ruojility 4 May, 2022 @ 1:39pm
What exactly is Eugen's "metre"
PorteeMaximale = ((3000) * Metre)
PorteeMinimaleTBA = ((0) * Metre)
PorteeMaximaleTBA = ((7004) * Metre)
PorteeMinimaleHA = ((0) * Metre)
PorteeMaximaleHA = ((7995) * Metre)
PorteeMinimale = ((100) * Metre)
AltitudeAPorteeMinimale = ((35.0) * Metre)
AltitudeAPorteeMaximale = ((70.0) * Metre)

In game this refers to Gepard SPAAG's gun range
which is
1060m
2825m
3005m

So what the actual heck is a "metre" ?

The modding manual says some already knows the meaning of units, is there anyone who are kind enough to share?

Thanks!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
Terminus Est 5 May, 2022 @ 12:28am 
Supposedly Metre is defined by "MultiplicateurMetreRTSVersDistanceFeedbackTactique" which defined as 1.0 div 2.83.
ruojility 8 May, 2022 @ 2:30am 
Originally posted by Terminus Est:
Supposedly Metre is defined by "MultiplicateurMetreRTSVersDistanceFeedbackTactique" which defined as 1.0 div 2.83.
thanks a lot!
Terminus Est 8 May, 2022 @ 2:34am 
Originally posted by ruojility:
thanks a lot!
Keep in mind that there is also another metre defined, which is the scale used by the maps, which is 1/0.45
Last edited by Terminus Est; 8 May, 2022 @ 2:36am
ruojility 8 May, 2022 @ 2:38am 
thanks a lot!
Keep in mind that there is also another metre defined, which is the scale used by the maps, which 1/0.45
wow, that's something I didn't even know it existed.
May I ask how do you find these numbers?
Did you simply just went through all the files or, I am guessing, there's a specific game logic file?
Terminus Est 8 May, 2022 @ 2:42am 
Keep in mind that there is also another metre defined, which is the scale used by the maps, which 1/0.45
Did you simply just went through all the files or, I am guessing, there's a specific game logic file?
If you use a search tool like the one in VS code you can find it, although in this case I was told about this variable on the Eugen discord.
ruojility 8 May, 2022 @ 2:47am 
If you use a search tool like the one in VS code you can find it, although in this case I was told about this variable on the Eugen discord.
Okay!
Much appreciated.
Storm Commando 14 May, 2022 @ 6:41am 
This is a bit off-topic as you've already been answered but has anyone figured out what lines actually effect the range of a unit's weapons? Is it in ammunition, weapon, or in the unit stats? And why is PorteeMaximale often like 5000 even though most weapons don't fire that far?
ruojility 14 May, 2022 @ 6:43am 
Originally posted by Storm Commando:
This is a bit off-topic as you've already been answered but has anyone figured out what lines actually effect the range of a unit's weapons? Is it in ammunition, weapon, or in the unit stats? And why is PorteeMaximale often like 5000 even though most weapons don't fire that far?
pretty sure it's in weapon descriptor
it's often 5000 because of what I asked in this topic.
that 5000 metre has to divide by 2.83
Archimonday 14 May, 2022 @ 7:56am 
I think the terrain scale and unit scale are separate. 1:26 for terrain, 1:28 for units
ruojility 14 May, 2022 @ 8:40pm 
Originally posted by 10-7Archimonday:
I think the terrain scale and unit scale are separate. 1:26 for terrain, 1:28 for units
any idea or guess why these ratios?
Cryptic 14 May, 2022 @ 8:46pm 
I found in a file that "seconde is 1" look for that using find all with notepads ++ or it that doesn't work try looking for "second is 1"

Metre is a line down and I believe it said 28. Look through the files (use notepad ++ to make it automatically do it for you) and look for that

The line below will be the metre thing
Last edited by Cryptic; 14 May, 2022 @ 8:48pm
Terminus Est 14 May, 2022 @ 8:50pm 
Originally posted by Corrosion:
I found in a file that "seconde is 1" look for that using find all with notepads ++ or it that doesn't work try looking for "second is 1"

Metre is a line down and I believe it said 28. Look through the files (use notepad ++ to make it automatically do it for you) and look for that

That metre is not what affects the ranges, that would be; MultiplicateurMetreRTSVersDistanceFeedbackTactique
Cryptic 14 May, 2022 @ 8:53pm 
Originally posted by Corrosion:

That metre is not what affects the ranges, that would be; MultiplicateurMetreRTSVersDistanceFeedbackTactique
I know. He was asking what the metre is. I was replying to that part
Archimonday 15 May, 2022 @ 5:28am 

I mean those a pretty common table top scales, so it makes sense
ruojility 15 May, 2022 @ 6:14am 

I mean those a pretty common table top scales, so it makes sense
ah okay
thanks for all the replies guys
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
Per page: 1530 50