WARNO
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Schtorsk 3 May, 2022 @ 3:09am
Modding has arrived
For the most DIY enthusiasts among you, modding has arrived! You can now freely modify or add units, weapons, ammunitions, divisions and more. You can also change all the gameplay settings, such as the damage system, the rate at which you earn money or even the behavior of the AI. Those with an artistic flair can also modify the style of the interface, its colors or its positioning.

To create your first mod which will increase the activation points of a Battlegroup from 50 to 100, follow the "Creating your first mod, step-by-step" paragraph in the modding documentation which is available in the "Mods" subfolder of your WARNO's installation.
All published mods will then be available for download in
WARNO's Steam Workshop

Please keep in mind that our customer support will not help with modding issues.
You can find help and share your knowledge with other modders in this forum or on the dedicated Discord channel[discord.com]

We are sure you will create some very interesting and unique mods and we can't wait to see the result.

Here's the first version of the documentation[cdn.discordapp.com]. Note that it will eventually become obsolete and you should refer to the one in the "Mods" subfolder of your WARNO's installation when possible.
Last edited by Schtorsk; 3 May, 2022 @ 3:28am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Smartest Bosnian 6 Jul, 2022 @ 8:45am 
Can we mod sounds?
I want to mod the Gepard to sound like my friend saying "BRRRRRT"?
151 7 Jul, 2022 @ 6:28pm 
Updating mods should be simplified. Modders should be allowed to just keep their modified values without doing the deletion work. It takes a hell lot of time and mistakes are more likely to be made. If we modders want to know the updated game datas, we could just create a new unmodified mod and view the datas there.
Ideal Strategy 2 Oct, 2022 @ 8:44am 
Originally posted by 151:
Updating mods should be simplified. Modders should be allowed to just keep their modified values without doing the deletion work. It takes a hell lot of time and mistakes are more likely to be made. If we modders want to know the updated game datas, we could just create a new unmodified mod and view the datas there.

Or, the devs can create a tool which looks into our modified files and that tool should let us check and uncheck the type of data we would like updated or remain as we have modified it. If I have 5 files in which I modify data and a new update asks me to merge my data, it can even take at least 10 constant hours to delete the unneeded data without making a single mistake.

If someone has the chance to ask the devs to make an option for allowing us to select WHAT data we want modified and what should remain intact, it would be very thankful! Until then, I feel like I wanna quit modding this anymore as I get more trouble deleting unneeded data than modifying the default one.

Regards!
Nota 5 Dec, 2022 @ 2:46pm 
Warno dedicated Discord link doesn't do anything
Smartest Bosnian 5 Dec, 2022 @ 3:04pm 
Originally posted by Nota:
Warno dedicated Discord link doesn't do anything
use this https://discord.gg/BnYY3q6C
DanTheMan 16 Dec, 2022 @ 4:17pm 
Can you change the density or occlusiveness of forests so recon can see a little further into them???
Last edited by DanTheMan; 16 Dec, 2022 @ 4:42pm
Cryptic 30 Jan, 2023 @ 10:47am 
modding is broken in the latest update fyi.
Kitfox 12 Sep, 2023 @ 4:26am 
Eugen, stop changing ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ keywords. You don't need to continuously reinvent your own wheel every other update. It kills mods overnight, especially when your update bat is really not impressive.
Can this be updated for 2024 with AG?
Originally posted by TheBigMemer7:
Can this be updated for 2024 with AG?
It still works
iron 25 May @ 11:36am 
Originally posted by Kitfox:
Eugen, stop changing ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ keywords. You don't need to continuously reinvent your own wheel every other update. It kills mods overnight, especially when your update bat is really not impressive.

furry avatar. all opinions, complaints and general existence disregarded from this point forward
discord links are invalid
Can we create custom AG's?
Can I delete the fog of war?
Originally posted by EugenGaming:
Can I delete the fog of war?
you can if you uninstall warno
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 1530 50