En Garde!

En Garde!

View Stats:
Spanish VA?
Is there any plans for this?

The game seems like a love letter to spain in general but then we have awkward spanglish. Were the devs not confident their game would sell if they didn't have english VA instead?

Kinda misses the entire point of the game if you ask me.
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
This is really what you want to complain about?
Abyss 2 Mar @ 9:06am 
Originally posted by Gileads Finest:
This is really what you want to complain about?
For a game set in Spain clearly showing love to the culture and country to include the language? Yeah how irrational of me.
Last edited by Abyss; 2 Mar @ 9:07am
HASTYMAN 3 Mar @ 12:33pm 
I'm ukrainian but I'm agree with you. Spanish VA is more suited to setting of this game. I don't know. Maybe I can make a mod for Spanish with AI, but I don't guarantee.
Abyss 3 Mar @ 8:21pm 
Originally posted by HASTYMAN:
I'm ukrainian but I'm agree with you. Spanish VA is more suited to setting of this game. I don't know. Maybe I can make a mod for Spanish with AI, but I don't guarantee.
Dont force yourself, thats a lot of effort.
HASTYMAN 4 Mar @ 12:59am 
Originally posted by Abyss:
Originally posted by HASTYMAN:
Dont force yourself, thats a lot of effort.
The problem is not in forcing to be honest. I checked game version and opened already file structure but I did't find wwise audio files yet. (Updated) I found files.
Last edited by HASTYMAN; 4 Mar @ 1:13pm
Huh, now that you mean it, that does seem kinda odd. Maybe it'll be something in a later update.
I was legitimately baffled when I switched the game to Spanish and the voice acting was in broken English. I really thought I finally found a successor to Donte: El cazador de Demonios.
HASTYMAN 29 Mar @ 2:44pm 
Originally posted by So says Mr. Stewart.:
I was legitimately baffled when I switched the game to Spanish and the voice acting was in broken English. I really thought I finally found a successor to Donte: El cazador de Demonios.
So sorry to hear that:(
Pantoni 2 Aug @ 10:31am 
My 2 cents about this...

Being spanish doesn't has nothing to do with wanting spanish voices.

I did play Sekiro with japanese voices, cause it was a game set in Japan. And if I play Ghosts of Tsushima someday, I would play it in japanese voices, cause it's what I think it's more fitting.

This game screams "Zorro" all over the place, the spanish voices should have been at least a choice, same as Steelrising should have had french voices (is set in French revolution ffs). But in both cases, we get english, which is not bad whatsoever, but as some of you pointed out... then you hear some spanish words mixed in (or french in steelrising case) and it's... baffling.

I understand this is not a big budget game, and localizations must be expensive, but if I have to choose just one... I would have chosen the spanish in this case (and french in steelrising).

Other than that, and the lack of an option to restart game/profile... is being pretty fun for now (I'm only 30 minutes in).

Cheers!
Pantoni 2 Aug @ 10:32am 
My 2 cents about this...

Being spanish has nothing to do with wanting spanish voices.

I did play Sekiro with japanese voices, cause it was a game set in Japan. And if I play Ghosts of Tsushima someday, I would play it in japanese voices, cause it's what I think it's more fitting.

This game screams "Zorro" all over the place, the spanish voices should have been at least a choice, same as Steelrising should have had french voices (is set in French revolution ffs). But in both cases, we get english, which is not bad whatsoever, but as some of you pointed out... then you hear some spanish words mixed in (or french in steelrising case) and it's... baffling.

I understand this is not a big budget game, and localizations must be expensive, but if I have to choose just one... I would have chosen the spanish in this case (and french in steelrising).

Other than that, and the lack of an option to restart game/profile... is being pretty fun for now (I'm only 30 minutes in).

Cheers!
Last edited by Pantoni; 2 Aug @ 10:32am
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 1530 50