Crysis Remastered

Crysis Remastered

View Stats:
XenonII 3 Dec, 2021 @ 10:01pm
Dear Crytek. You can stick your anti AMD GPU game up your nanosuit.
Running an RX 6800 XT. Get a nasty message on loading that says hardware ray tracing is not supported and recommends I update the graphics drivers. Then promptly sets all settings to LOW. Not only that, but NVIDIA only RTX and DLSS supported. Crytek, you are a disgrace. REFUNDED.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
michas 4 Dec, 2021 @ 12:17am 
Educate yourself on used API and why it uses software RT on AMD.
Heimdall 5 Dec, 2021 @ 2:48pm 
Thanks for the heads up Xenoll. I was curious to see what my 6900 would do with ray tracing but if its not supported native no thanks.
Originally posted by michas (つ◉益◉)つ:
Educate yourself on used API and why it uses software RT on AMD.
What an annoying reply. Then maybe they shouldn't have used a proprietary API that restricts certain graphical functions to cards of one vendor for all eternity. Both AMD and Intel have GPUs with hardware capabilities to run this game's graphics without issue.
Pfeuff 6 Jul @ 6:33am 
It's funny when you look at the RT reflections, and notice immediately that they slapped screen space reflections on top of it without any kind of blending to hide the fact. It's just another lazy remaster job by sweatshop workers over at Saber Interactive, and Crytek allowed this to happen because they don't respect you, only the shareholders. "Modern Gaming" is a sh!t show.
Keeps crashing on RX7800XT. Halfway in the game because some paths cannot be found???? Very disappointed....
Last edited by Aetherman; 7 Jul @ 5:32am
The Dude 23 Jul @ 1:52pm 
Originally posted by XenonII:
Running an RX 6800 XT. Get a nasty message on loading that says hardware ray tracing is not supported and recommends I update the graphics drivers. Then promptly sets all settings to LOW. Not only that, but NVIDIA only RTX and DLSS supported. Crytek, you are a disgrace. REFUNDED.
No, this is entirely YOUR fault. You should have done research on the game before you bought it genius. It's 2024, and most ppl do a little homework on the things they buy. People like you like to blame everything on everyone else but yourself. Take some responsibility for your actions.
Pfeuff 24 Jul @ 9:25pm 
Originally posted by The Goat King:
Originally posted by XenonII:
No, this is entirely YOUR fault. You should have done research on the game before you bought it genius. It's 2024, and most ppl do a little homework on the things they buy. People like you like to blame everything on everyone else but yourself. Take some responsibility for your actions.
Why should a particular GPU architecture be the limiting factor to someone's enjoyment and experiencing all of the fancy features?
Last edited by Pfeuff; 24 Jul @ 9:26pm
Pfeuff 31 Jul @ 9:12pm 
Originally posted by The Goat King:
Originally posted by Pfeuff:
Why should a particular GPU architecture be the limiting factor to someone's enjoyment and experiencing all of the fancy features?

What did i just say?? DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE YOU BUY A GAME.

Got it?

You could have googled "does my card support the graphical features in Crysis Remastered?".

Simple. Use your head. Do I have to spell this out for you?
Acting like a pompous pri%@ is not cute.
Originally posted by Pfeuff:
Acting like a pompous pri%@ is not cute.

I don't think anyone is trying to sound cute. He has a completely valid point. You have access to the information, choosing not to find the information then blaming the product is just ridiculous. It's not as if this is some new phenomena to PC gaming. Not all hardware works with all software. It's genuinely common sense, and people acting like they are somehow victims for choosing to not be informed is just outright stupid.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50