CULTIC
The game takes a while to open and closes by itself.
Hello, I'm making this thread to see if you can give me a solution to the performance issue of this game.

When I open the game it takes about 5 minutes to open (there are times when it doesn't load and closes by itself). When I go through the map, there are areas where the game closes when loading another map

I have a good PC and it only happens to me with this game. Thank you
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Jasozz  [developer] 10 Jun @ 5:47pm 
Hmm that's no fun!

Can you share your specific PC specs, including OS?

Also, can you grab the Player.log file from your last session and send it to me?
Log file should be in C:/Users/[You]/AppData/LocalLow/Jasozz Games/CULTIC

You can send it to jasozz@jasozz.games
MIKU* 10 Jun @ 7:46pm 
Originally posted by Jasozz:
Hmm that's no fun!

Can you share your specific PC specs, including OS?

Also, can you grab the Player.log file from your last session and send it to me?
Log file should be in C:/Users/[You]/AppData/LocalLow/Jasozz Games/CULTIC

You can send it to jasozz@jasozz.games

I have a:

Windows 10

INTEL CORE I5-7400 KABYLAKE

Nvidia GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5

one Memory ram 8gb 2400mhz DDR4 Hyper X

Disc HDD 1TB
Jasozz  [developer] 11 Jun @ 11:57am 
I haven't received your logs yet, but based on your specs, I'm pretty confident it's gonna be a RAM issue. 8GB total to run Win10 and games is gonna be stretched pretty thin - I imagine CULTIC is probably just running out of RAM entirely and crashing. This is detectable in the logs usually as you'll see a boatload of errors trying to create textures and memory being inaccessible.

You can try running turning Doodad Count all the way down in Options > Video > Quality and closing absolutely any other programs that you don't need running to try and free up some RAM, but that'd be my best guess.
Scoot 29 Jul @ 6:26pm 
Hey, I'm also having an issue when opening the game. It takes a good minute of the window being unresponsive (And displaying "(Not Responding)" in the taskbar) before the game loads.

I've sent my log file to your email.

Worth noting: I started playing this game on my Steam Deck and moved to my desktop. The first time this happened, it probably was because it was trying to change my resolution to 1280x800 or something. I have started it twice since then, and it still does take a minute or two to recover from (Not Responding).

I doubt it's my specs, but just in case,
AMD 3700X
32GB RAM
2070 Super

EDIT: I've just started up the game again, and it's more like 45-60 seconds, honestly. It still shows Not Responding while starting in the taskbar though. And even though I'm in fullscreen, sometimes I manage to click out of the game window and it minimizes the game. It happens kinda randomly during combat?
Last edited by Scoot; 29 Jul @ 6:59pm
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50