WARNO
4th Weapon Mod
Anyone figure out how to get 4th weapon to show up in the Showroom? I tried copying how the GreenBerets_ODA has their 4th weapon depicted in the files, but no results yet. Looking for advice to add 4th weapon to infantry units.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
It's easy to add a 4th weapon, but there's a certain amount of UI wizardry to making it show up in the info panel. Eugen constantly changes the files so there's no consistent solution (everyone was sure that after 1.0 they'd settle into consistency, but no, it's the same as EA, with useful features vanishing randomly without any communication). I have been modifying the strategy eMeM posted on the discord a couple years back, but I haven't gotten far enough through this merge to see if it's still working.
Last edited by themediocrity; 2 Jul @ 7:59pm
Ok, scratch everything I said. The new update makes it super easy to add weapons on the UI. It's awesome.
So how exactly? I tried copying the text lines from the new ODA unit and got success giving a 4th weapon to Rangers, but I tried adding a Dragon as a 4th weapon to the Mechanized Rifles unit (m4, m249,m240,dragon) and I crash any time the Rifles unit uses their dragon. I am assuming I messed something up during copying the data.
Originally posted by Shellshock012:
So how exactly? I tried copying the text lines from the new ODA unit and got success giving a 4th weapon to Rangers, but I tried adding a Dragon as a 4th weapon to the Mechanized Rifles unit (m4, m249,m240,dragon) and I crash any time the Rifles unit uses their dragon. I am assuming I messed something up during copying the data.

There are lots of ways to create a crash adding a weapon unfortunately. I just meant they'd made the UI side much better.

In your case, make sure it references the correct SalvoStockIndex (so typically weapon 4 references index 3 since it's zero-indexed) and make sure there's a corresponding entry in the salves list (so the 4th entry in salves has a value >0 in this example). For infantry squads the weapon needs to be assigned to a soldier in the UniteDescriptor file (I forget what the mapping is called but you'll find it, it's a big list) and the number of weapons needs to match the number assigned to soldiers (so if a unit has 5 rifles as the first weapon, then 5 of the list entries in the UniteDescriptor need to have a 0). It'll make sense when you go through it.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50