SCP : Secret Files

SCP : Secret Files

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
[BUG REPORTS]
Encountered a bug? Let us know!

SCP: Secret Files has officially been released! We can't wait for everyone to experience our game, but we also know that bugs and issues may crop up as you are busy securing, containing, and protecting. Describe your issues here with any information you feel may be helpful (for example, PC specs), and we'll do our best to isolate the problem on our end.

Thank you, and we hope you enjoy SCP: Secret Files!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 90 comments
Salius 14 Sep, 2022 @ 1:07am 
I have a gamebreaking bug. When Bella finds the poem and the game cuts back to Agent Q questioning Bella. The game is supposed to cut back to Pony station but instead I just have a black screen. Quitting and opening the game doesn't help, I still hear the fan and heart rate monitor but also my flashlight when I turn it on and off. Help would be very appreciated

Edit: Tried turning all the graphic settings to the lowest, still nothing
Last edited by Salius; 14 Sep, 2022 @ 2:21am
76561199242711221 14 Sep, 2022 @ 2:24am 
Originally posted by Salius:
I have a gamebreaking bug. When Bella finds the poem and the game cuts back to Agent Q questioning Bella. The game is supposed to cut back to Pony station but instead I just have a black screen. Quitting and opening the game doesn't help, I still hear the fan and heart rate monitor but also my flashlight when I turn it on and off. Help would be very appreciated

Wasn't aware of this one. Apologies for the hassle, and thanks for the report!
Dwolf179306 14 Sep, 2022 @ 4:06am 
The mouse sensitivity is reset in each game, you need to re-apply it to take effect.
Loved the game!
RoyalSeeker 14 Sep, 2022 @ 5:41am 
This is more of a graphical bug, but some of the chat messages in Archive Department chatroom is cut off.
Salius 14 Sep, 2022 @ 7:10am 
Originally posted by Diman:
Originally posted by Salius:

Wasn't aware of this one. Apologies for the hassle, and thanks for the report!

So at some point I just went out of the settings and it spawned me in the elevator. Very weird, I hope it doesn't happen to anyone else and that this issue is fixed soon

Having fun so far :steamthumbsup:
beppe 14 Sep, 2022 @ 8:20am 
Enjoying the game so far! non gamebreaking minor bug:
At some point there is a task to get on the elevator to Sector B24, in the hallway one of the rooms (marked 906 on doorframe) is partially open, but the room itself is not loaded (can see into the void/skybox?)
Last edited by beppe; 14 Sep, 2022 @ 8:20am
BatterKnife 14 Sep, 2022 @ 8:25am 
I got three issues I got through my playthrough.

* There are major lag issues when starting the mission for SCP-426 and at different parts throughout until the end.
* I did not get to continue game at the end to choose the other color door, screen goes completely black.
* After seeing the play for SCP-701 the first time, I saw no mannequins leading my way, I saw the lift open to the right and by entering the lift I fell through the world into the empty blue void.
Last edited by BatterKnife; 14 Sep, 2022 @ 8:26am
daemonangelo 14 Sep, 2022 @ 11:57am 
Can't start the game!

When I start the game, I can't reach the "Continue" button with the mouse cursor in the right bottom corner of the screen. I have an older 22" display with a native resolution 1680x1050 and it looks like the game forces the display to use 1920x1080 resolution. Is it possible to change the game resolution to 1680x1050 manually so I can get to the main menu?
Entirely unable to loop SCP-701 around anything due to having NO sprint. For whatever reason I can't sprint around him past my first attempt and now I'm stuck with him catching me every time because even if I try to lure him off to one side, I cannot get back to the middle and away fast enough to get through the door. It's made the game utterly unplayable for me from that point on.
Nezumīro 14 Sep, 2022 @ 1:57pm 
I'm playing on Linux and I am getting an image displayed in various locations throughout the game, linked here: https://ibb.co/F4VLmPN

It's like a video or image is missing and got replaced with a retro no-signal TV picture. It comes up when Bella is having flashbacks and it shows up on the main monitor instead of a map on your computer in the game. Also occasionally shows up in cutscenes or loading screens, as pictured in the linked image.
VolcanoSheep 14 Sep, 2022 @ 1:59pm 
Got stuck between guard and wall when playing D-081 game. Can't move from spot and I have a screenshot of where I'm stuck if needed.
RoyalSeeker 14 Sep, 2022 @ 3:27pm 
For some strange reason material textures seem to become randomly blurry regardless of graphical settings
Angel Hare 15 Sep, 2022 @ 2:22am 
Prior to the toaster mission when walking through the archives hallway i looked into room 406 and it was the empty void outside the map, i have them posted in my game photos as screenshots
djkolombo71 15 Sep, 2022 @ 4:40am 
I'm always falling through the avacuation lift floor at pony station. And i cannot complete black box mission.
Salius 15 Sep, 2022 @ 9:34am 
the blackscreens still occur
< >
Showing 1-15 of 90 comments
Per page: 1530 50