WARNO
Why is AFKing lobbies not bannable?
Title says it, it truly is the same guys over and over again. You learn to just leave when you see their name. I don't understand why it is not bannable. It is ALMOST like someone bought two copies and just leaves it as recon on the opposing 10v10 team. I would say that is farfetched however rounding back to the point, this should be bannable. Last lobby I had 3 afks, And we hand out lifetime bans for bad words?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 34 comments
It's true. OP is correct. The ghosting / alt planting stuff is 10x worse in Warno than it ever was before. It's grown even more prevalent since release.
Originally posted by GeneralPatton:
Title says it, it truly is the same guys over and over again. You learn to just leave when you see their name. I don't understand why it is not bannable. It is ALMOST like someone bought two copies and just leaves it as recon on the opposing 10v10 team. I would say that is farfetched however rounding back to the point, this should be bannable. Last lobby I had 3 afks, And we hand out lifetime bans for bad words?
A lot of people just Alt-Tab while waiting for the game, and in many cases don't return back in time. It's the logical result of lobby system (not that it's good). Majority of AFK players have nothing to do with some schemes. It's basically impossible to ban people in such situation (as long as it's not for using it as recon in enemy team) - it's too widespread and not connected to any really problemlatic behaviour.

And yes, bad words should be perma-bannable as now, same with team-killers.
Originally posted by Amormaliar:

Hello, just curious; why should "bad words" be worthy of permanent bans in a game made for an adult audience where you shoot and kill people?

Thanks
Amormaliar 1 Jul @ 10:12pm 
Originally posted by Citizen X:

Hello, just curious; why should "bad words" be worthy of permanent bans in a game made for an adult audience where you shoot and kill people?

Thanks
Consequences of your actions and all that. In real life “because of bad words” it’s possible to end in situation where people going to beat all ♥♥♥♥ out of you - it’s impossible in internet, so permanent ban is a good replacement

You’re welcome
Monio155 2 Jul @ 2:57am 
if someone are unable to manage his anger in a video game shouldn't play at all anymore. permanent ban for such behaivor should be standard for all multiplayer games
rhm 2 Jul @ 4:52am 

Thanks
Because of TOS just because it was not enforce years ago does not mean it cannot be enforced today.
Okay... Ignoring the pointless thread derail crying about how meanies are 2 mean....

As the proest player present, I overrule everyone else. The alt-account cheating IS occurring.

To the point that Eugen should start checking IP logs. You're GONNA find double connections. I'm unaware if you have the ability to check what team they played. But if you have 2x same IP, on different teams = then obvious cheat is obvious.

If you're doing lifetime bans over the chat -- you really might as well act on the cheaters. They are similarly obstructive.
Amormaliar 2 Jul @ 6:49am 
Originally posted by Sneaky_Beaky:
The alt-account cheating IS occurring.

To the point that Eugen should start checking IP logs. You're GONNA find double connections. I'm unaware if you have the ability to check what team they played. But if you have 2x same IP, on different teams = then obvious cheat is obvious.

If you're doing lifetime bans over the chat -- you really might as well act on the cheaters. They are similarly obstructive.
No one saying that there's no situations like that - but considering all (or majority) AFK-players as a malicious players like that is a conspiracy theory at best.
Last edited by Amormaliar; 2 Jul @ 6:49am
Originally posted by Sneaky_Beaky:
The alt-account cheating IS occurring.

No one saying that there's no situations like that - but considering all (or majority) AFK-players as a malicious players like that is a conspiracy theory at best.

You claim to argue to the benefit of innocent people, yet you would only benefit the guilty.

You see, all of our IP's are logged by every computer we interact with. That's how computers work. They save information.

The prevalence of people double connecting for benign reasons is low. It is possible that someone is playing with their brother, or their cousin on holiday, or what have you. However, I already specified that out of consideration. If two people are connected from the same place, and they are playing on the same team; then no cheating has occurred clearly.

In the specific case where a double connection occurs, and the user profiles are playing on opposite teams, then it's clear cheating has occurred.

It is very, very simple.
Last edited by Sneaky_Beaky; 2 Jul @ 7:20am
FREEZED 2 Jul @ 2:29pm 
it can also happen that there is long waiting time and you happen to forgot that you were waiting for match.
at least i once forgot it when i alt+tabbed and watched some youtube videos as it does not notify anything when alt+tabbed.
Originally posted by FREEZED:
it can also happen that there is long waiting time and you happen to forgot that you were waiting for match.
at least i once forgot it when i alt+tabbed and watched some youtube videos as it does not notify anything when alt+tabbed.

Same. It is rare but noticing after 30 minutes and just leaving the game is my usual response.

