Its too fast for me to move anywhere.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
HMIMH 20 Sep, 2023 @ 5:44pm 
go to the right where the chairs, he only charges forward
Iron Horse 21 Sep, 2023 @ 12:41am 
Originally posted by HMIMH:
go to the right where the chairs, he only charges forward

Incorrect. If you to too far up either side, he will charge down that side.

I had to redo that sequence 5 times because he just moves so damn fast.
Korinu 8 Nov, 2023 @ 8:11am 
Don't want to necro this thread, but if you are playing with high framerate, lower it to 30 FPS in the settings.
Worked like a charm.
Morphine 16 Nov, 2023 @ 5:03pm 
I'm not clear on where I'm supposed to be running anyways. did I miss an escape route? Or am I supposed to somehow get past him and into the elevator?

It doesn't matter what direction I run, eventually he'll catch me because there's nowhere for me to go except towards him. I did try turning frame rate down to 30fps but it didn't help much, since speed doesn't really matter when you're trapped in a room and the only exit is right behind the enemy.

Tried faking him out and pretending to go for one of the side aisles before doubling back to use the center. He always follows me into the side aisle when I try going all the way through one of them, but every time I tried to fake him out he still went for the middle and caught me.

Can anyone help me understand wtf I'm supposed to be doing to escape from him?
Originally posted by Morphine:
I'm not clear on where I'm supposed to be running anyways. did I miss an escape route? Or am I supposed to somehow get past him and into the elevator?

It doesn't matter what direction I run, eventually he'll catch me because there's nowhere for me to go except towards him. I did try turning frame rate down to 30fps but it didn't help much, since speed doesn't really matter when you're trapped in a room and the only exit is right behind the enemy.

Tried faking him out and pretending to go for one of the side aisles before doubling back to use the center. He always follows me into the side aisle when I try going all the way through one of them, but every time I tried to fake him out he still went for the middle and caught me.

Can anyone help me understand wtf I'm supposed to be doing to escape from him?

I looked up steam discussions because I was super confused too, this ended up doing the trick. Hope this helps any other confused researchers.

I switched to 30 fps and stood behind the stairs on the right. Get him to chase you straight down the aisle first, and circle around the chairs. Don't bother looking back, you can outpace him with the corners.

Once you feel confident book it to the exit at the back of the stage after rounding the chairs, from there you can continue as normal.
ThisWasSparta 20 Nov, 2023 @ 12:59pm 
For me it helped to not strafe. Not sure if that actually helped or I just got lucky, but it's perhaps worth trying. Pretty poorly designed sequence, imo.
dopefish 24 Nov, 2023 @ 10:53am 
Originally posted by Korinu:
Don't want to necro this thread, but if you are playing with high framerate, lower it to 30 FPS in the settings.
Worked like a charm.

This is something I learned with this game, it seems the monster events aren't framerate independent. The monster encounters were kind of terrible but the game was amazing overall.
Reyos 5 Dec, 2023 @ 9:49am 
Originally posted by Korinu:
Worked like a charm.

I was guessing it was the old Space Invaders situation, where the more powerful system would just process and animate based on frame rate or computing power and be unwinable. It's terrible coding (for modern projects) but still happens now and then
Pulse 14 May @ 6:44pm 
♥♥♥♥ THIS ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ GAME
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50