WARNO
Anywhere I can appeal a ban?
I logged into my account today to find I've been banned for 47 years due to use of racial slurs. I've had a friend staying with me the last 2 months due to some 'home issues' he's been having, namely a divorce of his parents and some domestic incidents. He has been using my computer and unbeknownst to me (until today) he's been playing with my copy of Warno and exhibiting some unsavory behavior online. I was appalled to find out what he was typing after he admitted it.

I understand that at the end of the day I am responsible for who uses my computer, but this was something I was totally unaware of. I allowed my friend free reign of my computer as a way for him to cope, and I've come to regret it. I've since put a new password on my computer, forbidden my friend from using it, and talked with him about the damage those words can cause and why it's wrong to use them. Before he was staying at my house for the last 1-2 months, I never had an incident of using slurs or suffering any kind of bans or moderator action.

I'm not even asking for a full reversal of the ban, I'm just begging to not be locked out of my favorite game permanently. I came home excited today to buy the gold edition upgrade and play when I was confronted with the ban message, and furious when I questioned my friend about it. I have ensured that this will never happen again, and I can go on record to say none of the punishable behavior exhibited was of my own doing.

Please, I am willing to take a long ban as punishment for not better policing my computer. Just please don't make it a permanent one. Thank you for your time and any consideration.
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
FoxFort 6 Jul @ 2:17pm 
Yeeeah sounds like "Dog ate my homework" type of an excuse. I would not use that type of approach here, perhaps you can appeal to eugsupport@eugensystems.com and ask for "prison sentence reduction".
bruh well try the email or go into the discord and ping a mod or something but even if this is true a lot of people try the "my cat walked across my keyboard and wrote a race manifesto in chat" excuse
Placid 6 Jul @ 6:04pm 
Assuming the ban blocks a particular PC or IP address (i.e. you can't just start another account and buy another copy) then I would have some sympathy for this. Compassion costs nothing and if the guy is willing to cop a long ban, just not a permanent one (assuming it was a first time ban for the account) then that would seem reasonable.

A good cautionary tale about giving raccoons on meth access to your account tho.
You could try emailing eugsupport@eugensystems.com.
Cobra Commander (Banned) 6 Jul @ 8:55pm 
The approach is unreal, without warning, 46 years. Wasn't even using cheats or anything.

Name one game, where players get permanently banned from accessing the multiplayer function for using profanity?

That only happens to cheaters and hackers, you'd have to be pretty consistent to get a perma ban from a game for using profanity, and I mean like constantly trolling and spamming every single game so you get reported by everyone.

Remember PUBG on the plane at the start? That was an earful...

In DotA you get voice and chat banned for trash talk, even if players don't like the sound of your voice you can cop a chat ban, but at least you can still play,

In CS if you grief enough you might get reported, but generally no one cares and trash talk is pretty prevalent in that game let's be honest, it's well known for the screeching like cod.

In SQUAD, really depends on the server, some servers only kick players when they spam the chat and couldn't care less about profanity because the game is a WAR game, other servers just kick for slurs with a warning message but you can rejoin. You might just have to sit in a queue again. At least you can choose which server suits you.

What's happened to multiple users is unheard of in any other game, I've been playing pc since wolfenstein 3d and commander keen days.

Gaming used to be niche and let's be real when your favourite hobby becomes toxic and mainstream, that might be Eugens reasoning...

I just think they should consider, their game is a war game, it gets competitive, people become a bit tunnel vision and some of us lack self awareness, some of us might be having personal issues and sometimes lash out in game. Some of us might be struggling financially and maybe some bitterness comes out in game.
Some of us just like the banter and wanna use some form of verbal to fire up our team.

eg. I'm saying to my team "MOVE UP MAGGOTS!", I don't actually think they are maggots, I'm just pretending to be some sergeant slaughter type.

Even if someone is trolling spamming the N word, or deliberately trying to tilt his own team on chat, should just get a warning. If it's severe and constant perhaps a month ban or something.

The player really should get the opportunity to reflect first.

How many players didn't even get that chance?

In all honesty, I keep seeing posts like this and wonder if it's all a scam to get users to buy another game It's why I flagged the game in the steam store... Something seems really off. I highly doubt this is the companies intention to remove players completely.

Don't blame me for being skeptical, I wouldn't think like this if players weren't being banned by an algorithm that detects key words, running rampant.

I personally am not buying anything from Eugen or the even the Steam store in future.

That's just my thoughts though.
Originally posted by Cobra Commander:
Name one game, where players get permanently banned from accessing the multiplayer function for using profanity?
LoL and WoW for example
Originally posted by Cobra Commander:
In all honesty, I keep seeing posts like this and wonder if it's all a scam to get users to buy another game It's why I flagged the game in the steam store... Something seems really off. I highly doubt this is the companies intention to remove players completely.

Don't blame me for being skeptical, I wouldn't think like this if players weren't being banned by an algorithm that detects key words, running rampant.

I personally am not buying anything from Eugen or the even the Steam store in future.

That's just my thoughts though.
You’re agreeing to rules. You’re not following rules and getting banned. Seems fair to me.

There’s no algorithm - devs/moderators check all proofs by themselves.

P.S. Funny conspiracy theory tho
Last edited by Amormaliar; 7 Jul @ 2:08am
???? 7 Jul @ 12:49am 
just grab a refund, these losers dont deserve a dime
Originally posted by ????:
just grab a refund, these losers dont deserve a dime

Agreed try to get a refund or tell your friend he owes you 40 bucks lol
Originally posted by Amormaliar:
You’re agreeing to rules. You’re not following rules and getting banned. Seems fair to me.

Honestly I don't get why you are in every comment section defending the concept of lifetime bans from the literal game, over game chat.

And before you reply with some more cope. I don't even want to hear it, lick them boots clean
"Let he who has not slung racial slurs in all chat cast the first gamer word"

-Eugen 4:20 Verse 69

Eugen basically let a nazi safe space fester in wargame red dragon and EE for like more than a decade then just start slinging out lifetime bans is just funny to me. Honestly they probably got called out and had some sort of money faucet get threatened which is probably why they are trying to react so quickly out of the blue.

Ironic imo
Ostoia 7 Jul @ 7:17am 
Originally posted by macs02ro:

Honestly I don't get why you are in every comment section defending the concept of lifetime bans from the literal game, over game chat.

And before you reply with some more cope. I don't even want to hear it, lick them boots clean
cope
Hi, try to contact Eugen support and tell them your case in the most polite and reasonable way possible. With everything that I like this game and everything that I support the developers, these bans for so many years seem to me to be something counterproductive for the game.

It's just funny to look at people who're trying to defend their "right" to spam slurs in chat, like you for example
macs02ro 7 Jul @ 12:29pm 

It's just funny to look at people who're trying to defend their "right" to spam slurs in chat, like you for example

Except I don't. It should net you a lifetime chatban. But no, common sense is out of the window with you, so go ahead make em shiny ;)
Last edited by macs02ro; 7 Jul @ 1:04pm
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 1530 50