Dragon Age: Origins

Dragon Age: Origins

PTSTD 16 Jun, 2021 @ 1:46am
dragon age origins is trash
I had an assumption that games stopped being enjoyable for me around 2010, and DAO broke that prejudice in me and now i know that videogames were always bad.
Dragon age origins is objectively a buggy unfinished mess with a generic setting somehow got so popular to spawn 2 sequels (which i didn't try yet, but my friend who asked me to play it in the first place says that they are better). I played a lot of crpgs old and new. You name it - i probably at least tried it till the mid point and i can say that DAO is the least enjoyable out of all of them. Dialogues between party-members (the key feature of the game) are cringe-worthy at the best and straight up time-wasting nonsense at the worst and are constant distraction from actual gameplay, cause i was constantly standing waiting them to finish to click on the door or to talk to someone. Some relationship bar changes are just random, which makes me wanna abandon talking to them at all. Locations are too big and filled with the same enemies that are just tedious to fight with optimized party and tedious with a chance to being obliterated in seconds by some random ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ with unoptimized party(even on easy). There's no reason for a item limit that small and yet here it is, i basically had to backtrack to the merchant mid-quest each time, since there's a bunch of expensive items i need to make my mage not being one-shoted across the room.
You know what, i'm so pissed at this game that i don't even have any willpower to finish this post, cause it's like only 1/3 of my complaints. How do yall play it for 200 hours?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
Lynx 22 Jun, 2021 @ 7:02am 
I dunno, sounds like you just like different games.
Exarch_Alpha 24 Jun, 2021 @ 2:30pm 
Originally posted by Lynx:
I dunno, sounds like you just like different games.
PTSTD 24 Jun, 2021 @ 2:42pm 
i dunno, sounds like you make excuses to endure trash
SnakeFall117 24 Jun, 2021 @ 6:59pm 
Originally posted by PTSTD:
I had an assumption that games stopped being enjoyable for me around 2010, and DAO broke that prejudice in me and now i know that videogames were always bad.
Dragon age origins is objectively a buggy unfinished mess with a generic setting somehow got so popular to spawn 2 sequels (which i didn't try yet, but my friend who asked me to play it in the first place says that they are better). I played a lot of crpgs old and new. You name it - i probably at least tried it till the mid point and i can say that DAO is the least enjoyable out of all of them. Dialogues between party-members (the key feature of the game) are cringe-worthy at the best and straight up time-wasting nonsense at the worst and are constant distraction from actual gameplay, cause i was constantly standing waiting them to finish to click on the door or to talk to someone. Some relationship bar changes are just random, which makes me wanna abandon talking to them at all. Locations are too big and filled with the same enemies that are just tedious to fight with optimized party and tedious with a chance to being obliterated in seconds by some random ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ with unoptimized party(even on easy). There's no reason for a item limit that small and yet here it is, i basically had to backtrack to the merchant mid-quest each time, since there's a bunch of expensive items i need to make my mage not being one-shoted across the room.
You know what, i'm so pissed at this game that i don't even have any willpower to finish this post, cause it's like only 1/3 of my complaints. How do yall play it for 200 hours?

You just don´t like the game, shut the ♥♥♥♥ up plz
PTSTD 24 Jun, 2021 @ 11:11pm 
Originally posted by SnakeFall117:
Yeah, i know, but as you may see with your eyes, i posted some reasons why, so far people didn't reply with any refutation. I like crpgs, i even can play jrpgs to some extent. I just don't get how this cringey mess of Tolkienisque ♥♥♥♥ got so popular? Do you have reasons to think that it's "GOOD" or is it just nostalgia since you played it when you were kids in 2009?
SnakeFall117 25 Jun, 2021 @ 7:15pm 
Yeah, i know, but as you may see with your eyes, i posted some reasons why, so far people didn't reply with any refutation. I like crpgs, i even can play jrpgs to some extent. I just don't get how this cringey mess of Tolkienisque ♥♥♥♥ got so popular? Do you have reasons to think that it's "GOOD" or is it just nostalgia since you played it when you were kids in 2009?

i just think is a good game, i like it, if the game made me have a good time, what else matter?
PTSTD 26 Jun, 2021 @ 1:11am 
if the game made me have a good time, what else matter?
That's the worst stance to have in general. Spending 40+ hours on something you don't even know why, outside of it being "enjoyable", is just a shallow way to spend your time.

That's incredibly depressing.
SnakeFall117 26 Jun, 2021 @ 11:19am 
if the game made me have a good time, what else matter?
That's the worst stance to have in general. Spending 40+ hours on something you don't even know why, outside of it being "enjoyable", is just a shallow way to spend your time.

That's incredibly depressing.

