when you find them, but once you've grabbed a screenshot, you're usually good to hit "ignore" at the bottom of the window, which will take you back into the game.

We've made sure to make the game as break-proof as possible, so while a misspelled variable might lead to a little bit of wonkiness down the line, for the most part, it shouldn't break your experience.

Verify the integrity of your installation. There are a lot of files in the game, and we've noticed an uptick in cases where Steam botched people's installs when Episode 4 came out. If you're running into consistent issues with missing sprites and backgrounds or poor performance (or sometimes the error messages mentioned in the above post), try verifying your installation. More often than not, Steam will find and repair any missing or damaged files.

If you're running into screen flickering. I'm going to paste a comment from a helpful user on our subreddit.

First, open up the game. Then hold down shift+G. Where it says Framerate, change it to 30. You can also try switching up the options under Renderer and see if that stops it. I recommend trying the GL2 option first.

Also, if you have an Nvidia graphics card, turn off g-sync. If your framerate is unlocked, it'll cause flickering in Ren'py.

If you're still having issues, then it could be a buggy graphics driver, so you can also check for updates.

I'll update this list if anything else comes up!
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
hello good morning. I was able to play their game in Spanish with the Mort translator, which is free and also works in other languages.
hola buenos días. pude jugar en español su juego con el traductor mort que es gratuto tambien funciona en otros idiomas
espero que les :steamthumbsup:
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 1530 50