SCP : Secret Files

SCP : Secret Files

View Stats:
Seeker 18 Sep, 2022 @ 6:14pm
'Die Another Day' Achievement
Am I doing something wrong in regards to avoiding the monster's movements during the 701 history? In each instance it shows up it feels like the running speed is the equivalent of running through mud, not to mention opening the door in the initial run-in is an exercise in pure pain moreso than a way of building up chase tension.

The achievement seems impossible honestly.
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
X3noPanda 24 Sep, 2022 @ 2:51am 
It's impossible for me too, no matter how many times I try, it catches up with me all the time...

It would be nice if they increased the running speed of the character or reduced the speed of SCP-701, in my opinion.
Kurosenei 24 Sep, 2022 @ 7:14am 
The first encounter can be escaped easy if you press the interact button to crawl at the wall it can be used further away then you would think.

For the second encounter it can take some attempts but you can if the monster gets you hit esc and go back to the main menu were you then can continou and try again but you might need to start a new game to make that work.
X01071 24 Sep, 2022 @ 8:22am 
I need help. It is kind of impossible for me too. I can easily finished the 2nd encounter.. but how do you finish 1st??? (tbh I cant understand the crawl thing... video maybe?)
the opening the gate and run. I always get caught at the boxes... I tried doing this for 4th time...
...and is there a skip button?? I been doing the whole story thing over and over again. at this point I got a feeling I will remember the whole dialog.
Kurosenei 24 Sep, 2022 @ 8:59am 
with crawling i mean close to the end of the hunt were you crawl at the wall were the early interaction with it gives you a good chance to escape
also the boxes is quite early to be caught when i normaly run away i would get caught close to the end
and there is no skip button to my knowlege
X01071 24 Sep, 2022 @ 12:00pm 
Thx for the reply.
Now I get the crawling part. Sooo I need to open the gate and dash away without getting caught. Let me try again after I wake up.(Please someone tell me if they have any advice)

and I think I need to up my pressing the "e" keys because I can get away from it if the gates is already open.....it affects the run right?
Seeker 24 Sep, 2022 @ 10:40pm 
For me, I can't make it around the corner and through the door that leads to the wall shimmy/'crawl' without dying once and getting away without issue afterward. And 701 catches me in the same spot very time I make a new attempt. I can't tell if I'm not getting past the chained door fast enough, or if I'm clipping on something that slows me down.

The second encounter didn't seem all that bad until I kept getting slowed down on the stairs out of nowhere. I then died mere frames from the door to safety twice before making it through on the third attempt after death.

Again, it just feels like the agent's run speed is abysmally slow compared to 701.
X01071 25 Sep, 2022 @ 4:53am 
Day 3 of trying to complete the Achievement.

I am doing it again right now. I am only in here because the cutscene is soooooo long.
but the thing is I am watching the one who did it without dying.The pressing the e key thing..well... I think that is not it. it is not that kind of important. because I made a video of myself well while doing it..well I am faster than them.by seconds

I compare my video to their video. to see what is wrong.did I do something wrong or whatsoever...and I find myself stack. because the running part... I died the part where they did not.(It is the exactly the same space and almost same sec when the door open to the point I die) and I will like to try it again. If I have no updates it means I failed. and I give up for a day. If someone did it. Please send me a link.
Last edited by X01071; 25 Sep, 2022 @ 9:22am
I discovered if you try to run over the boxes that fall to the floor the monster will grab you. You gotta make quick turns to get pass the boxes. I still can't manage to get the achievement. I really hope devs add in a way to restart at certain points and not entire files
★Vegas★™ 16 Oct, 2022 @ 8:09am 
After a few trials I think I found out how to do this. First, obviously, try unluck the door as fast as you can, then right away, stick to the right side of the wall, after that, run in the straight line do QTE segment. It works for me, good luck.
Eisen 1 Nov, 2022 @ 10:54am 
Nah, this is based on luck basically. There is no strategy to it. I watched a streamer run the same way I did and didn't get caught.
Last edited by Eisen; 1 Nov, 2022 @ 10:54am
Seeker 1 Nov, 2022 @ 12:36pm 
That's aggravating... but good to know I guess.
Eisen 1 Nov, 2022 @ 12:51pm 
What I was thinking was: Set up Autohotkey to push E in an insane rate, to get past the first door quicker, but honestly... I am already really quick with this and I still fail at the same rate.

The most aggravating thing is the cutscene you HAVE to watch before retrying. It's infuriatingly long and unskippable.
Last edited by Eisen; 1 Nov, 2022 @ 12:51pm
shingo 18 Dec, 2022 @ 12:37pm 
In short, in order to escape for the first time from the king and the sewer, you need not to get under the boxes that the mannequin throws. To do this, we try to break the grate very quickly with a bolt cutter, and after running and keeping close to the right wall, do not slow down.
The main thing is not to let the boxes get into you, they slow you down a lot.:ahdetective:
Cudator 7 Jul @ 5:09am 
I think that the trick could be to pres E at the right moment (spam it whole time while running)
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 1530 50