Not more than complainign about a game you just don´t know how to enjoy dude, i like the game because sometimes is hilarious TO ME how my companions interact each other, how can i decide about a lot of things, who i am inside the game, the history is (in my perspective) the best part, read about the lore, about my friends inside the game, the way the game make me go whit certain companions in the misions, it´s that and more why i can enjoy the game, if yoy can´t find something that make you enjoy the game, it´s yot problem, you just took YOUR TIME to tell some bunch of guys (Apparently with a Russian majority) why YOU HATE A GAME, that´s even more depressing
PTSTD 26 Jun, 2021 @ 11:37am 
it´s that and more why i can enjoy the game, if yoy can´t find something that make you enjoy the game, it´s yot problem, you just took YOUR TIME to tell some bunch of guys (Apparently with a Russian majority) why YOU HATE A GAME, that´s even more depressing
Yeah, i needed to vent, and to process this, cause it seems like i fell into different reality timeline where something so ♥♥♥♥♥♥ could become so popular. But yeah, you prolly right, mah dude.
dark.solitude 4 Jul, 2021 @ 2:14pm 
The game is not garbage, it is just the standard of games of that time. And since the quality requirements have fallen, it will never compare with the old Baldur's Gate, for example. And the witcher with divinity, too, are not comparable. Compared to the classics, the characters are much more boring here, and the combat system is "a little" crooked. Some monkeys also made the camera.
Lynx 7 Jul, 2021 @ 1:42am 
Forgot opinions don't exist, only absolutely. Whoopsie
PTSTD 7 Jul, 2021 @ 2:34am 
You see, dude, your reply is so stupid that i don't even know if you're trolling or just don't think at least 1 step ahead. It's either we don't discuss anything, cause everything is an opinion and doesn't matter in a grand scheme of things since it's not an absolute truth or we can agree that we all like color red (in this case it's crpgs) and we can start discussing it's shades.
Lynx 7 Jul, 2021 @ 4:49am 
You see, dude, your reply is so stupid that i don't even know if you're trolling or just don't think at least 1 step ahead. It's either we don't discuss anything, cause everything is an opinion and doesn't matter in a grand scheme of things since it's not an absolute truth or we can agree that we all like color red (in this case it's crpgs) and we can start discussing it's shades.
Well, we can discuss a bit of it, but I'll just probably be called an idiot some more. You mentioned some optimization issues, but I didn't have those. It might be on your end or your unlucky. The game didn't have too many bugs at all, at the very least until you do awakening. Even then that could have only been on my end (I did have some mods in awakening) You talk about the dialogue which should be totally subjective. It's actually pretty engaging and makes the adventure more immersive. I don't know where all this waiting comes from...the game makes you do pretty much very little of that unless your talking about the map travel system to which I agree is kinda bad. Also you said you played a lot of CRPGS? That's nice, I've played some too. Baldur's gate is the epitome of clunk factor for sure. It can get buggy too. But there are fixes for most of that but the game is still clunky. If you still have trouble, DAO has console commands. You can cheat your way through, or just buff yourself enough you aren't being destroyed. The game can take some looking up to figure out but if you played other CRPGS I don't understand why you wouldn't be familiar with using a wiki this day in age.

I don't see it that way. You preface your entire post as someone who absolutely just hates the game he plays in every way, but you type it out as if what you're saying is absolute truth, not as if it's just not your type of game. That saying "my cup of tea" comes into mind. I'm not saying we couldn't have a constructive and engaging conversation. You just didn't make it seem like you wanted that.
yokoshlomo 25 Jul, 2021 @ 5:20am 
*flame*

Dunno mah mate.
Could be your mindset. Sounds for me like you are unhappy with a lot of things, beside the game.

Iam too lazy to search and you are way to rude to be less lazy....but there are a lot of QOL Mods out there which makes the game less edgy.
Still got a nice story and variety, cant help your opinion there.

Maybe ask your friends to play games for you. Seems to work better.
SnakeFall117 26 Jul, 2021 @ 4:58pm 
Originally posted by yokoshlomo:
*flame*

Dunno mah mate.
Could be your mindset. Sounds for me like you are unhappy with a lot of things, beside the game.

Iam too lazy to search and you are way to rude to be less lazy....but there are a lot of QOL Mods out there which makes the game less edgy.
Still got a nice story and variety, cant help your opinion there.

Maybe ask your friends to play games for you. Seems to work better.

Talkingn about mods... yeah, ther´s a ♥♥♥♥♥♥ LOT OF THEM but it is very hard to install (at least for me) because if i want to Morrigan have a better face, i need at least 12 packs of mods before the mod i need
< >
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
Per page: 1530 50