There are people with 2 accounts and there are hackers but both are rare. play the game have fun and if you aren't find another use for your time. And no, no one has sympathy for your need to type slurs in chat. Just don't do it, and you won't get banned.
Last edited by Rabidnid; 2 Jul @ 4:21pm
Consequences of your actions and all that. In real life “because of bad words” it’s possible to end in situation where people going to beat all ♥♥♥♥ out of you - it’s impossible in internet, so permanent ban is a good replacement

You’re welcome

Did you just say a bad word in your comment? Perma Ban this guy, Mods

You know what youre right. How about no one on earth talk to anyone else, because we cant take the risk of social interaction. Much too dangerous. This guy will punch you for saying a bad word around him.

Better yet, dont even look at each other. Way too much risk of an assault taking place
Last edited by Citizen X; 2 Jul @ 4:43pm

Thanks

You’re welcome
Can you please take a step back and not promote violence as a result of speech?

You are the one making this comparison. You are the one that believes perma banning for "naughty words" is good, and then said because people get beaten for words in real life.

I mean, you quite literally stated that you would like to beat people up for bad words online, but cant so perma ban is a good equal measure.
Last edited by soldier6661111; 2 Jul @ 6:15pm

You know what youre right. How about no one on earth talk to anyone else, because we cant take the risk of social interaction. Much too dangerous. This guy will punch you for saying a bad word around him.

Better yet, dont even look at each other. Way too much risk of an assault taking place
It's not that type of word, not even close :D And it's also not directed to anyone, so not the case sadly
Well, consequences and all that (x2) - I'm 100% sure that slur-spammers not that brave in real life when talking to strangers: it can end in court, in fight or anything else really. So people learn to behave properly - in internet people don't have such limits and sometimes behave not much better than animals. That's why permanent bans exists - if you look like a person who have a chance, it would be a temporal ban, if it's a complete... chaos - bb with permanent ban
Originally posted by soldier6661111:

You are the one making this comparison. You are the one that believes perma banning for "naughty words" is good, and then said because people get beaten for words in real life.

I mean, you quite literally stated that you would like to beat people up for bad words online, but cant so perma ban is a good equal measure.
You're straight up lying and still doing it bad - I never mentioned anything about my intents, or anything about promoting violence. But if you're not from a middle school - I think you should know what would be the result of N-word in some "areas" in different cities. Or saying slurs to some mean drunk bikers. Or saying slurs to local boxing club. And for some words, at least in some European countries, our brave chat-warriors can go straight to jail for a few years. Etc-etc. I think It's pretty obvious to everyone how it'll end in cases like that. People who're banned for words - super-brave when they can spam in chat, nothing more.

But yes, I don't want to play with people who're banned "for words" (or for anything else tbh - like cheating, TK, griefing and such). I personally never was banned, and don't see a possibility of it happening tbh - I never use slurs, I prefer to respect my opponents, and don't have any problems for dozens of years. Even if I'm in a bad emotional state, drunk, sleepy or anything else.
Last edited by Amormaliar; 2 Jul @ 7:16pm

It's not that type of word, not even close :D And it's also not directed to anyone, so not the case sadly
Well, consequences and all that (x2) - I'm 100% sure that slur-spammers not that brave in real life when talking to strangers: it can end in court, in fight or anything else really. So people learn to behave properly - in internet people don't have such limits and sometimes behave not much better than animals. That's why permanent bans exists - if you look like a person who have a chance, it would be a temporal ban, if it's a complete... chaos - bb with permanent ban
Originally posted by soldier6661111:

You're straight up lying and still doing it bad - I never mentioned anything about my intents, or anything about promoting violence. But if you're not from a middle school - I think you should know what would be the result of N-word in some "areas" in different cities. Or saying slurs to some mean drunk bikers. Or saying slurs to local boxing club. And for some words, at least in some European countries, our brave chat-warriors can go straight to jail for a few years. Etc-etc. I think It's pretty obvious to everyone how it'll end in cases like that. People who're banned for words - super-brave when they can spam in chat, nothing more.

But yes, I don't want to play with people who're banned "for words" (or for anything else tbh - like cheating, TK, griefing and such). I personally never was banned, and don't see a possibility of it happening tbh - I never use slurs, I prefer to respect my opponents, and don't have any problems for dozens of years. Even if I'm in a bad emotional state, drunk, sleepy or anything else.
You mourned the fact it is impossible to beat people over the internet.

Maybe English isn’t your first language. But you said what you said. Don’t try and take it back now. In any case the comment has been reported for promotion of violence.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 34 comments
Per page: 1530 50