Fabledom

Fabledom

View Stats:
Fabling only gathers wood for sawmill
It takes forever for my fabling to start using the sawmill. All they do is endlessly add wood that gets taken away by laborers anyway. Maybe making it so 2 work at it where one just endlessly makes planks and the other gathers wood.
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
I'm playing on the most relaxed mode and wood, planks, and coal seem so unbalanced. I can never keep ANY in reserve so I have to turn down all quests for any of the three.
Jane  [developer] 17 May @ 2:12am 
thanks for your feedback!! <3 <3
resieg 17 May @ 4:17am 
What works for me is to have a bunch of additional woodcutters. You rarely have enough of them. Collect some hundreds of wood in advance, then there will be no shortage.
Ookapia 17 May @ 4:35am 
Originally posted by Nom:
It takes forever for my fabling to start using the sawmill. All they do is endlessly add wood that gets taken away by laborers anyway. Maybe making it so 2 work at it where one just endlessly makes planks and the other gathers wood.

What you describe can be done by placing a storage facility next to the production building. I do this for every production and food production.
Yazene 17 May @ 6:04am 
Early on I focused getting 3 lumber camps with 3 workers each, being able to pull a worker for something else as needed and I'm good on planks, wood and coal. Pace your building is another tip.
Something what I did was put the game of 3 times speed and go and make me a coffee xD when I got back I had a pufferzone of wood.
But thats not how the game should work. hehe ^^

BUT

You can set a limit on the maximum amount of each material that should be produced. This is in the same menu as where you can see which Fablelings are unemployed.

But yeah in the early game the wood is extremly unbalanced. Stone dont have the problem that much.

I built 3 woodcutter and 3 sawmills in total but it only got balanced in the endgame. dunno why but I had the whole game long a shortage of wood and since I got city (I guess) the wood and planks rapidly increased. I dont know if its a bug or if its something I did to get it balanced.
Last edited by NeroTheAngel; 17 May @ 8:27am
resieg 17 May @ 8:37am 
Originally posted by NeroTheAngel:
I built 3 woodcutter and 3 sawmills in total but it only got balanced in the endgame. dunno why but I had the whole game long a shortage of wood and since I got city (I guess) the wood and planks rapidly increased. I dont know if its a bug or if its something I did to get it balanced.
I have a guess why you have the whole game long a shortage of wood: too little lumber hutties. When you have like 10 (quite early, not everyone may have 3 workers all the time), then you have always plenty of wood ;)

I know its not a bug, and game is balanced.
Its easy: too little wood -> produce more wood ;)
Last edited by resieg; 17 May @ 8:38am
Originally posted by resieg:
Originally posted by NeroTheAngel:
I have a guess why you have the whole game long a shortage of wood: too little lumber hutties. When you have like 10 (quite early, not everyone may not have 3 workers all the time), then you have always plenty of wood ;)

I know its not a bug, and game is balanced.
Its easy: too little wood - produce more wood ;)

Yeah maybe I just suck at strategy games. lol xD
resieg 17 May @ 8:44am 
XP comes with playing
Originally posted by resieg:
XP comes with playing
that is true
. 27 May @ 9:24am 
I think something is wrong with the Sawmill. I've stocked up on Wood near the Sawmill, assigned a worker, and still no Planks are being made.
I am enjoying the game a lot, but early game seems very tedious due to massive demand for wood and slow gathering. Same for planks and coal. One thing this game seems to be missing that many other similar games have is productivity upgrades to structures.
As an example:
"Sharper Axes - 50 stone: increases wood felling speed by 30%"
Wenju 27 May @ 6:16pm 
Solution is similar to real life. Make sure your sawmills are close to the stockpile of wood. the closer this stockpile of wood is to the lumber camps the better. Disable other resources, focus solely on that specific supply chain. is that wood turning into plans? or both plants and charcoal. If you are making mane, make ANOTHER stockpile for coal and planks, so that the wood one providing the sawmills never gets full.
Solution is always better supply chains.
DLM 11 Aug @ 7:13am 
Originally posted by Afterburn:
I think something is wrong with the Sawmill. I've stocked up on Wood near the Sawmill, assigned a worker, and still no Planks are being made.
I am reaching the point where my patience is growing thin. At 100 pop and all I am doing is waiting for these damn planks. Are we meant to drop a dozen of sawmills to finally get a good production rate?!
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 1530 50