NEO: The World Ends with You

NEO: The World Ends with You

View Stats:
Outsider 16 Dec, 2023 @ 6:40am
Is it better than the first?
I'm one of those people who couldn't get into TWEWY back on DS, and only finished it recently with streamlined mobile version, and it's still a huge mixed bag.
I don't particularly enjoy combat, gimmick bosses were anti-fun, and I couldn't be bothered to play Another Day or collect secret reports, I just didn't care.
Seeing how NEO is ported on PC, how is the combat? Are bosses any less of gimmicky puzzle fights? Do they actually explain what exactly underground is, who conductors and reapers are etc etc without having to replay the game and hunting secrets?
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
mdesaleah 20 Dec, 2023 @ 6:49pm 
Neo is a game for the fans.

The combat is more typical than the original DS game though. Although since you played the mobile version, you missed some of the unique parts of the original with multitasking and how that fits the story.

Story in 1 is more about Neku and filling in how things work comes extra and only if you want to know more after finishing the main point. Neo is still character focused, but its a little messier.
Last edited by mdesaleah; 20 Dec, 2023 @ 6:52pm
Outsider 20 Dec, 2023 @ 11:38pm 
Ironically Neku is the character I learned the least about from TWEWY.
No back story, no relationships with his family, no nothing.
I know much more about Beat, Shiki or Josh than Neku.
Do we learn anything about him at all in Neo?
Kori 25 Dec, 2023 @ 2:54pm 
I did play the original way back in the day, so i was skeptical, and i have to say... this game is even better than the first one. About the combat in particular, it's not quitre as unique, but at the same time probably easier to get into.

At the end of the day, as said above, it's a game for fans more than a completely new experience, it really recaptures the essence of the original one.
Dollmaker 13 Feb @ 10:16pm 
Originally posted by Outsider:
Ironically Neku is the character I learned the least about from TWEWY.
No back story, no relationships with his family, no nothing.
I know much more about Beat, Shiki or Josh than Neku.
Do we learn anything about him at all in Neo?
Late af reply but, in the original game on the "Another Day" (that was the name i think?) which is an isolated chapter from a parallel world does get a bit into Neku's past, its unknown if the same applies to the original.

But basically, it reveals that Neku used to have a friend he was close with, and the only one he had and i recall he arranged a meeting between the two but his friend got into a car accident on his way to the meeting point and Neku blamed himself over his dead, believing that had he not called him to the meeting spot, he would still be alive, which likely caused the anti-social behavior og Neku has, unlike Alt Neku that managed to carry on.

This is probably the event that Neku briefly seems to recall when Rhyme dies, but he is incapable of remembering it, which shows that despite having his memory erased, the event was so traumatic that he could still vaguely recall the feeling of it.
Outsider 14 Feb @ 4:00am 
Yeah I completely ignored the extra chapter.
Originally posted by Outsider:
Yeah I completely ignored the extra chapter.
Would recommend playing them, its also where the secret HARD bosses are.

Same applies for NEO.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50