Nightmare Frames

Nightmare Frames

View Stats:
kcn! 16 Jul, 2022 @ 9:19am
Hello

and first: Thank you! For a person who wasn't playing any point and click adventures for years, well... this game caught me right away! Great work. It also reminds me a lot of "Cigarette burns" and I had to laugh quite sometimes so far about the sarcasm i found in it :-) I am still playing the game and I think theres quite more story telling in coming up.

Now my feedback: I'd love to be able to explicitly click to skip to the next the text passages when the characters are talking. No option for that? Currently the next dialog appears even though I did not click. And as much as I like the pixel style in-game (that doesn't annoy me most of the time) I'd love to see more clear lettering for the text passages. Yes, it's OOOOK to read, but since there is no voice audio, I believe the reading all the text would be easier with not so pixeled letters :-)

Update: Just finished the game - wonderful piece of art! I'd say it is a playable version of "Cigarette Burns" and it shows the/an ending that the movie did not since it ended before. I'd really appreciate to see more of that type of game and story-telling. Thank you so much!
Last edited by kcn!; 17 Jul, 2022 @ 10:44am
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Jupiter Spores 12 Oct, 2022 @ 10:58pm 
Seconding the request for a "pause dialogue until you click" option. (And glad I'm not the only person who thought of Cigarette Burns!)
postmodernadventures  [developer] 13 Oct, 2022 @ 4:07am 
There is the setting "Text Speed: Slow" in the options menu wich turns on a delay of several minutes between dialog lines.
Thank you both for playing Nightmare Frames! And yes, "Cigarette Burns" was one of the influences of the game.
Jupiter Spores 16 Oct, 2022 @ 9:06pm 
I saw the slow option. Sometimes though I'll be distracted by a phone call or a pet in the house and have to step away from the game, and missing dialogue because of that can happen. For future games, if you added "click to advance", I'd really appreciate it!

Originally posted by postmodernadventures:
Thank you both for playing Nightmare Frames!

Thank you for the game! Had a blast with it.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50