Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix+

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix+

View Stats:
Dear SEGA
Would you consider removing Denuvo? Thanks.
Last edited by Pasteurella; 17 Jul @ 12:16pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Agreed.

Sincerely, a paying customer.
Running it on Steam Deck with no issues on the 5W power setting getting a rock solid 60fps. Only time Denuvo annoys me is when I forget to boot it up if i haven't played in a while and try playing it out of the house.
It would be nice if it gets removed so that some of us don't have to worry about a ticking time bomb to a game that will cease to function because it can't authenticate to servers. Apparently this happened with the recent Persona game or something not long ago. Has happened before, will happen again.

And people wonder why I'm anti-DRM...
baku 21 Jun @ 1:38am 
they only care about prosekai now but they keep paying for denuvo on this
ffs
I get why companies would use it but I feel like it should only be for so long. Like after 2 years they should just consider removing it. And also, they make enough revenue from project sekai that it really wouldn't hurt them much if they took the risk of removing it. Luckily I was able to save up for a good gaming computer but not everyone is that lucky so it doesn't really affect me thankfully. But I'd like to see it removed since in my future life I probably won't be able to afford nice computers like now.
UmiFudge 23 Jun @ 11:21pm 
Originally posted by TreeMatt350:
I get why companies would use it but I feel like it should only be for so long. Like after 2 years they should just consider removing it. And also, they make enough revenue from project sekai that it really wouldn't hurt them much if they took the risk of removing it. Luckily I was able to save up for a good gaming computer but not everyone is that lucky so it doesn't really affect me thankfully. But I'd like to see it removed since in my future life I probably won't be able to afford nice computers like now.
There are quite a few talks about having the government (at least in the UK and EU) intervene in such cases so that consumers aren't tricked into buying what they thought was a supposedly perceptual software which ends up dying or ceasing function after their servers are taken down. It's happened with some Crew games I believe, which sparked a huge discussion about this topic
Nino 25 Jun @ 7:20am 
Agree. Also this game sometimes stutters like ♥♥♥♥.
Originally posted by Nino:
you might want too upgrade i mean good time too by the sounds
Originally posted by Magic Tofu Cat:
Well, for a 10 y/o game... Let's be honest, this is a port of a port of a port.

The game stutters for me on a i9 14900K cpu 4090 gpu and 64gb of ram, and the reason being is because of Denuvo. Denuvo causes all sorts of issues like stuttering, glitches and lag and also traces of it get left behind in the registry system even when the game is uninstalled. Denuvo like micro transactions are the devils spawn for gamning.
Originally posted by Iron Maiden:

The game stutters for me on a i9 14900K cpu 4090 gpu and 64gb of ram, and the reason being is because of Denuvo. Denuvo causes all sorts of issues like stuttering, glitches and lag and also traces of it get left behind in the registry system even when the game is uninstalled. Denuvo like micro transactions are the devils spawn for gamning.
Two years and yet there isn't a mod to delete it...
Originally posted by Super Kelly Sis:

Yeah it is a ♥♥♥♥♥ to crack especially now as Denuvo have seemingly found a way for the encryption to change if hackers are close to breaking the protection.
Originally posted by Super Kelly Sis:

Yeah it is a ♥♥♥♥♥ to crack especially now as Denuvo have seemingly found a way for the encryption to change if hackers are close to breaking the protection.
Hm, there must be a way to remove it... Maybe toying with its code hackers can discover a way...
No, the problem is with the game. You can partially mitigate it by playing offline and with mods, but alas, stuttering still exists.
Last edited by Pasteurella; 14 Jul @ 10:43pm
This is the kind of game where no stuttering is crucial for my enjoyment. If it doesn't run smoothly, I won't enjoy it. And yeah, I also don't want to depend on a working internet connection or whether the servers are online to be able to play a singleplayer game.

I will buy this game without a thought if the DRM gets removed. But as long as there's an obstructive DRM, I'm not really interested, and I'll just focus on the 100s of unplayed games that I already own instead.

I can sort of understand when publishers use DRM for popular games during release, to prevent piracy. But after some years, you probably make more money if you remove the DRM.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Per page: 1530 50