Drug Dealer Simulator 2

Drug Dealer Simulator 2

Guns
Hi! I am asking as someone who didn't play the game. Are there any combat with guns in the game? And if there aren't, is there any chance to put this feature?
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
No, there are no guns in the game, melee combat only.

No, the developers aren't going to add guns in, they want the game to focus on being a drug dealer, not combat.
Originally posted by kornflakes89:

No, the developers aren't going to add guns in, they want the game to focus on being a drug dealer, not combat.

This, they've come out pretty bluntly and said combat won't be a major facet. I'll admit at first I was a bit disappointed but it makes sense, trying to balance the economics And combat in a way without one eventually becoming more important than the other is a tricky thing.

Either they have to:

Somehow organize some kind of way for NPCs to join you as bodyguards in gun-play and then they have to organize Allied NPCs to back you that can keep up with you when you start free-running

OR

After a point Co-Op becomes almost mandatory or you have to start thinking in tactical gun-play......too many variables for a game that focuses on broad-scale economics on your lonesome. Let me be clear I think we all know cartels are generally pretty ruthless organizations that deal in ultra-violence towards their competitors, especially in Central America.

But this is a small company that doesn't have a budget to really build an elaborate AI network I feel. No offense to the devs.
Wow I would of refunded this if I knew there is no guns in the game.
....but you have to build bombs to get some missions done. Wow, how awesome is this?
Dr.Death 5 Aug @ 2:20pm 
as a reply to most of you complaining about there being very little combat mechanics in the game, i'd first like to point out the first dds had absolutely zero combat at all. If you're a returning player you should've expected nothing more. if you're a first time player of this promising series, the name of the game is "Drug Dealer" simulator not "Cartel" simulator. the point of the game is to become a large scale street dealer, therefor relying on melee combat and keeping a low profile to avoid contact with the law. In addition to that if you've paid any attention at all to the devlogs they have been very straight forward in the fact that combat is a very, very small part of the game that they in no way intend to add on to. Drug Dealer Simulator 2 is HEAVILY centred around producing and selling narcotics NOT combat. go play call of duty if you want combat...
Last edited by Dr.Death; 5 Aug @ 2:21pm
Hi dr. death
Ironic name for someone that is against guns, in a simulator portraying, perhaps one of the most violent sides of the drug word. I get that the emphasis should be on the drugs and cooking some mean meth, but have you heard about a cartel without weapons? I don't want combat as in FPS focused game, but omitting guns from this simulator totally, i shooting them selves in the foot. Pun intended and game refunded - Good luck with your unrealistic simulator, which btw defeates the whole purpose of making it.
Tregon 13 Aug @ 11:15am 
Originally posted by Hentai4life:
Hi dr. death
Ironic name for someone that is against guns, in a simulator portraying, perhaps one of the most violent sides of the drug word. I get that the emphasis should be on the drugs and cooking some mean meth, but have you heard about a cartel without weapons? I don't want combat as in FPS focused game, but omitting guns from this simulator totally, i shooting them selves in the foot. Pun intended and game refunded - Good luck with your unrealistic simulator, which btw defeates the whole purpose of making it.
Have you heard of cartel BOSS running around waving guns begging to be ventilated?

Because that is reserved to low level grunts. Player stops being one rather soon in the game.

Smart drug dealers avoid guns and shootouts like plague. Because bullets kill and there is no reload.
crowanoa 16 Aug @ 7:03am 
Originally posted by Tregon:
Originally posted by Hentai4life:
Hi dr. death
Have you heard of cartel BOSS running around waving guns begging to be ventilated?

Because that is reserved to low level grunts. Player stops being one rather soon in the game.

Smart drug dealers avoid guns and shootouts like plague. Because bullets kill and there is no reload.
Umm you do know that even the bosses carry guns right? They may not carry assault rifles but they do have guns. Why you may ask, it's called protection nobody in that business what's to be caught lacking. At the end of the day you can only count on yourself.
Tregon 17 Aug @ 1:20am 
Originally posted by crowanoa:
Originally posted by Tregon:

Umm you do know that even the bosses carry guns right? They may not carry assault rifles but they do have guns. Why you may ask, it's called protection nobody in that business what's to be caught lacking. At the end of the day you can only count on yourself.

Umm, you know... They never use them if they can choose. If they end up in attack they shoot their guns to keep others down while running to GTFO, NOT to go pewpew with others. Their real protection are low grade grunts that pewpew and die.

If boss is forced into situation where they have to fight they are already almost dead. And they know, smart ones at least, that they are just narcos, not soldiers. They can't hit broad side of barn from inside and drop dead as easily as everyone else when lucky bullet hits.

Do you know how Pablo died? Trying to run away.

What El Chapo did every time authorities came for him? Ran like hell.

Same applies to fights between different narcos. When Chapo had his war in 90s, he and his opponents made repeated attempts at each others lives. And in each case target of hit would not stay to pewpew but run like hell.
Last edited by Tregon; 17 Aug @ 2:05am
WEZ 19 Aug @ 3:39pm 
The lag is just too much i went back to DDS1 it's incredibly annoying. Another big factor from a DDS1 player is the lack of hands on drug production everything is automated :( i am not mixing anything the best recipe ive got is amp60% rest icing sugar real boring.

i cannot lay drugs out in hideouts and setup product show rooms/Realistic stash house, Distributors are too OP and the AI constantly harassing you to the point were you are forced to defend yourself and you gain a POI status which can ultimately lead to your home being raided by a military helicopter.. I don't care what you say no military or any police unit in the world is sending out a helicopter for a single POI its just broken and lazy its like getting 6stars on gta for running over one person, CMON !!!!

You have two strains of weed sativa and indica like the tooltips the systems are all cool there needs to be more added asap.. Why can i sell opium and morphine but not heroin? If i hate a customer aka hes always going to an out of the way spot i might want him to od ever thought about that?
Originally posted by Two Armed Bandit:
Originally posted by kornflakes89:

This, they've come out pretty bluntly and said combat won't be a major facet. I'll admit at first I was a bit disappointed but it makes sense, trying to balance the economics And combat in a way without one eventually becoming more important than the other is a tricky thing.

Either they have to:

Somehow organize some kind of way for NPCs to join you as bodyguards in gun-play and then they have to organize Allied NPCs to back you that can keep up with you when you start free-running

OR

After a point Co-Op becomes almost mandatory or you have to start thinking in tactical gun-play......too many variables for a game that focuses on broad-scale economics on your lonesome. Let me be clear I think we all know cartels are generally pretty ruthless organizations that deal in ultra-violence towards their competitors, especially in Central America.

But this is a small company that doesn't have a budget to really build an elaborate AI network I feel. No offense to the devs.
finally someone that realizes that this is a small company with not that much money, people don't realize that its quite hard good in depth games as a small company.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 24 Jun @ 2:33pm