Sweet Transit

Sweet Transit

View Stats:
how to fix the bug: "not enough work" when there are empty production building
When you upgrade your houses, sometimes the jobs that were previously filled by the houses don't receive workers afterward.
save and load will fix it
< >
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
Nice, thanks I was wondering about this
BobFish 1 May @ 1:16am 
Glad its not just me, was just dealing with this. I was deleting the buildings then undoing and that was getting them to work again. hopefully fixed soon!
I have been fighting this for 2 weeks thinking I was doing something wrong! I am putting this aside until it is fixed! Saving and loading every time you add a farm or mine is B.S.
Razguul 1 May @ 8:53am 
+1
kazal 1 May @ 11:09pm 
and also demolishing houses causes same bug
Does anyone from the game ever see these?
The bug is very subtle... I first noticed it at population 1000 or so. Just a coal mine, a potato farm, and cotton field. I started getting "not enough work" messages but my mines and farms were not fully staffed. I looked at the trains going to each of them, and they were leaving empty from town even though the destination said it needed workers. Added clothing shop and problem got worse, and new wheat field just sat there with no workers for enough time for 5 trains to pass through its station never leaving any workers. Save and reload, and magically everything was fully staffed. Next thing you know, they got tired, and never got replacements... same thing Save and reload.
Dev said he reworked the "swap worker" logic. I think he ought to take another swing at it.
I have also shelved the game for a bit until this is fixed. I'm playing with one big city and pretty much any action on homes can make some others (even on other side of city) suddenly stop working. And then you have no church/brewery etc coverage because suddenly building is missing 2 workers.
And issues with this are getting worse with size of the city - I'm around 15k pop and it's very annoying.
mfearby 4 May @ 5:41pm 
Whilst these issues are rather irritating, I have created such a nightmare of interwoven railway lines that I've created a nice little problem to solve whilst the developer is hopefully fixing these other bugs. I'm tempted to start again with things spaced out much more than I did in this, my first, game (which is a good learning experience, if nothing else).
same here. over 1k ppl, Potatofarm is 50m near the houses, all yelling " got no work mimimi" ^^
I've noticed it happens fairly frequently, especially with larger towns. Any change I make to job locations or housing at this point causes the internal worker logic to, for a lack of better term, ♥♥♥♥ itself. Houses have no idea how many workers there actually are, the train stations incorrectly list the appropriate number of people in them, job sites do not populate, and the economy tanks since people aren't doing their jobs.

It has basically become part of the process any time I change/upgrade housing or build new job sites. Once I am done I save and reload.
It started doing this to me a long way into the game, like 20K population. I have been deleting the market or church - whatever triggers and rebuilding. It's a bit of a hassle. I had to delete all my quarries at one stage.
Last edited by Shadowfly; 7 May @ 3:14am
Lueton 19 May @ 1:34pm 
Had the same bug. I removed all houses around and readded them. Now all buildings have not enough workers no matter how many houses i build around. I also noticed that income rises very fast but then crashes completly. This in an infinte loop.
Tossi 26 May @ 12:35pm 
The quick fix when that happens is to save the game and then load it back. Of course we all want it to not be happening in the first place but there is a workaround before they go to fixing it.
This bug needs to be solved asap. Its taking the fun out of the game. You cannot destroy any house without getting unforseen problems. When the bug occurs you have to try and destroy many houses/buildings to get the problem solved. Save and load doesn't solve it in my case.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
Per page: 1530 50